Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a lighting newb so I apologize in advance.
I have a Gobi rack and am looking at a 8 light Diode Dynamics SS5 cross link bar.
I was thinking of going with a white and amber combo for the lights. Are amber lights worth it on the roof? I know they are good to cut through fog and other bad weather but am I negating the benefit by being mounted so high?
Or should I just go all white and save the ambers for bumper mount fog lights? Also if I do go amber should I do a combo or spot lens?
these would be wired to individual switches to be used independently.
thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am a lighting noob, but I find amber to be better imo. My fog light kit in my modular bumper has mostly amber but one white combo. Seeing how bright the white white is, I would imagine that a white beam across the top might be quite stark. The glare on the hood might be annoying. Amber is softer.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a lighting newb so I apologize in advance.
I have a Gobi rack and am looking at a 8 light Diode Dynamics SS5 cross link bar.
I was thinking of going with a white and amber combo for the lights. Are amber lights worth it on the roof? I know they are good to cut through fog and other bad weather but am I negating the benefit by being mounted so high?
Or should I just go all white and save the ambers for bumper mount fog lights? Also if I do go amber should I do a combo or spot lens?
these would be wired to individual switches to be used independently.
thanks in advance.
when / where / why - would you use a roof mounted light bar?

Screenshot 2023-03-10 154635.jpg

OP
OP

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if I am being totally honest I like the look, especially on the Gobi rack. it looks empty without anything up there
Ford Bronco Rooftop light bar, all white or white/amber combo? Diode Dynamics SS5s 8900A108-121A-4AE1-80B3-CD757E4FA1AC
On the practical side, I do a good bit of off- roading but not much at night. I do drive in some pretty rural areas and would like the ability to have better visibility on back roads as well as in bad weather(ie, fog, snow).

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you are on a good path,building what you want. Don't think amber should be up there unless you like driving in a 20' orange haze. Keep them low.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rooftop light bar, all white or white/amber combo? Diode Dynamics SS5s 20220416_204720
Ford Bronco Rooftop light bar, all white or white/amber combo? Diode Dynamics SS5s 20220416_203753
Ford Bronco Rooftop light bar, all white or white/amber combo? Diode Dynamics SS5s 20220416_203741
Sponsored