Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To set the stage - a family member works for a logistics support supplier to Ford, another close family member is a Ford employee... We were supposed to get 15" of snow here in Michigan the last few days, but received about 8" from Mother Nature. I have been hounding my poor sister and others within Ford (there are a lot around these parts) for updates on my build. She knows I am following my build, my dealer, this thread, the semiconductor industry, etc. religiously and keep asking anybody and everybody to research my VIN and associated production schedule.

Today, she texts me and says MAP is closing for at least two weeks because of weather and all builds are pushed back at least a month, if not more. I immediately go to this forum, partly to be the first to post an update and partly to complain about the entire experience. I know I am never first to know, so I get a little suspicious. But, who wouldn't believe this after all of the drama over the last few years?! Note: I am the biggest joker of anybody I know... Paybacks are a b**ch.

Any other stories of levity around this entire debacle? My.build is March 3rd, pending the snow here in Michigan...
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To set the stage - a family member works for a logistics support supplier to Ford, another close family member is a Ford employee... We were supposed to get 15" of snow here in Michigan the last few days, but received about 8" from Mother Nature. I have been hounding my poor sister and others within Ford (there are a lot around these parts) for updates on my build. She knows I am following my build, my dealer, this thread, the semiconductor industry etc. religiously and keep asking anybody and everybody to research my VIN and associated production schedule.

Today, she texts me and says MAP is closing for at least two weeks because of weather and all builds are pushed back at least a month, if not more. I immediately go to this forum, partly to be the first to post an update and partly to complain about the entire experience. I know I am never first to know, so I get a little suspicious. But, who wouldn't believe this after all of the drama over the last few years?! Note: I am the biggest joker of anybody I know... Paybacks are a b**ch.

Any other stories of levity around this entire debacle? My.build is March 3rd, pending the snow here in Michigan...
I'm confused by your post, are you aware that Ford did actually close until 2/14 or do you think your family is playing a joke on you? It's not a joke you know that right?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-metro-detroit-plants-amid-chip-crunch.35702/

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused by your post, are you aware that Ford did actually close until 2/14 or do you think your family is playing a joke on you? It's not a joke you know that right?
So, now I am questioning my own existence!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They closed down until the 14th mostly due to chip shortages. They probably planned this and that's why a bunch got bumped last week

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not tracking hereā€¦ are you threatening Ford because of their decisions regarding the weather?
No I think he is suggesting because he is such a big joker that he is getting his payback from his family.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not tracking hereā€¦ are you threatening Ford because of their decisions regarding the weather?
Aw geez.... No threats here. I just want to fork over $50k for a new truck, weather or no weather.

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs