OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I installed this on my 22' Wildtrak Squatch last night... Got in this am and all the sensors are losing their minds. Turned off the parking assist hoping it would help... Then got on the highway... Adaptive would not work at all.. so had to change to basic cruise.

I can actually tolerate some of this... once I got in to go to lunch- sensors continued to freak out and I called Rough Country. Im going home to pull this thing off and return it... I am SO BUMMED...
Appreciate you trying this and reporting back. I thought it was perfect....

Really hoped RC would have designed it better, and not limited their customer base to, well people with just the Base
Sponsored

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was excited to find the RC nudge bar as an option for the base bumper. But what the actual hell were they thinking with the design versus the parking and ACC sensors? Even in their website photos they show it blocking the sensors, so if they tested the vehicle AT ALL before putting on the market they should have known their design needed to be tweaked. Would not have been hard to make it an inch or two taller and get it above the ACC sensor at least.

Guess I'll keep looking. If anyone finds a bull bar that works with base bumper and doesn't kill the expensive LUX package features, please post up!

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was excited to find the RC nudge bar as an option for the base bumper. But what the actual hell were they thinking with the design versus the parking and ACC sensors? Even in their website photos they show it blocking the sensors, so if they tested the vehicle AT ALL before putting on the market they should have known their design needed to be tweaked. Would not have been hard to make it an inch or two taller and get it above the ACC sensor at least.

Guess I'll keep looking. If anyone finds a bull bar that works with base bumper and doesn't kill the expensive LUX package features, please post up!
I have a 2021 Basesquatch and it didn't effect anything. Do you have a different model?

Sponsored

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2021 Basesquatch and it didn't effect anything. Do you have a different model?
Yes I have Wildrak with the Lux package. So the Auto Cruise Control sensor would be blocked. I'm sure it also messes up the front parking sensors, but I'd be ok with losing those (can be disabled in the settings menu). ACC on the other hand is a pricey feature and I use it on long road trips all the time.

For Broncos without those features, the RC nudge looks great, but the Bronco they put it on for their website photos (and presumably for test fitting) clearly had ACC and it seems like in their testing they would have realized an extra inch of height on the lower crossbar would have made their design useable for folks with ACC.

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed 1692168811619

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And I do manage to get off into some rough stuff from time to time, so I'm not wanting the nudge bar purely for mall crawler aesthetics. ;) With the plastic base bumper, a little steel protection up front would be nice

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed 1692169387680

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I have Wildrak with the Lux package. So the Auto Cruise Control sensor would be blocked. I'm sure it also messes up the front parking sensors, but I'd be ok with losing those (can be disabled in the settings menu). ACC on the other hand is a pricey feature and I use it on long road trips all the time.

For Broncos without those features, the RC nudge looks great, but the Bronco they put it on for their website photos (and presumably for test fitting) clearly had ACC and it seems like in their testing they would have realized an extra inch of height on the lower crossbar would have made their design useable for folks with ACC.

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed 1692169387680
I am sorry that it didn't work with your WT. There has to be other options out there by now. Kinda sucks that we end up being testers for all of the new gear for the Bronco. I am still looking for a roof light bar that doesn't make my soft top flap like a flag in the wind. I have bought 3 different ones and have had to send all of them back. Good luck and post if you find a nudge bar.
Sponsored