Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi,

I’m going to purchase the nudge bar at https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-nudge-bar-51045c.html - however my State DMV requires a front license plate.

The nudge bar has four brackets for mounting LED lights. I expect that the two center brackets could be used to hold a license plate. Has anybody ever done this? If so, what license plate bracket did you use to mount the license plate to the nudge bar?

Thanks!
Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi,

I’m going to purchase the nudge bar at https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-nudge-bar-51045c.html - however my State DMV requires a front license plate.

The nudge bar has four brackets for mounting LED lights. I expect that the two center brackets could be used to hold a license plate. Has anybody ever done this? If so, what license plate bracket did you use to mount the license plate to the nudge bar?

Thanks!
I have the same nudge bar and used the linked plate mount. I still can't get over how much it cost but it worked. I am not with the truck right now so I can't take a better photo for you. The attached one is the only one I have since installed it.

https://builtrightind.com/products/...-ford-bronco-2021-for-standard-plastic-bumper

IMG_3818.PNG

OP
OP

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same nudge bar and used the linked plate mount. I still can't get over how much it cost but it worked. I am not with the truck right now so I can't take a better photo for you. The attached one is the only one I have since installed it.

https://builtrightind.com/products/...-ford-bronco-2021-for-standard-plastic-bumper

IMG_3818.PNG

Thanks! When you have a chance, can you take a photo on how you attached the license plate bracket? I have this bracket now and I didn’t think it would work with the nudge bar - would be great to reuse it!

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks! When you have a chance, can you take a photo on how you attached the license plate bracket? I have this bracket now and I didn’t think it would work with the nudge bar - would be great to reuse it!
It works very well because you can flip it over and install on either side. I should be able to get a photo on Wednesday.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry for the delay. Hopefully this helps?

EE6E9B21-C7C4-440D-80E3-DBDB300E6ED7.jpeg

Sponsored

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does. Thanks!
I got that plate bracket as well, pricey but really well made. question for @AlexInNY I was considering the nudge bar, but I didnt plan on adding lights to it. I know it has tabs to mount lights, how does it look with out anything on them?

Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got that plate bracket as well, pricey but really well made. question for @AlexInNY I was considering the nudge bar, but I didnt plan on adding lights to it. I know it has tabs to mount lights, how does it look with out anything on them?
It was my plan to add lights too, but haven’t gotten around to it. I think it looks perfectly fine. I forget it’s there but am glad to have it as a little additional protection against aggressive parallel parkers.

BroncoWhaler

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the same question. But the second post in this thread with the picture of the light blue bronco doesn't have any lights, and I can't really see the tabs. @AlexInNY can you confirm that the tabs on the budget bar don't stick out if you don't use lights?

Also, isnt there enough room to keep the license plate where it normally is even with the nudge bar?

levisg

Outer Banks
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Continental, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the Rough Country nudge bar have any effect on your sensors or cameras? It gives the warning that it may on their website so I was just curious.
Thanks.
Sponsored