Sponsored

Rough Country Tailgate Table - feedback / review?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? Nobody has this table? It's more exclusive than a unicorn? 🦄

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got it installed, its a solid basic table.

The install was a little janky...the template didnt match up so if you have an extra set of hands its really easy but doing it solo (like my experience) is a bit of a challenge.

For a fraction of the price its honestly a no regret option. If you want more strength or more useable surface I would look at other options.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got it installed, its a solid basic table.

The install was a little janky...the template didnt match up so if you have an extra set of hands its really easy but doing it solo (like my experience) is a bit of a challenge.

For a fraction of the price its honestly a no regret option. If you want more strength or more useable surface I would look at other options.
Thanks!

This supports more weight than for OEM Ford one, correct?

I believe you need to drill a couple holes to install this; does it attach to any holes already on the cargo door to hold it steady while you mark where to drill? I'd likely be installing it alone too.

Also, would you mind sharing a picture of yours installed and folded up? Just want to see how far out it sticks.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!

This supports more weight than for OEM Ford one, correct?

I believe you need to drill a couple holes to install this; does it attach to any holes already on the cargo door to hold it steady while you mark where to drill? I'd likely be installing it alone too.

Also, would you mind sharing a picture of yours installed and folded up? Just want to see how far out it sticks.
Not sure how much weight it can hold, I'd refer to the specs between the two products to compare/contrast. I'll try to get a picture later on.

Yeah you need to drill 4 holes for the nutserts, has no connection to any existing points on the door so you start from scratch. The template is a good starting point, you can roughly map out where you want it (making sure it clears the plastic panel towards the top of the door). Once you get a corner hole marked drill it, put in the nutsert, roughly secure the table to that and do your best to mark out the next hole while its supported somewhat.

My suggestion is grab a long enough level and reference the door to ensure its level, then sharpie the circle where you will drill the next hole, double check and then drill/nutsert #2. Once you get two points mounted, confirm its still level and looks good then mark the next two holes drill and nutsert and you're good to go.

I would absolutely 1000% recommend going SLOW with your drill bit, and if possible throw a long enough socket on the bit so that you dont drill too deep by accident and pierce the exterior of the door. Take your time, you'll get through it no issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how much weight it can hold, I'd refer to the specs between the two products to compare/contrast. I'll try to get a picture later on.

Yeah you need to drill 4 holes for the nutserts, has no connection to any existing points on the door so you start from scratch. The template is a good starting point, you can roughly map out where you want it (making sure it clears the plastic panel towards the top of the door). Once you get a corner hole marked drill it, put in the nutsert, roughly secure the table to that and do your best to mark out the next hole while its supported somewhat.

My suggestion is grab a long enough level and reference the door to ensure its level, then sharpie the circle where you will drill the next hole, double check and then drill/nutsert #2. Once you get two points mounted, confirm its still level and looks good then mark the next two holes drill and nutsert and you're good to go.

I would absolutely 1000% recommend going SLOW with your drill bit, and if possible throw a long enough socket on the bit so that you dont drill too deep by accident and pierce the exterior of the door. Take your time, you'll get through it no issues.
Thanks for the tips! Very helpful :)

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks a lot smaller from the pictures. Is it?

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far it sounds like drill stops are your best friend on these rear table installs. I've got them in my drill bit set, but much as I hate buying things for one specific project, I think they'd be worth it to alleviate any concerns about putting one of those dents in the exterior for the door that I've seen a bunch of times on this forum (including by dealers in some cases).