Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, other than needing to spend money on something, what are the reasons to put this intake system on? Not trying to be a wise ass, serious questions about what folks think they are gaining with this or another intake modification?
Sponsored

Tyler@Lethal

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lightning 2021 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The ROUSH Bronco intake arrived from LETHAL PERFORMANCE (quite quickly, might I add) and I just had to get it installed. It’s super straight forward. 4, T30 Torx and the old lid comes off. Remove and replace the stock air filter for the larger unit provided. Install the rubber gasket on the new lid. Then bang the 4 Torx screws back on.

*I didn’t install the ROUSH badge.* I don’t like the way it’s oriented. Without the badge, the airbox lid looks more OEM+ than aftermarket, if that makes sense.

No driving experience or sound checks yet. I’m too busy for joy rides. So more to come there.

I also checked out the smart engineering done by Ford on the intake track. The water diverters and dump flaps. They learned a lot when FoMoCo owned Land Rover.

3A84E9B0-C0A5-4A6C-B37E-5D48B91504EF.jpeg

8557B09B-D3F1-48F3-9BB9-7CA04F4B80B8.jpeg

60A177E3-C7CC-4A9B-8F82-2CCF62489B9E.jpeg

64254D5E-0B5C-486D-AFA9-17585CE83401.jpeg
THIS LOOKS AWESOME! We genuinely appreciate your business and hope to further assist you in the future. Thanks a lot!

#TeamLethal

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The ROUSH Bronco intake arrived from LETHAL PERFORMANCE (quite quickly, might I add) and I just had to get it installed. It’s super straight forward. 4, T30 Torx and the old lid comes off. Remove and replace the stock air filter for the larger unit provided. Install the rubber gasket on the new lid. Then bang the 4 Torx screws back on.

*I didn’t install the ROUSH badge.* I don’t like the way it’s oriented. Without the badge, the airbox lid looks more OEM+ than aftermarket, if that makes sense.

No driving experience or sound checks yet. I’m too busy for joy rides. So more to come there.

I also checked out the smart engineering done by Ford on the intake track. The water diverters and dump flaps. They learned a lot when FoMoCo owned Land Rover.

3A84E9B0-C0A5-4A6C-B37E-5D48B91504EF.jpeg

8557B09B-D3F1-48F3-9BB9-7CA04F4B80B8.jpeg

60A177E3-C7CC-4A9B-8F82-2CCF62489B9E.jpeg

64254D5E-0B5C-486D-AFA9-17585CE83401.jpeg
Awesome review and installation pics! We really appreciate your business!

Thanks a bunch!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, other than needing to spend money on something, what are the reasons to put this intake system on? Not trying to be a wise ass, serious questions about what folks think they are gaining with this or another intake modification?
In the grand scheme of things this filter & housing alone won't provide noticeable gains however the reusable filter and inspection window are pretty handy and I do like how they make use of the factory intake. In addition to the intake I plan on an exhaust upgrade and tune, the three together should result in decent performance gains.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It might sound more aggressive.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch, that is an expensive cold air intake. For $480.00, there are definitely less expensive choices available. Although I do like the look of the Roush

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Was the gasket included with yours more round than flat like the installation photos? The gasket that came with mine was round and fits fine but isn’t the snuggest in the gasket channel on the underside of the airbox lid

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Oden502

Wildtrak
First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there any difference in sound & power ?

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sound maybe, power no. If you go back a page in this thread, power isn't even listed as a benefit for it. No idea why people are spending $500 on these things.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was the gasket included with yours more round than flat like the installation photos? The gasket that came with mine was round and fits fine but isn’t the snuggest in the gasket channel on the underside of the airbox lid
Our gasket was round. It was a pretty straight forward install. Just need to make sure the gasket stays in place when you drop the lid onto the rest of the assembly before bolting it down. Our install video will be released this afternoon. I'll make sure to post it in here for those interested.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I really didn't notice any additional sound after the install. However we've got aftermarket exhaust on our Bronco which may make it harder for us to notice any.

As far as power gains go if there are any I don't believe it would be noticeable by just the seat of the pants. We will however be dyno testing both the Roush Intake and Whipple filter on our bronco once the Whipple intercooler goes on this week. We'll make sure to let everyone know what results we get once testing is done and the video is edited/released.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks, Jared
Sponsored