First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone with these running a jumper / bonding from the bracket to the frame?

I just installed one and it isn't performing quite as good as the hood lip mount I was using, so thinking reduced ground plane is issue. Still very usable just a little more static and less range it seems.
That’s good to know, I haven’t installed it yet. Which hood lip mount were you using? Looking to install my radio soon. I just moved and haven’t unpacked the shack and I miss being on the air.
Sponsored

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s good to know, I haven’t installed it yet. Which hood lip mount were you using? Looking to install my radio soon. I just moved and haven’t unpacked the shack and I miss being on the air.
Nothing fancy, just the nmo lip mount from midland I had laying around from a GMRS kit.

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'll have to do the rest with the radio later - I have control and mic cables on order, so once those arrive, I can finish the install. For now, the radio is working, it just still looks ugly!
So did you ever finish the install? I would love to see where you located your radio body.

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So did you ever finish the install? I would love to see where you located your radio body.
Oh, hey! I did, actually - I originally mounted it just in front of the cargo area light, but I've since added in a Diabolical cargo enclosure (great enclosure, by the way) and have it mounted to the frame of the enclosure.

It rattled a bit at first, but I fixed the rattle with a little bit of dynamat and some duct tape because duct tape fixes all. :)

Ford Bronco Routing Power for Ham Radio IMG_3029

Ford Bronco Routing Power for Ham Radio IMG_3030

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, there are just very few good places back there for mounting a radio unless you install something else and mount to it. I spent a lot of time just trying to figure out a good place and well, this is what I wound up with. :)

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yah, I understand. I'm considering mounting it behind the driver's side panel in the rear. Between the tail light area and the wheel well there is a space that it fits into. Here I'm test mounting the bracket. I know it will fit since I held the whole assembly in the area. Kind of tight and so I'm a bit worried about heat. Not sure if this will be the final location, but I'm sure considering it.

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG
Sponsored