Sponsored

Rubbing with 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers - what to do?

sduhamell

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up a Base 2022 4 door this past weekend. (someone ordered it and then did not take it due to life reasons). It has lots of options, but still had the base wheels and tires.
I ordered and installed a set of wheels and tires from Extremeterrain.com. They were very knowledgeable and helpful, but I have a little issue. They are 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The ride is very quiet and smooth, no noticeable difference from the factory setup. The info from the salespeople said they would fit with no modification needed and no rubbing. However, when I turn to full lock in either direction, there is a very slight rub on the track bar.

I contacted the salesperson who's exact response was "that's odd, there should be no rubbing" and when I confirmed there was, he said "sorry bout that". The dealer installed the wheels and tires and a Bronco guy in the shop stated that a 1/2" spacer will fix it without issue. At this point its not about the money or the work, but I feel like I really got blown off my Extreme Terrain, who I have had nothing but good luck with previously.

Any comments?
Ford Bronco Rubbing with 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers - what to do? IMG_1525
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure what the offset is, but that may be your problem. You take off the crash bars?

OP
OP
sduhamell

sduhamell

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its not even close to the crash bars.

Yes, thats the wheel. -6 offset...Should it be more...like -20? or Positive

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your Bronco does not have a front tack bar. Is it hitting the sway bar? -6 with a 17x9 is not a good combo. The factory Base wheels are +55 and the factory Sasquatch are +30.

OP
OP
sduhamell

sduhamell

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, sorry, the sway bar. What's your opinion of the proper offset?

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

17x8.5 with 0 offset work great. I've got 315/70/17s with this wheel size / offset on a 2dr BB with ZERO lift or spacers (removed crash bars) and they fit great. Zero rub even under flex.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d ask Extreme for a discount so you can apply money to the lift. That is if you want to keep these wheels.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

17x8.5 with 0 offset work great. I've got 315/70/17s with this wheel size / offset on a 2dr BB with ZERO lift or spacers (removed crash bars) and they fit great. Zero rub even under flex.
That’s good to know because I’ve got 17x8s at 0 offset right now with 295/70/17s and want to go to 315s when these wear down. Was hoping I could do so without a lift but I may still put a level on it

OP
OP
sduhamell

sduhamell

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s good to know because I’ve got 17x8s at 0 offset right now with 295/70/17s and want to go to 315s when these wear down. Was hoping I could do so without a lift but I may still put a level on it
No rubbing? not even at full lock ?

OP
OP
sduhamell

sduhamell

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
No rubbing of any kind at full lock?

OP
OP
sduhamell

sduhamell

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got some cooperation from Extreme...they are recommending more offset (-12mm) to move the wheel out more.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No rubbing? not even at full lock ?
Not after I removed crash bars. I had minor rubbing at about 65% lock in reverse, but none in drive before crash bar removal.
Sponsored