Sponsored

Rubbing with 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers - what to do?

Lucky13!

Outer Banks
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you sure it's hitting the sway bar? The negative offset should be moving it much further from the sway bar than stock no? Tons of people on here run 33's with no lift and offsets in that range with no rub so this is weird.

-12 would be sticking outside of the SAS fenders, I'm not sure I'd want to go there.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got some cooperation from Extreme...they are recommending more offset (-12mm) to move the wheel out more.
Show 'em their OWN video where they use a 0 offset wheel LOL

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a different set of Pro Comps also 17x9 and -6 offset and those exact same tires. I had to pull the crash bars out, but that was it. Zero cutting, no spacers, etc. I literally just pulled out the crash bars and they went right on, but you have to pull the front and back crash bars.

Ford Bronco Rubbing with 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers - what to do? BroncoSideShot

Perk 22

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That -6 Offset is the issue I think. I put 17X8 +35 offset and 295/70/17 Nitto Grapplers and there is no issue. Crash bars are on.

Bronco Nitto.jpg

Bronco nitto4.jpg

Bronco nitto3.jpg

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I picked up a Base 2022 4 door this past weekend. (someone ordered it and then did not take it due to life reasons). It has lots of options, but still had the base wheels and tires.
I ordered and installed a set of wheels and tires from Extremeterrain.com. They were very knowledgeable and helpful, but I have a little issue. They are 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The ride is very quiet and smooth, no noticeable difference from the factory setup. The info from the salespeople said they would fit with no modification needed and no rubbing. However, when I turn to full lock in either direction, there is a very slight rub on the track bar.

I contacted the salesperson who's exact response was "that's odd, there should be no rubbing" and when I confirmed there was, he said "sorry bout that". The dealer installed the wheels and tires and a Bronco guy in the shop stated that a 1/2" spacer will fix it without issue. At this point its not about the money or the work, but I feel like I really got blown off my Extreme Terrain, who I have had nothing but good luck with previously.

Any comments?
Ford Bronco Rubbing with 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers - what to do? Bronco nitto3
wheel offset?

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a different set of Pro Comps also 17x9 and -6 offset and those exact same tires. I had to pull the crash bars out, but that was it. Zero cutting, no spacers, etc. I literally just pulled out the crash bars and they went right on, but you have to pull the front and back crash bars.

Ford Bronco Rubbing with 17X9 pro-comp wheels with 285/70R17 (33" tall) Nitto Ridge Grapplers - what to do? Bronco nitto3
Are those Pro Comps or American Racing Bajas? I'm looking at these for my 2 DR OBX. Nice look. -12 Off Set, correct? I'm downsizing from 18" to 17" rims with 285/75 R17 A/T tires.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to consider both the offset and the width to figure it out, not just the offest, or look at another specification, which is an expression of that, "Backspace"..

With an Offset of -6 and a nine inch rim, the backspace is 120.3mm (4.74 inches). the same offset with an 8 inch rim is 107.6 (4.24 inhces)

Basically, that means the 9 inch rim sticks both in and out 1/2" more which is why the one shop actually suggested the 1/2: spacer as a possible fix.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs