First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Currently my sub thumps when I am out of my Black Diamond. I hooked it up to a fuse that I thought shut off when the bronco shut off but if you get close to it with your keys it comes on and seems to run quite a while after being shut off. I was wondering if anyone has hooked their sub up through an Aux switch so you can shut if off when you aren't using it and not worry about surges running through it when it's off?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is you amplifier staying powered 24/7??

If so... which amplifier exactly?? Most amplifiers have a DC offset setting which will automatically power off the amplifier when it stops receiving an input signal. And if it doesn't there is several options to add a remote turn-on line depending on the amplifier and the model year Bronco you have.

OP
OP
Dalex

Dalex

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is you amplifier staying powered 24/7??

If so... which amplifier exactly?? Most amplifiers have a DC offset setting which will automatically power off the amplifier when it stops receiving an input signal. And if it doesn't there is several options to add a remote turn-on line depending on the amplifier and the model year Bronco you have.
I have an Infinity 4 channel DSP and a JBL Club A5055 Amp running in a 23 Black Diamond.

amp.png

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is that red cable that's plugged into the remote line from???
Same question - what is your red, remote line wire connected to? And is your turn-on mode switch set to DC or REM?

I have the same amp in my Tundra and have had no issues like you describe.

Sponsored

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was using the GTO or Great Turn On feature with my Audio control D-5.1300, but experienced turn on "pop." I since turned GTO off and used the aux wire in the rear passenger side trunk panel and wired it to aux switch #6. No problems in about a year. I leave the switch on always, but have the ability to turn it off to troubleshoot the amp or parking with valet etc.

OP
OP
Dalex

Dalex

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same question - what is your red, remote line wire connected to? And is your turn-on mode switch set to DC or REM?

I have the same amp in my Tundra and have had no issues like you describe.
Red wire comes from DSP. DSP power wire comes from somewhere near the head unit. I'm taking that apart tomorrow to find out. Original Installer has since quit so I'm on my own. I screen print and did a lot of trade for this and the system sounds amazing so if I can just get it to shut down completely when it's done it will be awesome.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you checking to see if the system is off with the key in your pocket? I’ve noticed that once my bronco senses the key it turns on my amps. Take the key away for a bit and it turns off. Just my observation with my own set up.

OP
OP
Dalex

Dalex

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took everything apart to figure it out. The system is basically completely rewired. The power actually goes straight to the sub and runs out from there to the DSP. If anyone would know if I could find a kill switch that I could hook up to one of the aux switches and put right before this fuse I could shut the power off of the entire system manually.

fuse.png

OP
OP
Dalex

Dalex

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up using the white/orange wire in the right-hand rear quarter panel and hooked it up to the remote in the amp. Then connected the white/orange behind glove box and ran it to Aux 6. Now I can just shut the amp off with Aux 6 and the thumping is gone.

IMG_6882.jpeg
Sponsored