Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting ready to tackle full audio upgrade using all I've learned from forum. Special shout out to @RagnarKon @cmcbronco @Ksjrb03 to name just a few for all their information and assistance.

Just a few final questions.

1. I'm using the PlugnPlay 19-1 and will be unspooling the blue turn on lead wire from the harness to the Kicker 500.1. However, I'd like to wire this to an AUX switch as well. Any photos of vids on how I would do this and to which switch? Do I split turn on lead, run from under hood, etc?

2. I've got Forscan, but am curious. When you run the Kicker Tone Technology, does it supersede the Forescan settings, or do I still need to adjust (at very least 0 EQ)?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I'm using the PlugnPlay 19-1 and will be unspooling the blue turn on lead wire from the harness to the Kicker 500.1. However, I'd like to wire this to an AUX switch as well. Any photos of vids on how I would do this and to which switch? Do I split turn on lead, run from under hood, etc?
Not sure I follow this one.

You want to be able to turn on/off the 500.1 with the Aux switch?? Or do you want to turn it on/off with the 200.4? Or do you want the Aux switch to override the 200.4??
2. I've got Forscan, but am curious. When you run the Kicker Tone Technology, does it supersede the Forescan settings, or do I still need to adjust (at very least 0 EQ)?
The Kicker technology will attempt to "correct" the signal coming out of the stock Bronco amp.

The less correction the Kicker has to do, the better the results. So the goal is to make the signal coming out of the Bronco as unmodified as possible, and the best way to do that is by disabling the EQ.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t have a kicker so excuse me if this is obvious….

But most speaker-level amps can auto-turn on when they detect a signal (although many will have a discrete switched line if they can use a signal level input). Does the kicker not have the ability to auto turn on?

OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure I follow this one.

You want to be able to turn on/off the 500.1 with the Aux switch?? Or do you want to turn it on/off with the 200.4? Or do you want the Aux switch to override the 200.4??

The Kicker technology will attempt to "correct" the signal coming out of the stock Bronco amp.

The less correction the Kicker has to do, the better the results. So the goal is to make the signal coming out of the Bronco as unmodified as possible, and the best way to do that is by disabling the EQ.
I guess I'm looking for a failsafe option so I can cut power to AMP(S). However, I'm not sure of effect of AUX switch to either hooking to 200.4, 500.1 or both.

If I have the AUX switch override the 200.4 with your setup, would that mean if I switch off AUX the whole system (both AMPS) would shut down, and if so, would the stock head unit still work when the AUX is off?

What would you suggest as the best option, and which switch is rated to handle this?

OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t have a kicker so excuse me if this is obvious….

But most speaker-level amps can auto-turn on when they detect a signal (although many will have a discrete switched line if they can use a signal level input). Does the kicker not have the ability to auto turn on?
Yes it does. Maybe I'm overthinking, but thought a failsafe too turn off would be good idea.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'm looking for a failsafe option so I can cut power to AMP(S). However, I'm not sure of effect of AUX switch to either hooking to 200.4, 500.1 or both.
Ah okay. So you just want to be able to turn on/off the amps with Aux switch.

So both of the amplifiers have remote lines that will turn on the amplifiers when it sees 12 volts. You just have to connect an Aux switch line to both of those remote lines (one on each amp). Doesn’t matter which switch because the amps themselves will still be powered from the battery, so the power requirement for the Aux switch is extremely low.

If I have the AUX switch override the 200.4 with your setup, would that mean if I switch off AUX the whole system (both AMPS) would shut down, and if so, would the stock head unit still work when the AUX is off?
Yes, the whole system would shut down when the Aux switch is turned off.

The stock head unit would still technically be on producing audio but you will hear nothing out of the speakers.

Honestly I would say using the Aux switch as a failsafe is unnecessary, as they both have the ability to turn on when they see an audio signal and turn off when that audio signal goes away. But you can definitely use an Aux switch to control them if you want.
Sponsored