Sponsored

Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I ran both my antennae and my power and ground to my light bar up through the A pilar. The existing upfitter wiring was just slightly too small for my power and ground amperage draw to my light bar.... I would not use that upfitter wire for anything over a 15 amp draw and my KC light bar draws just over 16 amp and I wanted my antennae
Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. antenna and light bar wireing 3
mounted above the roof (as high as I could). When you are snaking up through the A pilar just be sure to tie back everything out of the way of the air bags.
Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. antenna and light bar wireing 4
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, I may be the first then. I already have the cable and power run through the firewall boot. Now I need to get it up the A pillars and to the radio mounted on the overhead Molle panel. Not sure how hard it is to pull all that stuff off to run everything behind it. Anyone who has pulled the A pillar panels and the trim piece above the doors off feel free to chime in with suggestions. I'm assuming, they are just clipped in and need to be just popped out?
IAG sells some interior lights that require you to pull that upper trim down to install. I’ve done it, it’s really not that bad. You can probably look for that video as well.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
well, I may be the first then. I already have the cable and power run through the firewall boot. Now I need to get it up the A pillars and to the radio mounted on the overhead Molle panel. Not sure how hard it is to pull all that stuff off to run everything behind it. Anyone who has pulled the A pillar panels and the trim piece above the doors off feel free to chime in with suggestions. I'm assuming, they are just clipped in and need to be just popped out?
Check out this video by @Middleton Motorsports posted in another informative radio install thread. I believe it shows the process of removing the trim panels to run your wiring.

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model