Sponsored

Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm going to mount my antenna up front by the ditch lights, and the GMRS on the overhead Molle panel I have across the top of the Raptor. which means I need to get both into the overhead trim somehow to get it where I want to go. How hard is it to get the uplifter stuff down to run my power and cable through that area. So, I have to get the cable and the power/Ground from overhead down to the firewall and through. Cable to antennae and power and ground to battery. Unless it would be easier to tap into power without going through the firewall. Has anyone done this yet and where did you tap into for power. And on the antennae cable, did you slice the boot that goes through the firewall on the driver's side? just looking for tips/options and what you did to accomplish all this. I hate cutting the boot, but it may be inevitable.
Sponsored

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve done it. Cut the boot! It’s designed that way. I have the power and antenna for my GMRS going through it with zero issues.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drilled a hole for my Gmrs antenna cable (thru the boot)

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im assuming the Brapter firewall is the same as my 21 Badlands, but I ran wires through the rubber grommet also. The pic shows it along with how I mounted my Midland MXT575.

Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. IMG_5296

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cut a small X pattern in the rubber boot to run the antenna cable through, very easily done..

Sponsored
OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Im assuming the Brapter firewall is the same as my 21 Badlands, but I ran wires through the rubber grommet also. The pic shows it along with how I mounted my Midland MXT575.

Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. IMG_5296
You mounted yours on the floorboard?

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased a mic extension cable from Amazon and mounted the mic plug-in in the center console so I can unplug and put the mike in the glove box when not being used.
Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. IMG_5300
Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. IMG_5299

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I purchased a mic extension cable from Amazon and mounted the mic plug-in in the center console so I can unplug and put the mike in the glove box when not being used.
Ford Bronco Running power and GMRS cable through firewall on Raptor. Anyone done it yet. IMG_5299
Nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone mounted their radio up high and had to run the power and cable through the trim/uplifter area up top and down the A pillars? Just wondering how hard it is to get all that stuff down to do it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone mounted their radio up high and had to run the power and cable through the trim/uplifter area up top and down the A pillars? Just wondering how hard it is to get all that stuff down to do it.
I have not seen anyone do it that way specially since you can just mount it behind the glove box and then put a connector in the console in several different areas.

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
well, I may be the first then. I already have the cable and power run through the firewall boot. Now I need to get it up the A pillars and to the radio mounted on the overhead Molle panel. Not sure how hard it is to pull all that stuff off to run everything behind it. Anyone who has pulled the A pillar panels and the trim piece above the doors off feel free to chime in with suggestions. I'm assuming, they are just clipped in and need to be just popped out?

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Search light bar install videos. A couple of them ran wiring down the A pillar for some reason to tie into the upfitter wiring behind the glove box. Not sure why they didn’t tie in to upfitter up top, but they did a good job of showing how to route a wiring harness down the A pillar as I recall. Good luck

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ran the antenna through the grommet and used the upfitter wiring that runs from the engine bay to behind the glove box.

my radio is mounted underneath the center console, but I'm having issues with very bad interference from the LED drl and headlights all along the cowl, and especially around the drivers side ditch light area. I tried a couple different cables and antennas and haven't figured it out yet. I have some ferrite chokes to put on the power wire but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
Sponsored