Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

if properly executed, aluminum shackles can be absolutely fine. It really just depends on the application you want them for. Mild offroading with a chance that you might need a bump over an obstacle or two, or beach running and want the ability to rescue a car or two, no worries, no sense in lugging around unnecessary steel. If you're Matt's Offroad or you only hit the trails that have skulls and imminent peril signs at the entrance, probably best to go with steel, the bigger steel ones actually LOL
Exactly. And I love those guys.
Sponsored

xcntrk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those wanting to flat-tow their Bronco behind an RV and use the front factory recovery points as a tow-bar attachment, would you recommend these aluminum units for that purpose?

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Following this thread cause almost exactly what I want. OG's are just to big for my taste but smaller version is great. If I see a cactus grey then I'll order on the spot!

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These designs have been completed for a while. We're just now making chips. We went back in and redesigned the OEM frame mounted recovery points and smaller SITH shackle pair for the front. Smaller to better suit the eyes of some. Just like the OG SITH, these are handed shackles. The OG SITH are also more of a statement piece with a classy presence to them. We toned that down on the SBD version. The bolt is still chunky 3/4" 316 Stainless. The overall clean and OEM+ look is intact.

Where it gets spicy is the integration between our 7075 billet mount point and SITH SBD Shackles. The tolerance is money, since they're both machined parts. Both 7075 billet machined parts, might I add. This allows us to integrate the spring loaded detent feature of our SITH-R. Those of you that have one, know what I'm talking about. The shackle doesn't swing. The spring detent holds it in place.

Once they're machined, the next step is off to powdercoat. This first set will be powdercoated in a 'Code Orange' powdercoat. If there's a local to us Raptor out there that wants to get in on an opportunity to get these installed on their BRAPTOR in exchange for some photos, you know where to find me. :)
View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381

C6ABEAA2-587B-46E3-A51E-7BA92592161D.jpeg

Cactus grey please and thank you

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are these coming along?

These designs have been completed for a while. We're just now making chips. We went back in and redesigned the OEM frame mounted recovery points and smaller SITH shackle pair for the front. Smaller to better suit the eyes of some. Just like the OG SITH, these are handed shackles. The OG SITH are also more of a statement piece with a classy presence to them. We toned that down on the SBD version. The bolt is still chunky 3/4" 316 Stainless. The overall clean and OEM+ look is intact.

Where it gets spicy is the integration between our 7075 billet mount point and SITH SBD Shackles. The tolerance is money, since they're both machined parts. Both 7075 billet machined parts, might I add. This allows us to integrate the spring loaded detent feature of our SITH-R. Those of you that have one, know what I'm talking about. The shackle doesn't swing. The spring detent holds it in place.

Once they're machined, the next step is off to powdercoat. This first set will be powdercoated in a 'Code Orange' powdercoat. If there's a local to us Raptor out there that wants to get in on an opportunity to get these installed on their BRAPTOR in exchange for some photos, you know where to find me. :)
View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381

C6ABEAA2-587B-46E3-A51E-7BA92592161D.jpeg

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are these going to see the light of day? Works love to see them in cactus grey version

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The recovery points are moving along. If you're a original SITH shackle customer you know how long it takes to get a run of those completed and shipped. Now we're adding another more complex 7075 machined component and another finish into the mix. My plan is to have them on a Bronco at the end of July for photos.

Apologies for the the radio silence. Personally, I've been slammed, pulling quadruple duty since our main machinists had to take time away. We're about to tee off on another product line that I've been wanting to do since I started AR five years ago. More on that in a new thread. There's also SEMA that we're gearing up for now. We have a 30x20 booth in North or Central Hall. I don't remember which.

I'll get updates added, as things progress. Trust me, the sauce is coming.

TMillz

Wildtrak
First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't wait to see these installed on a Bronco. Anything I can do to be one of the lucky ones to install and send pics of the finished product? ;)

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually installed the DV8 grey shackles while waiting for these. Not bad but not exact color match though. Waiting to check these out hopefully in cactus grey so I can hit that purchase button!

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When do you expect this to release?

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have bought these but I traded my capable bumper shackles for someone’s modular bumper ones so I could get your shackles

IMG_0329.jpeg
Thanks for sharing...I was wondering which color would work with the HPR. What color are these?

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any movement on these?

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just having fun at this point lol. I understand progress takes time but really want to see these in cactus grey!

Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point 1694115774340

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just having fun at this point lol. I understand progress takes time but really want to see these in cactus grey!

1694115774340.png
Dude... one of my favorite memes. 🤣

They're done. I haven't put eyes on them though. I forget what color we asked for from powdercoat. Possibly the BADLAND'ish orange/yellow. Our Bronco has the OEM winch mount so we can use it to mock up. I'll reach out to one of our local customers for an assist.

So, short answer, yes. This is moving along. The last month has been a crazy string of being side-tracked and going to plan b, c,d,e. I received a call this am that the Dark Horse we had ordered is now indefinitely stuck on the assembly line (UAW Strike), BUT, another one that's the exact same build landed at the dealer last night. So it looks like we'll be bringing it to SEMA with a set of billet wheels we don't even have designed yet.

Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point 71649361287__EBDC8FFB-F5CC-46CA-91AC-2AF8724E4EBC

no pressure...
Sponsored