First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These designs have been completed for a while. We're just now making chips. We went back in and redesigned the OEM frame mounted recovery points and smaller SITH shackle pair for the front. Smaller to better suit the eyes of some. Just like the OG SITH, these are handed shackles. The OG SITH are also more of a statement piece with a classy presence to them. We toned that down on the SBD version. The bolt is still chunky 3/4" 316 Stainless. The overall clean and OEM+ look is intact.

Where it gets spicy is the integration between our 7075 billet mount point and SITH SBD Shackles. The tolerance is money, since they're both machined parts. Both 7075 billet machined parts, might I add. This allows us to integrate the spring loaded detent feature of our SITH-R. Those of you that have one, know what I'm talking about. The shackle doesn't swing. The spring detent holds it in place.

Once they're machined, the next step is off to powdercoat. This first set will be powdercoated in a 'Code Orange' powdercoat. If there's a local to us Raptor out there that wants to get in on an opportunity to get these installed on their BRAPTOR in exchange for some photos, you know where to find me. :)

C6ABEAA2-587B-46E3-A51E-7BA92592161D.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg

IMG_4327.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg

IMG_4325.jpeg

IMG_4324.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg

831a8771-edit.jpeg

831a8757-edit.jpeg

831a8745-2-edit.jpeg

831a8735-2.jpeg

831a8719-edit.jpeg

831a8652-edit.jpeg

831a8645-edit.jpeg

831a8620-edit-2.jpeg

831a8610.jpeg

831a8595-edit.jpeg

sith_sbd_blue_1.png

sith_sbd_blue_2.png

sith_sbd_blue_3.png

sith_sbd_green_2.png

sith_sbd_green_3.png

sith_sbd_orange_1.png

sith_sbd_orange_2.png

sith_sbd_orange_3.png

sith_sbd_yellow_1.png

sith_sbd_yellow_2.png

sith_sbd_yellow_3.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curtis you have these in blue like I have now?

IMG_20230317_185634.jpg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These designs have been completed for a while. We're just now making chips. We went back in and redesigned the OEM frame mounted recovery points and smaller SITH shackle pair for the front. Smaller to better suit the eyes of some. Just like the OG SITH, these are handed shackles. The OG SITH are also more of a statement piece with a classy presence to them. We toned that down on the SBD version. The bolt is still chunky 3/4" 316 Stainless. The overall clean and OEM+ look is intact.

Where it gets spicy is the integration between our 7075 billet mount point and SITH SBD Shackles. The tolerance is money, since they're both machined parts. Both 7075 billet machined parts, might I add. This allows us to integrate the spring loaded detent feature of our SITH-R. Those of you that have one, know what I'm talking about. The shackle doesn't swing. The spring detent holds it in place.

Once they're machined, the next step is off to powdercoat. This first set will be powdercoated in a 'Code Orange' powdercoat. If there's a local to us Raptor out there that wants to get in on an opportunity to get these installed on their BRAPTOR in exchange for some photos, you know where to find me. :)
View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381
Hey any chance we can see a side by side old vs new?

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Working load limit?
Our FEA provided data of 9,800 lbs WLL. I’d still want to get live empirical data around fatigue and failure thresholds.
Hey any chance we can see a side by side old vs new?
Good call. I meant to have this is Post 1, but couldn’t locate the render. Here it is. I’ll also add it to the main post.

Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point 63F08FCF-CA37-4BD1-8E76-AD5A34F0F58F

SouthernSparty

First Edition
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381

Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point 63F08FCF-CA37-4BD1-8E76-AD5A34F0F58F
Love the quality.
Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point IMG_6896

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm local with a Black BRaptor. Would be very interested in being photo vehicle for the Code Orange shackles as I've been looking for code orange ones anyways.

Last edited:

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looks great Curtis! The OG SITH do make a statement on my Bronco, they have yet to be used but people have commented on them more than once. I went with Hot Pepper Red and the Green SITH looks good. PowerCat Purple would be better especially when I visit my daughter in Manhattan.

Sponsored

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sweet your products are always 100% can’t wait to order a set for the Braptor.

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381

Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point IMG_6896
But when will we see your upper grab handles to take the place of the awful, droopy paracord ones that always hit your head when you get in the rig? And, when will you bring back the AR quality badging for the Bronco front fenders, hopefully tailored for each model (like my Wildtrak!).

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Our FEA provided data of 9,800 lbs WLL. I’d still want to get live empirical data around fatigue and failure thresholds.
Beautiful stuff.

So WLL is with safety factor 3 or 5 or so? Comparable to a steel 4.75 ton, I guess.

Are you really concerned about fatigue? That type of analysis or testing is for things that endure a large number of repeating load cycles, perhaps 10^5 or 10^7. I hate to see the rig that needed a million uses of tow hooks ;)

Does this need a matching/mating part for Braptor front application?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Beautiful stuff.

So WLL is with safety factor 3 or 5 or so? Comparable to a steel 4.75 ton, I guess.

Are you really concerned about fatigue? That type of analysis or testing is for things that endure a large number of repeating load cycles, perhaps 10^5 or 10^7. I hate to see the rig that needed a million uses of tow hooks ;)

Does this need a matching/mating part for Braptor front application?
It wouldn't need to be towed a million times to rack up a million cycles. Being towed or towing another rig just one mile on a trail could result in tens of thousands of load cycles just from hitting bumps and rocks and not keeping perfect tension on a recovery strap at all times. Just imagine the amount of clunking and popping you'd hear from towing a trailer down a rough road, add every single one of them together, and that's how many cycles you've put the hitch through. Each one of those clunks is putting tremendous stress on the hitch, but the hitch is designed for it. I doubt an aluminum shackle would start showing metal fatigue after a year or two of use, but as with anything aluminum, it's kind of inevitable, and people don't routinely replace their shackles unless they get damaged on the trail. Factoring in that kind of safety factor for an aluminum shackle seems prudent to me.

TMillz

Wildtrak
First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381

C6ABEAA2-587B-46E3-A51E-7BA92592161D.jpeg

[/QUOTE
Curtis you have these in blue like I have now?

IMG_20230317_185634.jpg

View attachment 498379

View attachment 498380

View attachment 498381

Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point C6ABEAA2-587B-46E3-A51E-7BA92592161D
Ford Bronco S.I.T.H. S.B.D / S.I.T.H. S.B.D-R    Front Recovery Points X Rear Hitch Recovery Point 89507BBE-40AB-466F-A3C4-1B9C22A237DD
Hey Curtis,

I would love to have a set made for my carbonized gray bronco, can you make that happen? I can get you the paint code if need be.
Sponsored

Attachments