Sponsored

Sacrifice made today to get my Bronco early..

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The joy of driving stick shift will make you smile
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just so disappointed that somebody would skip out of tele-work to look at a Bronco.

I would never skip tele-work to look at a Bronco. I go 100% and would skip actual in-person work to look at a Bronco. Never let your staff down, never give up on them, and certainly don't be there for them when there's Bronco to be seen!

Okay jokes aside, get the motor you want. I can't rationalize why somebody would pay $5K to get the 2.7 motor (auto trans included), but you say you need an automatic which follows typical American trends so that's the penalty price you get to pay for not knowing how to drive a stick or being able to learn how.

Do you like to turn a wrench yourself or hire out for mechanical work? Typically both turbos in the 2.7 will need replacement by 150K miles, but as a Mustang freak (your words), you'll probably need to drift the Bronco through a crowd of people in short order which takes those eventual maintenance items off your list of vehicle concerns.

The 33" tires on Badlands do look pretty awesome!
150k based on what data. I just pulled the two turbos from my 3.5 F-150 with 230k and they looked perfect. The exhaust manifolds had a leak on the passenger side, but everything else looked perfect.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I contacted my dealer about potentially dropping the tow packageā€¦.I also asked some pointed questions. He did not answer any of my questions however he gave a phone number for customer support at Ford for the Bronco. The rep at Ford indicated no changes could be made and I should get an email soon with a Vin number. Who knowsā€¦..what that means.

BL, 2.7, Leather, Lux, Tow Package, MICā€¦.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would toss the wife before compromising on the transmission - unless it is her vehicle.

In all seriousness though, compromise on a transmission is not usually about the wife. The manual is cool, and for those living near the trails or the rock crawling, that's great. But for most there is a compromise between cool factor and true usability in everyday life.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh, a 2.7 šŸ˜‚. If you have even the slightest regret not getting the 2.7 just get it. It's not something you can easily fix down the road and you will be stuck with it.

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thereā€™s plenty of conversations on the 2.3L vs. 2.7L online/these forums if you search. Some good arguments either way.

At the end of the day I will likely stick to my 2.7L decision for two reasons:
  1. I keep posting on this forum the importance of sticking to your initial order/build specs that YOU want and not giving in to POSSIBLY get your vehicle built a bit earlier. So I canā€™t be a hypocrite.
  2. I know at the end of the day Iā€™ll be happier to get the 2.7L and a bit more power/largest option I could get.
I think by making this post Iā€™ve confirmed that I will stick with a 2.7L. Who knowsā€¦ 2.3L could be a constraint part next week with people jumping shipā€¦

I am a firm believer that there will be many folks on here who kick themselves down the road because they removed an option or changed their options just to get it slightly earlier. Sure, maybe you think Iā€™m jealous of those who have received build weeks/VINā€™s, but thatā€™s not the case here - I want the vehicle that I WANT, not the one Ford is indirectly pushing some folks towards.
I agree. I thought about switching to a soft top and dealing with the hard top later, but I also have a 2.7l, tow package, Sasquatch, and itā€™s BL trim. Switching one thing is not going to make any difference. I asked my dealer if he has had any Bronco builds recently. Over the past three weeks, he has had zero. Also, he has 15 build with a soft top that have not been scheduled yet. I donā€™t think automatically switching to a soft top gets you your Bronco any earlier unless you donā€™t have anything else that is an commodity issue.

Staying strong now because I want what I want.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently made the top switch to soft. Else I have 2.7, High package, BL on order. July 18, 2020 reserved. The engine is my only no no. I am now without car. I sold my sons Kia Forte to the dealer for $3500 over payoff. He gets mine which is a year older, paid off, and has a few more bells. Tricky part is navigating one car, wife's job etc when school is back. Daughter can drive in October and she has a SPORT slated to build EOM. I am holding and managing one car till I get my Bronco. Having already waffled with soft top any rate it bothers me in zero way to switch.
Now this is dedication. I hope you get yours soon. I sold my 2019 Stang GT but I still have my 04 GT which I didn't buy as an everyday driver. Hope to get an email on the Bronco soon.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the Stick Shift. Teach spouse to drive one if necessary.

Sponsored

Almost or Maybe

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Insane! Wait a year then dont get what you want so you can, maybe, get it this year. Wow, does Ford have you figured out! Oh, but now you like the manual and smaller engine and non squatch...sure you do...hey whatever, whatever hope you're happy with "your" decision.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See... EXACTLY. Will I regret not getting the 2.7L? Will it be better in terms of resale? Is it a big difference in power? Is it that much of a difference in gas mileage? I made the change to 2.3L today... but not sure if I'll stick with it.
You know yourself if you "need" The 2.7. In my opinion, working in the car industry 10+ years, small displacement motors look good on paper, but they always disappoint.

They have to work harder which means they tire out earlier. The fuel economy is barely any better. When under load, like going up hill, the mpg will drop significantly more than larger displacement motors. While the power may seem fine by yourself, once you get the family in and load the car for a camping trip (or whatever) you will always feel the difference.

In my opinion I would wait for the 2.7.

... and the hard top.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a Bronco Badlands and Mach E ordered as well. I also reserved a Lightning, but I'll probably cancel that one.
My bet is that the Mach E arrives this year and the Bronco becomes a 2022 (I'm sticking with my build choices).
I hope you get yours soon !!

5280bronc0girl

Black Diamond
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. I thought about switching to a soft top and dealing with the hard top later, but I also have a 2.7l, tow package, Sasquatch, and itā€™s BL trim. Switching one thing is not going to make any difference. I asked my dealer if he has had any Bronco builds recently. Over the past three weeks, he has had zero. Also, he has 15 build with a soft top that have not been scheduled yet. I donā€™t think automatically switching to a soft top gets you your Bronco any earlier unless you donā€™t have anything else that is an commodity issue.

Staying strong now because I want what I want.
So I did it. I made the change. But I made a BIG change that I am worried about now.
1. Ordered the black diamond 2.7, mid package
I placed the order back in February.

i received an email from my dealer over the weekend asking if I wanted to switch to a soft top. And it started from there.
2. I changed the entire order from a Black Diamond to a Base, 2.3 Manual.

Originally I was thinking a black diamond 2.3 manual. But then if I got the manual, I would lose most of the option in the mid grade package. At that point, why pay an extra 10K?
So I changed it to a base. I was thinking my payments will be a lot cheaper to do black rhino bead locks with 35ā€™s and a lift.
I didnā€™t really think about the implications of having cloth seats. I am actually pretty broken up about that. I love the marine grade vinyl with the bronco emblem.

I guess I can always get custom seat covers with a bronco emblem pressed into it.
Worst case scenario, I keep it for a year or so then sale it and get another bronco build.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a Bronco Badlands and Mach E ordered as well. I also reserved a Lightning, but I'll probably cancel that one.
My bet is that the Mach E arrives this year and the Bronco becomes a 2022 (I'm sticking with my build choices).
I hope you get yours soon !!
I was planning on getting a Mach E in fourteen months when my 2019 Ranger lease was up, but used car prices are crazy right now, so I got out of my lease early with some money in my pocket. I was able to get into a Mach E my dealer had ordered without having to order one. I love my Infinite Blue Select MME. Now, I wait for my Bronco Badlands. We will be a house of horses soon enough. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. Oh, we also live on Clydesdale.
Sponsored