First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got one of these. $12 at the off road shop at the entrance to Silver Lake. Pick up a pool noodle at the dollar store and you’re good. I’d rather bolt that to a tow hook than use a suction cup flag.
Sponsored

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We go to the dunes a lot and usually anyone with a street vehicle hitting the dunes will just throw on the suction cup and flag just to be legal in the dunes. But I really like the aux switch idea for the lighted whip.
Quick question... have you used the suction cup mounting on the front / side of the Bronco? I see how this would work fine on the tailgate but the dune spot I plan to visit requires a front mounted flag. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Mountainguy

Mountainguy

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick question... have you used the suction cup mounting on the front / side of the Bronco? I see how this would work fine on the tailgate but the dune spot I plan to visit requires a front mounted flag. Thanks in advance!
I actually went to a metal fabricator and he’s making me a custom powder coated mount that will fit perfectly on the hood tie down.

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually went to a metal fabricator and he’s making me a custom powder coated mount that will fit perfectly on the hood tie down.
Great idea! Would like a pic when its done. Thanks

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey!! I happened to be perusing the official Bronco Equipment Installation Guide and, it appears that there is a mounting hole built-in. Under the corner mount sight handle. See attached page from guide. Look in lower right corner of picture for info.

Attachments

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a modular bumper, it’s pretty easy to fab up a mount with aluminum flat bar.

shoot that spot is taken for me...
Ford Bronco Sand / Dune flag mount 1637533700896

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey!! I happened to be perusing the official Bronco Equipment Installation Guide and, it appears that there is a mounting hole built-in. Under the corner mount sight handle. See attached page from guide. Look in lower right corner of picture for info.
Ford Bronco Sand / Dune flag mount 1637535131371

Yup.. was just about to post that... Appears to be on the modular bumper...

1637535084767.png

UniformMink11

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Ram, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After taking a look at my bronco, I think the best spots for a mount are either going to be on the lightbar accessory area or the front bumper. I have the modular bumper so it should be pretty easy to find a mount that fits the screws. I looked everywhere on the back and there's really no mounts on the outside. Just one on the back roll cage but that would mean the top would have to be off. I'll have pics of the locations.

front mount location.jpg

Back accessory.jpg

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never needed a dune flag until now, so I'm really not sure what the requirements might be. I saw this in Southern Utah last week and I like the placement. Aside from protecting the flag from banging on the hardtop, is this an acceptable location? I'd love for someone to fab these up and paint them body color.
Ford Bronco Sand / Dune flag mount IMG_1789

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Woah I wish I would of seen this a few weeks ago! I spent time fabbing something up last minute from lowes for parade duty, and I used the endcap bolts but never completely removed it! That's great glad I know this now, thanks for posting!

Ford Bronco Sand / Dune flag mount EF3C57B8-C3FC-451A-8C76-4639742BECA0
Sponsored