First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weird question, anyone go down a tire size on there sasquatch? Right now i use a better mpg car for work and the bronco for everything else. The broncos been having quality issues and the trade in isnt great, so im think of just driving it for work to get some use out of it. I average 17.5mpg right now, just curious if putting 33s on would bump my mpgs into the 20s.
Sponsored

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my 4-door nonSAS with 33" KO2s averages 17.1 over it's first 12,000 miles. 2.7

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Watching - I have this exact same question in my head as well. I hope going down to a 33ā€ 10.50 on a SAS would yield a couple MPG better.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thatā€™s unlikely, Iā€™m averaging 17~ish on 33ā€ tires by BFG. Theyā€™re the only tires in that size that have a lower load rating and I chose them to theoretically improve my mileage.

Nope. Didnā€™t seem to work. Plus, I keep it light on the gas in Eco mode pretty much all the time.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

18.6 mpg, 2900 miles. Getting better on stock build

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 4 door sasquatch stock tires/tune and a Gobi rack, 20mpg combined. It's all on how you drive it (and I keep it in normal all the time)

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious how the Sasquatch gear ratio and smaller tires would work together. Maybe a forscan recalibrate on tire size would help? not sure.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious how the Sasquatch gear ratio and smaller tires would work together. Maybe a forscan recalibrate on tire size would help? not sure.
My non SAS badlands is a manual with the 4.70 gears. With 285/75R17 Toyo OC3 gets 20-21 mpg highway (~70 mph), about 18 overall. The tire diameter is 33.9ā€, so only .6ā€ shorter than SAS tires.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My non SAS badlands is a manual with the 4.70 gears. With 285/75R17 Toyo OC3 gets 20-21 mpg highway (~70 mph), about 18 overall. The tire diameter is 33.9ā€, so only .6ā€ shorter than SAS tires.
Thats not too bad, if i ran some more street oriented tires and sized closer to 33 maybe i could average closer to 20 21 overall. If i do this ill keep my stock wheels and tires and probly just get some take offs.

Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands 2.7 non sas i average 18 sometimes I've seen 20. I only run either 92-93 octane.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure the OP is serious. Not a Prius. No one buys an off road vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick thinking about mileage. Range due to the small tank is another, but far different issue. Don't be fooled by what you read up in here, quality issues are few and far between. Trade in value of mine is more than 25% over what I paid for it according to KBB, which I consider to be far better than "not great", actually unheard of prior to the commodity issues we've had the past coupla years...

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am watching this thread also. I also have a commuter car for my 80 a mile a day round trip commute and rarely use my 2 door Basesquatch with 2.7. Although I average about 22.2 MPG in mine. That is still only about a half of what I get in my GTI- 40 MPG.

So, what I am wondering is if you change out the mud tires for a smoother tread- keep the same size. Will that improve MPG by one or two MPG? I don't go off road much and could use an all terrain versus a mud terrain for the light off roading I do. I will wear out the mud terrains first then will go to an all terrain......but it's going to be a few years averaging only 3500 miles a year on the Bronco.

And yes every MPG helps when on a very tight budget and saving for retirement in my case. And I refuse to drive a commuter in retirement. I'll work part time just for gas money to drive my basesquatch!

FotoBroncoDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about a tire & wheel "swap"? just have to adjust the wheel speed in forscan?

Big Bend
- factory wheel + tire = 58.25 lbs
- factory tire 32" dia, Bridgstone Dueler A/T 255/75R17 = 35 lbs
- factory aluminum wheel: 23.25 lbs
- wheel offset: 55 mm

vs

Sasquatch
- factory wheel + tire = 87.5 lbs
- factory tire 35", Goodyear Territory MT LT315/70R17 = 52 lbs
- factory wheel: 35.5 lbs
- wheel offset: 30 mm

*source:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-wheel-tire-weights-all-models.56475/

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure the OP is serious. Not a Prius. No one buys an off road vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick thinking about mileage. Range due to the small tank is another, but far different issue. Don't be fooled by what you read up in here, quality issues are few and far between. Trade in value of mine is more than 25% over what I paid for it according to KBB, which I consider to be far better than "not great", actually unheard of prior to the commodity issues we've had the past coupla years...
Well yours might be good, but mines been at the dealer 4 times and currently has been there for just under 3 months. The only offer ive been given so far is from the dealer and it was 4k under what i paid. Im going to shop around whenever i get it back, but im not selling it at a loss ive barely been able to drive it. My work pays mileage and travel, so long as i get around 22mpg i do fine. Id rather drive it a year and get some use out of it and have my work pay for it than just sell it at a loss and walk away.
Sponsored