Sponsored

Sasquatch & Optional Badlands wheels are not forged or are they?

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Initial information from Ford was that Sasquatch and optional Badlands wheels will be forged. However, the newer information for the wheels does not specify that. Also, these recent spec photos from the optional Badlands wheel and Sasquatch wheel indicate they are cast aluminum.

Does anyone have concrete information on this? To me, it seems Ford changed from forged to cast wheels due to the unprecedented number of Sasquatch orders. They went with cast wheels to be able to fulfill all the orders in a timely manner.

Optional Badlands wheel
Ford Bronco Sasquatch & Optional Badlands wheels are not forged or are they? 55868A26-446C-41F4-827E-3346A4F6A1E6

Ford Bronco Sasquatch & Optional Badlands wheels are not forged or are they? D849AF10-6873-40D6-903D-42FCC931555E

Sasquatch wheel
Ford Bronco Sasquatch & Optional Badlands wheels are not forged or are they? A1172923-B59C-4A54-A4B3-D27F9C2DE892
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez, that would really suck. I went with the standard Badlands wheels and the only thing that tempted me towards the optional wheels was that they were (supposed to be) forged. If I spent the extra $$ and then received cast wheels I would not be happy.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dicastal is a company. Its not a spec stamped on the wheel to indicate its cast.

I was tempted to go optional wheels on my badlands too but kept the base wheels. Too much money total for me after adding high package. I figured I get to choose my exact wheel style if I upgrade wheels later.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking about this very question as I try to decide between the standard and the optional BL wheels. I think everyone is hung up on the manufacturers name -Dicastal, because "cast" is in there. They are a huge OEM wheel supplier and they clearly say they can do all types of wheels-

"Citic Dicastal is the only manufacturer capable to provide all surface states of aluminum alloy wheels. The three molding process of casting, forging, casting and spinning has fully met the different and innovative demand of world's automotive manufacturers. " (From the website).

I've seen so many times where the Ford brand manager makes a point to clearly say that the wheels are forged on the BL option and Squatch, not to mention all the printed examples on website info and even in order summaries from Ford. I am pretty sure they are not going to back out of that.

OP
OP

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the clarification! This makes me really happy, I will change my spec to the optional wheel.

To me “dicastal” seemed to be short for die cast aluminum. Who would have thought? LOL
I too had heard the Bronco brand manager mentioning that the Badlands optional wheel was forged.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Casting is casting (casting into a mold) and forging is forging (forging from a solid piece of aluminum) no matter where it is done. That was my understanding.

...and flow forging is actually casting into a mold while the mold is spinning. Now this has a trick forge name in it, but it is actually still casting in the en. I hope these Bronco wheels are not made by this latter flow-forged method
Sponsored