Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry. How were you planning on getting them? Were they going to be shipped? Usually any purchase that large and valuable I would have to pick up in person. Like you said lesson learned and at the end of the day it's just things. Much more important things in life.
They were going to ship via Craters and Freighters. When they went radio silent last week my radar went off. Contacted the company and they have no job for that name or address. Police are on it now, may not fix it for me, but protect someone else from the same thing.
Sponsored

TJ OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 07 F150 SC 4x4, 70 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sucks. As soon as I get my Bronco I will be selling my SAS rims and tires. I'm an early morning 2nd day reservation holder that won't switch to a soft top so I am thinking spring time. If you are still in the market then I will sell them to you dirt cheap. Only problem is I am in NJ
Really nice of you to offer SevenT a deal on your upcoming SAS rims and tires. If he's not interested, I will drive up from NC for the right price. Hopefully I will get my OBX this fall.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When I buy or sell something that is not face to face I only do it using escrow.com, the small fee is worth the peace of mind.

I guess it would be dumb for me to say never transfer money to someone you do not know.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to square one looking at 17" beadlocks out of San Diego. If I can get those for $1,400 (shipped), just need tires and be back to the $3K expenditure area.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to square one looking at 17" beadlocks out of San Diego. If I can get those for $1,400 (shipped), just need tires and be back to the $3K expenditure area.
I'm sure you know but wanted to make sure you know the SAS wheels that come standard are not beadlocks but rather beadlock capable. You would need to get the beadlock rings from Ford to be a true beadlock.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To all in the buying and selling market for parts off of the new Bronco need to be diligent in your dealings with buyers and sellers. My trust in people just hit zero after my experience. I was scammed out of $3k for 5 takeoff 17" beadlocks and 35" tires. Was given the contact by a forum member out of Chicago. The seller was supposed to have Sasquatch takeoffs in southern Illinois. Wanted me to use Zelle for the money transfer. Should have known something was wrong there since there is no buyer protection like on PayPal. They went radio silent last week when I sent the last of the money and was waiting on tracking information. They are using a phone with a Maryland area code and a poor old ladies address in Carlyle, IL. Be diligent and don't lose money like me. Lesson learned. If I could find them, there would be a beating unseen in the world today.
Sorry this happened to you. Thanks for sharing your story as a reminder for others.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure you know but wanted to make sure you know the SAS wheels that come standard are not beadlocks but rather beadlock capable. You would need to get the beadlock rings from Ford to be a true beadlock.
Understood, had a line on the rings for under $200 each. Back to square one now. Got a lineon wheels out of San Diego.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would also go to the FBI wire fraud ;)
Thanks for the information. Complaint submitted through Internet Crimes Division of the FBI.
Sponsored