First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer called me about a week or so ago about confirming my order being rolled into a 23. I told them to hold off and I would call them back- I was considering changes or actually just walking away at this point as I have fallen out of love lately with what I ordered. Well got an email my order was confirmed...no call back from dealer and now I just got an email saying I am scheduled for production. I guess that screws me to make changes, right? Prob screws me out of my deposit if I walk as well? Any insight?

I know most would be elated, but due to some issues- it is just no longer good timing.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is a VIN, then it is in.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They cannot make you pay a dime more unless you take delivery.

And you can take them to the court of public opinion if they do not refund your deposit, especially the $100 reservation deposit if you had one from reveal.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a VIN... didn't want it in...not even the tip. UGH.
Your deposit should be returned if you dont take the order. But might I suggest getting the Bronco and reselling. It's either you or the dealer making $10k...

Sponsored
OP
OP

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your deposit should be returned if you dont take the order. But might I suggest getting the Bronco and reselling. It's either you or the dealer making $10k...
Couldn't get these fukkers to agree on a price before, doubt they will now...kept saying they will do MSRP, but won't put it in writing when I ask.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couldn't get these fukkers to agree on a price before, doubt they will now...kept saying they will do MSRP, but won't put it in writing when I ask.
Right there is your answer. Run do not walk away from this Dealership. Do everything you legally can do to get your deposit back. The Dealer should be happy....they can sell it with a fat markup.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or go in and OFFER to let them sell it for you. You'll take a flat fee of $5K and let them have the rest of the profit. Early on I heard dealers offering reservation holders $$'s to walk away and then sell the Bronco to someone for WAY more. It IS your reservation and you deserve a stake in it, despite the practices of some dealers.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

unless the agreement you signed with the dealer was for a "NON refundable deposit" then you should still get your deposit back.

OP
OP

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
unless the agreement you signed with the dealer was for a "NON refundable deposit" then you should still get your deposit back.
its the 100 from Ford that they took back when reservations started....email stated any order not converted by 21 Nov would be canceled and deposit refunded....its just little shit like this that has annoyed me and taken a lot of the fun out of this

Sponsored
OP
OP

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a follow up for those who may be interested. Tried hashing it out with the dealer to see if it was possible to make changes, but not possible at this point. I expressed that I was not pleased with them confirming my order when I asked them to wait. I was told "it is not my Bronco" and the order was placed on "my behalf", but that it is Bell Ford's order and I have to take it up with Ford if I want a refund...Ford told me the dealer has to refund the deposit. If I don't want it when it comes in, then it will be sold. Oh, they did offer to order me another one which I asked how since 23 order banks are closed and my price protection is then lost. He said he would have to call me back- that was Monday. I give up. At this point its not even worth it to fight to get my hundred dollars back.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you do take it and sell it how much do you really make after listing fees, taxes etc.? I think car prices are getting soft.
I ordered mine at Ciocca Ford in NJ, I put a 1k deposit on my CC but only walked out with the dealer build printout with nothing but their word that it was MSRP plus doc fees..no hidden mark-up. I have read on this forum that they are honest and sell at MSRP. if not, I will make their dealership lose money with my big mouth and social media presence.
Good luck and sorry to hear you can’t get the Bronco. They should be very willing to give your deposit back so the can sell and mark up.
Sponsored