Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

I have this BYOD rail and it's great! Looks sleek and the materials are top-notch. However, I've been struggling to find a phone mount for my iPhone 14 Max that can attach to it.

I've bought two mounts recommended/advertised to work with a Picatinny rail. The first works with a Picatinny, but is forward facing and has no swivel. Based on the forward-facing direction, I assume its original intention was for a gun sight. The other mount I bought did not come with the proper base and I'm unable to locate it separately online.

Because of all that, I'm in the market for a phone mount that can be attached to my Picatinny rail. I'm aware of this one, however, I'm not a fan of 3D printed plastic quality.

Are there any high-quality material mounts that can fit my phone and the BYOD rail that I have? Bonus points if it's magnetic!
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the AR BYOD smooth rail and bought 67D's magnetic mount and the phone mount. I bought both thinking my passenger can have one too. Works great for the smooth... just not sure how it would work with picatinny. I have a battery case for my iphone pro max. So the magnetic didn't work for me b/c it was so big and heavy. So I am using the phone holder that is really strong.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use a 67 Designs Carbon Fiber Arm (Medium - Matte Black) for 20 mm ball with a 67 Designs MagMount G3 Device Holder. I use the Archetype Racing 20 mm Mono Ball to mount the arm and holder to the rail. It is as clean as you will get your set-up and places the phone at a great spot for access and visibility while not obstructing your forward view.. The Magmount holder is extremely strong. My phone has never come off even off-roading on the Rubicon or speeding out in the desert. I have a spare set-up for passengers or to use with a gopro.

Ford Bronco Search for AR BYOD Rail Phone Mount IMG_6794

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use a 67 Designs Carbon Fiber Arm (Medium - Matte Black) for 20 mm ball with a 67 Designs MagMount G3 Device Holder. I use the Archetype Racing 20 mm Mono Ball to mount the arm and holder to the rail. It is as clean as you will get your set-up and places the phone at a great spot for access and visibility while not obstructing your forward view.. The Magmount holder is extremely strong. My phone has never come off even off-roading on the Rubicon or speeding out in the desert. I have a spare set-up for passengers or to use with a gopro.

Ford Bronco Search for AR BYOD Rail Phone Mount IMG_6794
Thanks for the info! I’ll check it out. Although, I now wonder if something like this exists without the arm piece? Ideally for me, the phone will be mounted as close to the windshield as possible for recording video.

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info! I’ll check it out. Although, I now wonder if something like this exists without the arm piece? Ideally for me, the phone will be mounted as close to the windshield as possible for recording video.
I’ll take a couple photos and try to upload them today, but 67designs has short arms as well. I have the 14 pro max and as far as USABILITY on the road you’ll want an arm to hold the phone away from the dash. You can then loosen the nuts and swing everything over to put your phone in landscape mode for videos and such. Would highly recommend. I picked up the MagSafe charger and 99% of the time have no issues driving with the phone staying in place on the road, and picked up the G3 mag mount for off-road shenanigans

Sponsored

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try Ram Mounts, they a huge range of mounting solutions. I use a 1" ball and arm for a tablet using the AR SLAP / BPM mount

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll take a couple photos and try to upload them today, but 67designs has short arms as well. I have the 14 pro max and as far as USABILITY on the road you’ll want an arm to hold the phone away from the dash. You can then loosen the nuts and swing everything over to put your phone in landscape mode for videos and such. Would highly recommend. I picked up the MagSafe charger and 99% of the time have no issues driving with the phone staying in place on the road, and picked up the G3 mag mount for off-road shenanigans
This is a good point. Thanks!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try Ram Mounts, they a huge range of mounting solutions. I use a 1" ball and arm for a tablet using the AR SLAP / BPM mount
Ram mounts work great and my phone is close enough to the window where video recording works great.
Sponsored