1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My friends and I spend weeks in Utah and Nevada each year camping and working a Topaz claim. This year I offered to drive because my friend just sold his Toyota Tundra we have been taking the past few years.

After about two weeks on dirt roads I noticed the seat belt was getting stuck in the door when I closed it. I worked through it while I was out there but now that I am back my wife is concerned because the passenger seat belt is also not retracting. I see some others have had this issue but I didn’t expect to have this happen with with less than 15K miles on it:

Ford Bronco Seat belt and soft top concerns after 1st trip to Utah IMG-0564

I noticed a tear in the soft top before I left on the trip (less than 12K miles), has anyone else had this issue?
Ford Bronco Seat belt and soft top concerns after 1st trip to Utah IMG-0568

Also curious if these soft top corners are normal? This has been happening on both sides for as long as I can recall.
Ford Bronco Seat belt and soft top concerns after 1st trip to Utah IMG-0570

Additional Background:
  • Ordered my Bronco in January 2022 and received it in May 2022.
  • This was my first new car and my first time buying a Ford.
  • This forum has been the best resource out there for educating first time buyers, thank you!
  • My wife and I love, love our Bronco!!!!! We put 6K miles in the first 6 weeks of owning it, now it has nearly 15K miles on it.
  • We get more attention than I like but I should have thought about that before getting a white Bronco with a “Not OJs” license plate…

Ford Bronco Seat belt and soft top concerns after 1st trip to Utah IMG-0389

Travis
Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m pretty sure the tear is being caused when you flip the top back to the first position there is a plastic protective plate that is meant to keep your fingers for getting pinched (look for a yellow warning sign). Unfortunately the top doesn’t fold back correctly and hits that plastic and cuts into the top. Ford replaced mine under warranty, however the new top hit the same spot, so I took off the protective plastic pieces

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clean the top part of the seat belt and belt itself with some rubbing alcohol. Look for a build up of junk on the upper part on the back side if still slow to retract. I just fixed mine by doing that and a huge chunk of crap fell off the top part when pulling the belt out all the way.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a TSB for the top wear points. I took mine in last week to have it checked out and my dealer ordered new parts/repair pieces. They also ordered me a new passenger side rear window because the bottom rear kicks out like you showed in picture 3.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't had a seatbelt retractor fail in that way, but within the first week of delivery the front passenger seatbelt locked all the way 'in'. Replaced under warranty and fine for a couple months, lately has taken to not 'clicking' unless you push the pieces allllllll the way together. I don't have time to send this thing back for new belts every few months.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't had a seatbelt retractor fail in that way, but within the first week of delivery the front passenger seatbelt locked all the way 'in'. Replaced under warranty and fine for a couple months, lately has taken to not 'clicking' unless you push the pieces allllllll the way together. I don't have time to send this thing back for new belts every few months.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can assist with your seatbelt concern on my end.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m pretty sure the tear is being caused when you flip the top back to the first position there is a plastic protective plate that is meant to keep your fingers for getting pinched (look for a yellow warning sign). Unfortunately the top doesn’t fold back correctly and hits that plastic and cuts into the top. Ford replaced mine under warranty, however the new top hit the same spot, so I took off the protective plastic pieces
How did you go about doing this, taking the plastic protective plate off? One of mine cracked. Did you just break them off?

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You drill the rivets out. Then they come off. I saved mine in case I need them later.
Sponsored