NJOffroad55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have an option to get a 24 at a good price but has MGV seats. Originally was looking at leather, but the more I research the more people seem to recommend the MGV.

Wanted to see what some people thought about their experience with the MGV / leather.
Thanks
Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the MGV. My rig is 2 years old with 15K miles and the seats look like new.
I’m a big fan of leather, but it’s nice that I don’t have to worry about these seats like I would leather.
They do get hot in the summer though. Black leather would also, but probably not as much.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MGV felt a little thin at first and I was worried about wear and such, but they've held up just fine. They don"t get hot during roadtrips, and they warm up quick during the cold winters. I would buy them again if I were ordering another Bronco.

Ive had leather in the past, and my wife car has leather now, it just too much upkeep, and they get wear marks regardless of how well and careful you are with them. Leather is also less breathable somehow than the MGV. The smell of leather is nice, but thats about the only preference I can think of.

You wont regret the MGV, Its not a noticable difference really.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have leather, but I've looked at and sat on MGV. They're totally fine. It's most definitely not the old vinyl seats I grew up with.

OP
OP

NJOffroad55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks. Yea I sat in them thought they were leather, very comfortable. The manual seats may need some getting used to. Looking at a 24 raptor at a nice discount but has these seats.

Sponsored

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Remember if you go with the leather you get the power adjustment and carpeted floor. MGV brings wash out flooring.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love my MVG. They do get toasty in the summer and your butt and back will be sweaty after a drive, but they are super comfortable and easy to clean the mud off of when you forget the windows are down……

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted for the leather in my Badlands. Not because of the material, but for the additional seat adjustments. Leather is more maintenance. My buddy has MGV and I like the material - only the seats don't adjust as mine do.

My only 2 cents - how long will you keep the Bronco?
MGV is good if you are a drive it hard and hose it down person.
If you are more of an over lander or daily driver, seat comfort may be a bigger concern. Whatever your backside dictates, go with it.

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another +1 for MGV. I’ve not owned mine for very long but they do feel very durable and are super easy to clean. I actually wanted manual adjustments for the seat so that worked out for me.

OP
OP

NJOffroad55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Remember if you go with the leather you get the power adjustment and carpeted floor. MGV brings wash out flooring.
Thanks. I think if they were the same price probably would lean leather, however I found a 24 that is significantly under msrp and has the MGV. With the other specs etc, unsure the leather is worth the extra amount.

Have read a lot of good things on the MGV, I also wonder if the rubber flooring would be louder than carpet in the cabin?

Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got about 18k miles on my Bad-Squatch Lux-MGV. I can say the seats are some of the most comfortable I've been in. Over the past 20+ years, I have only had leather in my vehicles and it was a hard decision to go with the MGV, but I'm glad I did. The loss of power adjustment isn't missed anymore. It's fast, simple, and reliable. I love not worrying about stains, dirt, etc. Eat and drink to your hearts desire and just wipe up and move on.

The one item I will agree with is that they do get hot in the sun. I also notice a bit more swamp a$$ and sweaty back, but it's not to the degree where I believe leather would be significantly better.

Either way, good luck and enjoy your new ride regardless of your MGV/Leather choice.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have an option to get a 24 at a good price but has MGV seats. Originally was looking at leather, but the more I research the more people seem to recommend the MGV.

Wanted to see what some people thought about their experience with the MGV / leather.
Thanks
My MGV 2023 BD seats are great. Look as good as leather and are wipe clean maintenance. Only negative I’ve ever heard is they’re hot in warm sunny climates. Maybe not great for Florida or Arizona-but leather gets hot too. Cover them on hot days.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I think if they were the same price probably would lean leather, however I found a 24 that is significantly under msrp and has the MGV. With the other specs etc, unsure the leather is worth the extra amount.

Have read a lot of good things on the MGV, I also wonder if the rubber flooring would be louder than carpet in the cabin?
Go with the MGV.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You may be happy either way, but after sitting in both, I wanted the electric adjustments and set heaters with the leather. The leather seat sat different to me as well. I would recommend you actually sit in both before driving.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You may be happy either way, but after sitting in both, I wanted the electric adjustments and set heaters with the leather. The leather seat sat different to me as well. I would recommend you actually sit in both before driving.
You still get seat heaters with MGV.
Sponsored