First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any good? Do these products hold temp long when off for a few hours?
Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one and am happy with it. Can’t answer your question directly as I haven’t used it like a standard cooler. I keep it in the Bronco and plugged into the twelve volt plug all the time. Keep the small side set @ 18 degrees for frozen goods and big side @ 34 degrees. By the time we drive to the grocery store it has cooled to set temps. Super convenient. If I’m traveling and want to take frozen stuff I cool it down with 120 adapter first. Stop for lunch and things stay frozen and cold. On a cross country trip it comes into the hotel at night on a luggage cart with the other stuff. For less than the price of a decent size yeti cooler, I think it’s a good investment. Also much cheaper than the big name competitors.

The Bronco’s 12v plug keeps power for about 20 minutes after engine is turned off. The 120 a/c adaptor allows you to use it around the house too.

Ford Bronco SetPower fridge/freezer IMG_1962

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine works very well. Has a good amount of insulation but I use a small power pack for when the Bronco is off. It uses very little power to keep it cold.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the replies. I’m thinking might be a good daily device for work. Lunch and drinks vs a cooler. With power pack for overnight parking.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve gotten two sizes of Jackery power packs. They work well but if I were buying now I’d go with Ecoflow. I really like what they have for complete systems.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@MLRey, what size power pack do you recommend for just feeding the setpower overnight?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use a small ICECO 20 (20 qts) fridge/freezer when camping. It “draws” approximately 35 watts depending on the ambient temperature and how cold I keep it. So, 12 hours on a power bank requires around 420 watt-hours. I was using a Bluetti 730 which had around 550 watt-hours, which was fine as long as you are driving sufficiently to charge it everyday. I have since moved up to a power bank which has around 900 watt-hours of USEABLE power.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve gotten two sizes of Jackery power packs. They work well but if I were buying now I’d go with Ecoflow. I really like what they have for complete systems.
My first solar purchase was 2 EcoFlow 1300's for over-landing, and now my tiny house runs on a Delta Pro w/extra battery (as well as a Titan Boost w/2 batteries and a Hysolis 4500), and all 3 systems keep me "juiced" for whatever I throw at them, even when it's cloudy for a week!

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@MLRey, what size power pack do you recommend for just feeding the setpower overnight?
As RHeinz noted the fridge uses about 35-40 watt-hours of energy. So the size of the power pack is just a matter of how long you expect to run the fridge on the pack. I have 300 whr and 900 whr packs. The small one works when I just need to keep it running when stopped during the day. If I need to keep it powered all night I go with the the big one. There are lots of brands to buy now and you can even make your own if wanted. Check out this video if you feel like building your own.
Sponsored

Last edited: