Sponsored

Should I stay with Badlands Squatch or go the the Bronco Raptor?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would buy both and flip the Raptor.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thousands of us are still waiting with 2020 reservations for our first Bronco. While this guy who didnā€™t order until 2022 is asking which of his 2 orders, including a Raptor, he should choose. Wild.
Why are you saying I didnā€™t order until 2022? Not the case on the 2 dr, ordered over a year and a half ago. EVERYBODY ordered the Raptors this year.

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking back, I placed my order (reservation) with dealer in Oct 2020, got allocated to wrong dealer somehow, changed to correct dealer but didnā€™t get ā€œorderedā€ till Feb 2021. I know that some have ordered before me, allocation issues etc.

I am able to get 2 dr at sticker, Raptor 5 over.

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends...
1. is the raptor going to put a financial strain on you?
2. if you get a badlands, are you planning to upgrade? and how much in parts/labor are you planning on eventually spending? (for me, the eventual cost may catch up or exceed the price of a msrp raptor)
3. Most importantly do you plan to offroad? and if so, to what extent?

these are just questions to ask yourself... no need to post your answer on the forums.
Most likely only upgrade on 2 dr will be wheels to start. Off-roading will be rare, as there is no where within several hundred miles t really be able to let it stretch its legs. Raptor would just be toy/ trophy vehicle to have as a rarity, kind of like a show pony but not real rodeo horse. If I lived closer to western trails I would definitely let her run!

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the 2-Door Badlands with all the options on reserved then on order. My dealer said I could have one of his BRaptors for MSRP if he could have my Badlands. Thought about it for a week.

Absolutely love the look of the 2 door Badlands. The 4-door Raptor does not look as good. However I still went Raptor for several reasons. Its a much more capable off road machine, Stronger everything, more towing capacity. Way less of them around. If I decide I do not like it and want the 2 door Badlands, can order it again, wait a long time to get it and drive the Raptor till it come in, Raptor will sell quick.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s a good point. I hate the fenders on the Raptor, and it would make access for the grandkids easier.

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you can get both do it and sell raptor. if not i would opt bl.

imo the raptor in the f150 looks better and actually makes a little sense compared to the non-raptor platform for features and offroad. i'd also argue for the 20k+ difference you can build the bl out to be comparable if needed down the road, even a performance tune can make up some of the hp of 2.7 v 3.

read this and ask what are you really doing with it? you better be doing extreme offorad in open spaces or really want a show price/conversation starter.

2022 Ford Bronco Raptor vs. Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Deep Dive (fordauthority.com)
I agree on the looks. I bought a TRX after seeing what the wait for the Bronco was back in May 2021. Loved it, but never off road, same issues of nothing near by. Traded it for 3500 to pull new horse trailer. Most likely BL would end up daily driver, Raptor would sit most of the time.

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough call for you for me I have no interest in the Raptor even tho Iā€™ve lifted mine and put 37ā€™s on that I wouldnā€™t have had to if I were to get a raptor.
are you going to daily drive either? The Raptor gets worse fuel mileage and coming from one of the drivers I talked to(while he was in the Raptor) at a gas station the on road manners arenā€™t as nice as the non raptor. If itā€™s just a toy than that might not matter to you.
where I have been trail riding the increase width would not be welcome.
Good luck on your decision. I can say it might be easier to sell the Raptor if you donā€™t like it and get another Badlands as more if those have been built.
Thanks for the input!

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are you saying I didnā€™t order until 2022? Not the case on the 2 dr, ordered over a year and a half ago. EVERYBODY ordered the Raptors this year.
Because you were non-existent here until 7 months ago so I took a guess. Either way, having 2 Broncos in build status and one being a Raptor is crazy. You can get 2 and thousands upon thousands canā€™t even get their first one they reserved 2 years ago.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door it. With some mods you wonā€™t miss the raptor at all. But like said before, if you can swing it, get both and flip the raptor. For 10k-15k on top of the badland price you can make a way more fun truck. Coil overs, some 37ā€™s, intake, exhaust, jb4. Then some lights, odds and ends. Will have a very capable truck.

I finally got to get mine up the the property this weekend. Went through half a tank since I got here yesterday. I donā€™t have the 37ā€™s or coil overs yet, but what I have done is better than my old x3 fun wise. Couldnā€™t be happier with my build so far. Things amazing for northern Michigan.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If not for off-roading, get neither, then get the Ford Explorer that you really need and leave those Broncos for the wheelers. ;)

Badlands and a proper 2 Dr at that, is a great fit for all places and occasions. Itā€™s plenty big, very capable, and is right sized for what most anyone needs in all honesty. An off-roader ainā€˜t gonna work well as your family hauler no matter what the guys on here want and try to fit this square peg into a round hole.

Since youā€™re in Iowa, there are areas likely not too far from you where you could open up both. If you wheel, then the big question is does the Raptor create a burden (too wide, too loud, not enough skill to handle, etc)? if these arenā€˜t concerns, then Raptor is great. Raptor just doesnā€™t make much sense (besides for the ego) for the Eastern United States or Canada; itā€™s an open desert rig that wonā€™t fit on most trails without damaging the nature or the Raptor.

Here in Georgia, most F-150 Raptors are just an ego thing for losers with money who think it makes them look manly or cool; it doesnā€™t; they just look like the tools they are with a big, cool truck! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If not for off-roading, get neither, then get the Ford Explorer that you really need and leave those Broncos for the wheelers. ;)

Badlands and a proper 2 Dr at that, is a great fit for all places and occasions. Itā€™s plenty big, very capable, and is right sized for what most anyone needs in all honesty. An off-roader ainā€˜t gonna work well as your family hauler no matter what the guys on here want and try to fit this square peg into a round hole.

Since youā€™re in Iowa, there are areas likely not too far from you where you could open up both. If you wheel, then the big question is does the Raptor create a burden (too wide, too loud, not enough skill to handle, etc)? if these arenā€˜t concerns, then Raptor is great. Raptor just doesnā€™t make much sense (besides for the ego) for the Eastern United States or Canada; itā€™s an open desert rig that wonā€™t fit on most trails without damaging the nature or the Raptor.

Here in Georgia, most F-150 Raptors are just an ego thing for losers with money who think it makes them look manly or cool; it doesnā€™t; they just look like the tools they are with a big, cool truck! :ROFLMAO:
Most likely my daily driver and I will use through winters and deer hunting (yea Iā€™m one of those). Never know when I will need the capabilities, but would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. Short wheel base isnā€™t great for slick winter roads, spin around to easy, but every vehicle has pros and cons. If you look out the window and see the fence, yep Iā€™m still on it.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Seems the alternative to the Raptor would be the Wildtrak 3.0, not the Badlands

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went through a similar decision- but I had to convert my 2 door badlands to a Raptor order.

My heart is with the two door, but the Raptor tows my actual boat weight, and the extra doors are better for the dog, and the dash is better.

In the end I decided to go with the Raptor and hope the 2024 refresh gets me the towing, better dash and a few other things on the two door. And hey, what is an Oates?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely my daily driver and I will use through winters and deer hunting (yea Iā€™m one of those). Never know when I will need the capabilities, but would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. Short wheel base isnā€™t great for slick winter roads, spin around to easy, but every vehicle has pros and cons. If you look out the window and see the fence, yep Iā€™m still on it.
100 isnā€™t a short wheel base; check stats of older off-roaders. A Wrangler is quite a bit shorter in 2 Dr form and barely longer in 4 Dr.

Going hunting is wheeling; I hunt as well, so in Iowa, yes, you need some capability and clearance.

Decision is yours, but a Braptor is a totally different beast to maintain and keep happy for what is basically light duty.

In the end, either your ego or your higher brain in guiding your decision, but remember my previous post, as itā€™s true.
Sponsored