Sponsored

To the gearheads/Ford Nerds, does the new Bronco share anything with the OG Raptor or Ecoboost raptors?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was bored and searching local dealers for used raptors. (yes they're all severely overpriced). I'm partial to the big boy OG with the 6.2. I was curious though looking and thinking about the OG and its suspension/4wd options, is there anything shared across the board with either raptors and the new bronco?
I know the bronco is based on the ranger platform, but that doesn't mean there might be a couple "ingredients" borrowed from the raptor. Just curious.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had both a 2011 (6.2) and a 2018 Raptor. There may be very minor parts shared such as fasteners and such. The 2.7L must share some parts with the standard F150.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously there are components Ford will share across vehicle lines to reduce their overall cost, but nothing substantial from the F-150 Raptor is shared with the Bronco other than some of the technology that is shared across most Ford vehicles. About the closest thing is the transmission... which are different transmissions but from the same general transmission family.

I suppose Ford might share some components between the F-150 Raptor and the Bronco Raptor. I don't think it'll be anything significant. That said, we don't have a whole lot of details on the Bronco Raptor yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: