Sponsored

Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics)

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's funny how people have different preferences on the color. I was worried because it looked very light on the website but I was pleasantly surprised that it almost exactly matches the roof and door trim on the sides. (I almost went with the black wheels because I wanted it to be on the darker side. )

I would like to see it next to the titanium color from the Method site to see if there is any difference. I can't imagine those are darker than these (and wonder if they're actually the same color and it's just marketing for this specific wheel set for the Ford site).
Thanks for your O.P. And this post. I am in agreement that I am pleased they are darker than they appear on the marketing site. This gives me pause as I think I like it more than I anticipated.
Btw, photos were great and I appreciate how they showed the wheel color in context.

thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SumBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your O.P. And this post. I am in agreement that I am pleased they are darker than they appear on the marketing site. This gives me pause as I think I like it more than I anticipated.
Btw, photos were great and I appreciate how they showed the wheel color in context.

thanks!
Thanks! Happy with them so far!

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands Non-Sas with OBX flares, no lift. Installed the 17" RTR Tech 6 (+30) in Satin Charcoal with BF Goodrich 315/70R17 KO2 (the Ford OE version in C2 loading). Bought the tires and had them installed at Discount Tire.

I painted my own Bronco logo on the center caps. I removed the metal RTR sticker, and used a bronco sticker as a stencil. Very happy with how it turned out. No offense to the RTR folks. =)

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) DSC02033

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) DSC02002

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) DSC02000

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) DSC01988

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Badlands Non-Sas with OBX flares, no lift. Installed the 17" RTR Tech 6 (+30) in Satin Charcoal with BF Goodrich 315/70R17 KO2 (the Ford OE version in C2 loading). Bought the tires and had them installed at Discount Tire.

I painted my own Bronco logo on the center caps. I removed the metal RTR sticker, and used a bronco sticker as a stencil. Very happy with how it turned out. No offense to the RTR folks. =)

Great looking set up! Love the logo detail! Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

Sponsored

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

No offense taken! We love seeing people add their own touches to their vehicles.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m happy with these rough country 87 series wheels. I wasn’t sure what they would look like since I’ve never seen on a bronco in my searches. I like the added poke of zero offset on the SAS flairs. Kinda like the cactus grey, these copper bronze wheels look different in different angles and sun light.

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) IMG_1029

Last edited:

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

well played, everything goes well together. love the blue letters up front

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

STAGE ONE: STOCK
True Story, a "peace officer" gave me an hour to come back with "Your Fully installed and recognizable front License plate that enables you to legally navigate the roads of our fine state..." Yes I can (and will ) move the license plate.
if it bothers you... please
Look away.

We are daily driving. Upgrade a little here, tweak a little there. Blessed that our daily drives for work regularly end up somewhere on a mountain pass or remote area of the Rocky Mountains. The catch is, we are 61,000 Miles into the 6G life and have three different toll passes to get to our sloppy work sites, so we cant really lift or risk hard core Rock Crawl. But we do get into some serious s#!t, and quickly determined our most important first upgrade need were the tires

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) General 6G-2

2021 - Landmand Golf Club Remote Construction and Film Site - Homer Nebraska
Stock Tires and Wheels - It was fine. It really was...

Our Office

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) Minturn 6G-2 (1)

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) General 6G-4

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) Minturn 6G-B.j

This was all Stock with Grabbers - It was sexy

STAGE TWO: FALKENs: .

The OEM stuff was fine. Really.

But was it though?
No. In all seriousness, we needed better shoes for the places were going for work.

And of course, we all know, other than steelies, most stock wheels are "on the clock..."
BELOW: Falken Wildpeak AT-3's - 285/70/r17 's on the OEM Aluminum

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) 6G Day v4

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) Shrine Pass Errand

This Scruffy picture above never happened... because we "may" have taken a 2-hour detour over Shrine Pass on the way back down the hill to Denver from a film shoot. This is what happens. Running an errand on the way "down the hill..."
You can't tell anybody, because you never saw this.

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) 6g Corn Stand

Everything was fine... AT3's on OEM Aluminum

3 Third: ... Everything was fine Until @RTR Vehicles offered the early Black Friday code to us here at Bronco6g.
"CLICK"
"GO TO CART"
Ship to address...

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) RTR 6g 1

RTR Tech 6 - 17 X 9 - Offset 30 wheels
Falken Wildpeak AT3 285 70r 17

We are now in RTR Tech 6 Heaven.
Damn, that is one very sweet and logically equipped daily driving combo for us. This is our optimal size as we are 61K miles into the 6G lifestyle so 35's are a bit overkill for us to "get to the office".
The 4:4:6 Ratio is magic and we regularly squeeze 19-23MPG out of our ride.
(18-20mpg is more regular than 23mpg, but you know this)
Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) RTR 6g Front Closeu

Blessed with the need to navigate legitimate off road, mining, abandoned rail, slop, snow, mud and some mild rock groveling, but nothing above a 4 or soft 5.
Anything harder means it is too expensive to be a film location for us and snapped steering tie rods are not on the production schedule.

Damn... Those RTR's make for a tasty stance on the 285's.

Below shows the Non-Sas Fender Flare Poke of the Tech 6 - 17 x 9 - Offset 30 wheels with the 285 70 17's. This is for those bound to ask about POKE the same way I searched for that info.
Just put them on so don't know how bad the rock throw will be but we share a milder version of the philosophy of the much respected @popo_patty, and one of our Black Diamond heroes, @Mean Green Bronc Machine "Its a Bronco, Drive it"

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) RTR 6g Poke

Thank you Jim at RTR for dealing with both my travel shipping arrangements and the post shipping issue! I cannot give RTR a high enough rating.

And thanks Bronco6g Community. This has been a tremendous must visit stop for almost 4 years now. It is ground zero for 6G truth.

Some new mountain pix next week.

Black Diamond A51 - Non-Sas
No Lift - Stock Height
RTR Tech 6 - 17 X 9 - Offset = 30
Falken Wildpeak 285/70/r17
Crash bars in - No Rub (yet)

OEM Non-Sas Fender Flares

EDIT: Much Love and credit to @SumBronco @GoodThunder for their fantastic pix showing the joys of Slate Gray and the OP : @Broncola
This thread turned out well

Last edited:

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1: First. Yes I can (and will ) move the license plate.
True Story, a "peace officer" gave me an hour to come back with "Your Fully installed and recognizable front License plate that enables you to legally navigate the roads of our fine state..." So... if it bothers you...
Look away. :oops:

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) RTR 6g Poke

Landmand Golf Club Construction and Film Site - Homer Nebraska
It was fine. It really was...

This was all Stock with Grabbers - It was sexy
But we all know, most stock rims are on the clock...

2: Second. We are daily driving. Upgrade a little here, add a little there.
Blessed that our daily drives for work regularly end up somewhere on a mountain pass or remote area of the Rocky Mountains.

BELOW: Falken Wildpeak 285/70/r17 's on the OEM Aluminum

View attachment 591797

This Scruffy picture above never happened...
because we "may" have taken a 2-hour detour over Shrine Pass on the way back down the hill to Denver from a film shoot.
You can't tell anybody, because you never saw this.

Everything was fine... AT3's on OEM Aluminum

3 Third: ... Everything was fine Until @RTR Vehicles offered the early Black Friday code to us here at Bronco6g.
"CLICK"
"GO TO CART"
Ship to address...

RTR Tech 6 - Nine Inch - Offset 30 wheels
Falken Wildpeak AT3 285 70r 17

We are now in RTR Tech 6 Heaven.
Damn, that is one very sweet and logically equipped daily driving combo for us. This is our optimal size as we 61K miles into the 6G lifestyle so 35's are a bit overkill for us. The 4:4:6 Ratio is magic and we regularly squeeze 19-23MPG out of our ride.
(18-20mpg is more regular than 23mpg, but you know this)

Blessed with the need to navigate legitimate off road, mining, abandoned rail, slop, snow, mud and some mild rock groveling, but nothing above a 4 or soft 5.
Anything harder means it is too expensive to be a film location for us.
Those RTR's make for a tasty stance on the 285's.

Below shows the Non-Sas Fender Flare Poke of the Tech 6 - Nine Inch - Offset 30 wheels with the 285 70 17's. This is for those bound to ask about POKE the same way I searched for that info.
Just put them on so don't know how bad the rock throw will be but we share a milder version of the philosophy of the much respected @popo_patty, and one of our Black Diamond heroes, @Mean Green Bronc Machine "Its a Bronco, Drive it"

Thank you Jim at RTR for dealing with both my travel shipping arrangements and the post shipping issue! I cannot give RTR a high enough rating.

And thanks Bronco6g Community. This has been a tremendous must visit stop for almost 4 years now. It is ground zero for 6G truth.

Some new mountain pix next week.

Black Diamond A51 - Non-Sas
No Lift - Stock Height
RTR Tech 6 9" Offset = 30
Falken Wildpeak 285/70/r17
Crash bars in - No Rub (yet)

OEM Non-Sas Fender Flares
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Keep it up!

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thx. We may crawl over baby rocks but make it up by getting into a wide variety of nasty!

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 Badlands SAS

37” BFG All Terrains
Method 315’s w/ 0 Offset
Eibach Coilovers and changed out the front springs from 450lb to 550lb
ICON UCA’s

@Triathlonfun what was the reason for going up a size on the front springs? I have the adjustable Eibach coilovers in hand, haven’t installed yet. Wondering if sag from my winch is going to use up all the adjustment just to get back to OEM height when I install

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Triathlonfun what was the reason for going up a size on the front springs? I have the adjustable Eibach coilovers in hand, haven’t installed yet. Wondering if sag from my winch is going to use up all the adjustment just to get back to OEM height when I install
I had read others had some sag in the front when they added weight like a winch. The Badlands is also the heaviest of all trims. I plan to do a winch as well. I’ve been really happy with it.

These were my my before and after measurements.

Ford Bronco Show us your installed wheel / tire upgrades here! (Pics) IMG_3224
Sponsored