First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Intermittent issue with blind spot and cross traffic. Narrowed it down to a loose wire on the back of the mirror. Its the wire going into the connector. Tried pushing it in further but still have the issue. Probably need to change the connector. Can anyone tell me (1) the part number(s) for the connectors behind the side view mirrors, (2) where to find the wiring connectors and (3) how difficult it is to change them? Looked for quite a while, here and elsewhere and the closest I came was electrical connectors for computers and such.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Might be time to upgrade your mirrors. I bought @Suma Performance mirrors, they came with wire connectors. I get much better vision with the high performance mirrors, because they have anti glare coating and a convex shape that enlarges the field of view, I would recommend them highly!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately they aren't available. Can't get a harness either, only way is with the full mirror/housing assembly.

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The full mirror/housing assembly is about $1500 for one.

OP
OP

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can the connection be made without the connector? I.e., by splicing the wires together?

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m curious how old you Bronco is and isnā€™t it still under warranty? Or are you over the 36,000 miles? I didnā€™t see any other information that you replaced the side mirrors already or did some aftermarket mod to them.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the connection be made without the connector? I.e., by splicing the wires together?

Thanks for everyone's responses.
I've done a couple rigging jobs on the mirror side as a last ditch effort to avoid replacement. The contact on the mirror terminals is basically an external tab on the harness end that lays against the mirror prongs. I've been able to modify the connector side and made new tabs with a piece of wire stripped down to a couple individual copper strands.

One option is to find some 28-30ga female terminals that will fit snugly on the mirror studs, attach a length of wire to the terminals, push them on the glass plug, fill the connector with silicone caulk and let dry. You'll have to splice the pigtails to the old wires but it's better than dropping a G note on the whole assembly.

I had "a guy" at Ford in the harness/terminal division and discussed this at length. He said the chi-com supplier did the whole assembly including internal harness which was all proprietary. Last conversation with him he was going to try and get some warranty return mirror assemblies and send me the harnesses for spare parts. My most recent email came back as a bad address which means he was probably one of the casualties of Ford's white collar employee reductions.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've done a couple rigging jobs on the mirror side as a last ditch effort to avoid replacement. The contact on the mirror terminals is basically an external tab on the harness end that lays against the mirror prongs. I've been able to modify the connector side and made new tabs with a piece of wire stripped down to a couple individual copper strands.

One option is to find some 28-30ga female terminals that will fit snugly on the mirror studs, attach a length of wire to the terminals, push them on the glass plug, fill the connector with silicone caulk and let dry. You'll have to splice the pigtails to the old wires but it's better than dropping a G note on the whole assembly.

I had "a guy" at Ford in the harness/terminal division and discussed this at length. He said the chi-com supplier did the whole assembly including internal harness which was all proprietary. Last conversation with him he was going to try and get some warranty return mirror assemblies and send me the harnesses for spare parts. My most recent email came back as a bad address which means he was probably one of the casualties of Ford's white collar employee reductions.
There's a few one terminal connectors in the pigtail book that may work, hard to say without having them on hand and trying them though.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's been a while since I had my mirrors apart, but does the connector look like any of these?

Ford Bronco side mirror wire connectors 1700060969440

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hard to capture but this is the connector on the driver's side mirror.
Ford Bronco side mirror wire connectors 1000002714

Sponsored
OP
OP

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what the connector looks like:

Ford Bronco side mirror wire connectors 1700062047732

The green wire is obviously the issue. Although you cannot see it, the purple wire has some metal connection in the slot at the front and the green one appears to no longer have it. That connection is what (I think) connects to the other connector.

No aftermarket changes. Took the mirror off (with help from this forum (thank you)) to troubleshoot and found the wire loose enough to be able to pull it out, hence the original intermittent issue. If I could get that connector, I could probably fix it myself. It doesn't stop me from driving the car, but frankly, every time I get the two error messages, it makes my blood boil just a bit more.

As for warranty, this is a 2023 with about 3300 hundred miles. I took delivery in August and was out of commission for about 6 weeks with no connected services which was finally diagnosed as a broken modem that needed replacement.

I have not had any luck getting a service appointment. Tried at local dealership and had an appointment for this past Monday. Brought it in after making the on line appointment and was told, those appointments are only for inspections and oil changes. Was given a number to call to make an appointment for this (and several other issues) and crickets from the dealer since then.

I'll say what I said in another thread. FORD sucks ( at least my build quality) and their service is even worse.

Thanks for everyone's help.

OP
OP

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard to capture but this is the connector on the driver's side mirror.
yup. My photo above is the harness (?) wire connector that slides into the receptacle pictured above. If I could get that little $.50 piece, I think I could fix it myself.

OP
OP

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's been a while since I had my mirrors apart, but does the connector look like any of these?

I just found that page from a search after seeing your post and looked at all the 2 wire connectors (there's a lot) and none seems to be what I need. Am going to look at the connector tonight and see if I can find a part number. Are these connectors available to the public?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just found that page from a search after seeing your post and looked at all the 2 wire connectors (there's a lot) and none seems to be what I need. Am going to look at the connector tonight and see if I can find a part number. Are these connectors available to the public?
Oh for some reason I was thinking of the heated mirror connector, not the BLIS connector. I forgot that's totally different.

But yeah any connector you see can be ordered at your dealership.
I attached a PDF of the whole pigtail connector book. Like I mentioned, I can't remember what it looks like, but maybe you can match it up to something in here.

Attachments

OP
OP

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks. Does anyone know how if there is a reference manual or other document that I could look at for an exploded parts list? I don't see the connector but some look close and i might be looking at the wrong side.
Sponsored