Sponsored

What's the easiest way to get an upfitter switch wire to the driver side foot well?

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the iAG interior lights. I'd like "waste" an upfitter switch to turn them on/off as well have them come on when I open my door. I see the rubber sleeve in the firewall with the nipple that can be cut to put a wire into the passenger cabin. I was wondering if there might be another way with the factor installed wires. I can get from engine compartment to behind glove box, I think. Is it easy to fish a wire across to the driver side from there. I haven't tried yet, but thought someone may have already tried this.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup. There are a handful of wires pre-run that you can use. Most of them come out over by the glove box.

B1/B2 come out right by the switches and the glove box (they aren't hooked up to anything by default - so you have to connect them to a switch and then to your light)

Ford Bronco What's the easiest way to get an upfitter switch wire to the driver side foot well? 1708403183610

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty much a toss up on ease between using the grommet or fishing behind the center console to the glove box. I’ve done both many times. If you go across the console, I find it helpful to use a small fish tape. Start up high where you can see daylight

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used the grommet in the firewall up/behind the steering wheel(Convenient access to the Aux. Switch leads by the fuse box under the hood.) Note: These were pictures before I sliced the grommet so there is no wire rubbing against the firewall anymore.
Ford Bronco What's the easiest way to get an upfitter switch wire to the driver side foot well? DC93EEC4-C4D6-468F-A526-E861DB41D7E1
Ford Bronco What's the easiest way to get an upfitter switch wire to the driver side foot well? B4446478-26BA-4A7B-A90B-96B39283ADC7
Sponsored