North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Probably doesn’t help I have a GOBI rack too. Now I’m wondering once I add the RTT if it will just knock it out completely.
Ah, the truth comes out, any metal over or around the antenna will block the signal.

The RTT not so much since it is made out of non-conductive fabric. However, bed slats / boards and mattresses will not help as you add up the thickness, it will start to attenuate the signal.

What you need is an antenna relocation kit, move it to the top of the rear third brake light or something like that. Here is one for the Ford F-Series trucks and a couple for Jeeps.

Any way to relocate Sirius satellite puck?

JK wrangler Satellite Antenna Relocation Bracket

Maximus-3 JL SATELLITE ANTENNA RELOCATION BRACKET-jl-satellite-antenna-relocation-bracket

With the Jeep ones you still have to research extending the wiring (antenna coax, etc), you need an extension harnesses kit for that as you don't want to extend shielded wire unless you really know what your doing. Maybe Maximus has them available for the Jeep kits, you could call them or google and see if they or someone else will make them for the Bronco, seems likely.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished the fix as mentioned in the TSB and noticed a significant improvement. There’s no need to remove the top just remove the rear header trim panel to access the bolt holding the antenna cut the plastic tab with a razor knife and reinstall rotating the antenna 180deg from original orientation.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 door has the same issue. Are you all 4 door owners?

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door has the same issue. Are you all 4 door owners?
Yep 4 doors here. It’s been close to two months since performing the fix and maybe it’s a slight improvement but it’ll still annoyingly cut out until the middle roof panel is removed. With the panel out of the equation satellite radio might be actually enjoyable. Now if only the sound system could be heard over the wind noise. The good news is the wind does overpower the sound of children. So I got that going for me.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So…a bunch of them were simply installed backwards….

Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep 4 doors here. It’s been close to two months since performing the fix and maybe it’s a slight improvement but it’ll still annoyingly cut out until the middle roof panel is removed. With the panel out of the equation satellite radio might be actually enjoyable. Now if only the sound system could be heard over the wind noise. The good news is the wind does overpower the sound of children. So I got that going for me.
One of the first things I did was upgrade the sound system. Stinger base on rear door, amp, new speakers all the way around. Volume is not my issue. I've also had the rear top off since May. I just wish XM was reliable.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So…a bunch of them were simply installed backwards….
Not exactly. The fix puts them backwards from originally designed location. It’s Ford’s attempt to resolve the issue of a poor design. My guess is a true fix would require a complete relocation of the antenna or adding additional antennas.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not exactly. The fix puts them backwards from originally designed location. It’s Ford’s attempt to resolve the issue of a poor design. My guess is a true fix would require a complete relocation of the antenna or adding additional antennas.
My read was that you can tell if its properly oriented by looking at it from the top. Something about the edges lining up with the sheet metal covering the roll cage.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My read was that you can tell if its properly oriented by looking at it from the top. Something about the edges lining up with the sheet metal covering the roll cage.
The antenna sits indented in the sheet metal. So yes, if the antenna is properly aligned in the sheet metal and you are experiencing the issue you can rotate the antenna 180deg so it is no longer correctly aligned within the sheet metal. If it’s already installed backwards then I think in step 2, they tell you to stop as the fix will not pertain to you.

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I read that Ford PDF. Looks like mine is backwards too... posting pics for anyone who wants to see... or someone tell me if it's installed properly. But it looks "correct" to me, which according to the doc, is wrong.

2022 4 door

Ford Bronco SiriusXM Cutting Out BroncoAntenna1
Ford Bronco SiriusXM Cutting Out BroncoAntenna2

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2023 four door hard top has poor reception at times. Check the antenna position and it is installed "backwards", which is correct per the 2022 TSB.

Relocating antenna to the top of the rear brake light seems like a lot of work to run the coax if such a long coax extension was available.

Not sure where we could relocate it to though with a removeable hard top.
Sponsored