BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally saw the Bronco in-person for the first time about a week ago and until then I found these side-by-sides useful and fun. Until I was able to see one in-person, I rented a Wrangler, compared known dimensions against other vehicles I'm very familiar with (Wrangler, Toyota FJ, etc.), and I scaled silhouettes and created overlays to get a sense of relative height, ground clearance, wheelbase and shape.

Somewhat unrelated, but I've always prioritized lightweight and handling over everything, so the Bronco will be the first vehicle I've owned with a roof height over 58" and a curb weight well over 3000 lbs. In other words I've only ever owned smaller cars. This is part of the reason I had a hard time truly understanding its size and mass.

I've also never owned a vehicle with all wheel drive or considerable ground clearance. I'm very excited about the Bronco for these reasons. It will sit pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum from our little Mk7 GTI. I love how light (relatively) and toss-able the GTI is, it handles great, and it's plenty fast enough. I will always own a small-ish fun car as I thoroughly enjoy the sensations they provide, but to own a Bronco too is going to be a very fun contrast. My wife has a similar car history and she's 5'-3", so for her to be able to look down on those around her from a Sasquatch should be an exciting improvement. :)

We are buying a house in upstate New York and we took our GTI onto a logging road nearby a couple of weeks ago that is actually very well-maintained. We were doing alright until we got to a steep portion with deep ruts. We had to give up and turn around. That was just one more example of why we need something like the Bronco. We really want to explore the area. Not to mention it snows like crazy up there and the driveway is gravel with an average incline of about 10 degrees. There's no way we'll be able to make it from the road up to the house all winter with our little VW.

Reactions: Rpm

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PERSPECTIVE IN PHOTOGRAPHY IS EVERYTHING:

Ford Bronco Size / height of Bronco Wildtrak 4-door compared to Jeep Grand Cherokee 1620447923694

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally saw the Bronco in-person for the first time about a week ago and until then I found these side-by-sides useful and fun. Until I was able to see one in-person, I rented a Wrangler, compared known dimensions against other vehicles I'm very familiar with (Wrangler, Toyota FJ, etc.), and I scaled silhouettes and created overlays to get a sense of relative height, ground clearance, wheelbase and shape.

Somewhat unrelated, but I've always prioritized lightweight and handling over everything, so the Bronco will be the first vehicle I've owned with a roof height over 58" and a curb weight well over 3000 lbs. In other words I've only ever owned smaller cars. This is part of the reason I had a hard time truly understanding its size and mass.

I've also never owned a vehicle with all wheel drive or considerable ground clearance. I'm very excited about the Bronco for these reasons. It will sit pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum from our little Mk7 GTI. I love how light (relatively) and toss-able the GTI is, it handles great, and it's plenty fast enough. I will always own a small-ish fun car as I thoroughly enjoy the sensations they provide, but to own a Bronco too is going to be a very fun contrast. My wife has a similar car history and she's 5'-3", so for her to be able to look down on those around her from a Sasquatch should be an exciting improvement. :)

We are buying a house in upstate New York and we took our GTI onto a logging road nearby a couple of weeks ago that is actually very well-maintained. We were doing alright until we got to a steep portion with deep ruts. We had to give up and turn around. That was just one more example of why we need something like the Bronco. We really want to explore the area. Not to mention it snows like crazy up there and the driveway is gravel with an average incline of about 10 degrees. There's no way we'll be able to make it from the road up to the house all winter with our little VW.
Point of note the Bronco does not have all wheel drive and you will blow something up if you try to leave 4x4 engaged in the wrong conditions.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It blows my mind people have yet to figure this out.
This is my direwolf - forced perspective can be fun too. Dog is actually a typical 55lb size.
Ford Bronco Size / height of Bronco Wildtrak 4-door compared to Jeep Grand Cherokee 02AC7E21-2822-4546-9453-79AAF48FA3F5

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just pointing out the obvious, a unibody vehicle is not an off-road vehicle. What difference does it make how the Bronco, an off-road SUV, compares to a tall car based vehicle.
My wife in her GC Trailhawk wheels harder and more difficult trails than 98% of the future Bronco owners ever will. Ouray/Telluride, Moab, Arizona areas.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Point of note the Bronco does not have all wheel drive and you will blow something up if you try to leave 4x4 engaged in the wrong conditions.
I bet you're a blast at parties.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The greatest feature on bronco6g:

Ford Bronco Size / height of Bronco Wildtrak 4-door compared to Jeep Grand Cherokee TheIgnoreAnnoyingLittleTwerpsButton

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the Advanced 4 wheel drive models have 4 auto, which should behave similarly to other clutch based transfer case 'AWD' vehicles.

Bad Apple

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E43 MB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this is what we got. We couldn’t get into the powder coated yet so decided the plasti-dip in brass monkey and then the caliper paint in red.

Ford Bronco Size / height of Bronco Wildtrak 4-door compared to Jeep Grand Cherokee TheIgnoreAnnoyingLittleTwerpsButton

Thanks Ashley, though I was mostly hoping to learn ides about painting the trim rings (rather than calipers) and their bolts.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks Ashley, though I was mostly hoping to learn ides about painting the trim rings (rather than calipers) and their bolts.
I plan on trying that plasti-dip on my rings. Doesnt work out. I’ll take them to the powder coating guy in my town.

CA.BRONC

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice to see a Wildtrak without the Graphics package
Sponsored