Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did buy the Deepsleep Overland leveling mats, but I didn’t want to spend the money on their sleeping mattresses. I wasn’t sure what my next move was, but then yesterday, there I was at Aldi. They had this in their seasonal aisle for $29.99.
Ford Bronco Sleeping in your Bronco 3012CB8D-81B8-47F4-BDFC-B1E639E3D833
I figured it was worth it, and if it didn’t work in the Bronco, it would come in handy at home.
It’s not a perfect fit, but you can air down the second mattress:
Ford Bronco Sleeping in your Bronco AE334076-C81A-4C39-8CAE-AE0705BB2C06

I’m 6’1 and easily 250lbs, and it seems like I’d be plenty comfortable.
Ford Bronco Sleeping in your Bronco 09E53450-725E-4920-B3AF-8ECD54A33918
I like to sleep in a hammock, but I also like to have a Plan B. If it’s just me, I will use one mattress and have plenty of space for a tote, cooler and my backpack.
Ford Bronco Sleeping in your Bronco E2C5FBC2-1EF8-4B10-8135-610B5FE26DE1
Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Deepsleep Overland mattress. It was definitely pricey but works very well. You saved some money for sure.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you like Hammocks then check out Meraki hammocks… Bronco hammock that installs inside your bronco. Spent a few nights in mine and love it. Throw the top back for an open air experience or keep it closed for privacy and warmth. Works on two door and four door. Also have a tandem option.

E59CDDED-77A5-4069-A77F-C1910D0F78E4.jpeg

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you like Hammocks then check out Meraki hammocks… Bronco hammock that installs inside your bronco. Spent a few nights in mine and love it. Throw the top back for an open air experience or keep it closed for privacy and warmth. Works on two door and four door. Also have a tandem option.

Ford Bronco Sleeping in your Bronco E59CDDED-77A5-4069-A77F-C1910D0F78E4
You removed the rear roll cage pillars? I assumed they were structural. No?

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will say, the front seats SUCK to sleep in, or at least attempt to sleep in. Never again...

Sponsored

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems like a far simpler solution than building a complete sleeping deck (man, they dropped the ball on the cargo area). Thanks for the lead!

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my padded area is fine plus room for guns and equipment below,in the storage area that is were my slings,shackles and come along and real jack sits.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the deep sleep. Still need to figure out the crevace between the end of the back seat and the front seat. I am 6'1" and can sleep straight on without touching the rear door.

I am eventually going to do the goose gear rear seat delete but until then the current set up works

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made my own platform (from the ideas on this this board) and removed my 2 back seats in my 2 door. Then I got a tri-fold bed mattress (single size) and use that on the passenger side. It’s 4” thick off Amazon. I lay the front seat forward as much as possible. It’s actually really comfortable.

Ford Bronco Sleeping in your Bronco IMG_9463

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I too tried the front seat out one night in camp and they suck for sleeping, just not the right shape when reclined and they don't recline far enough back either. I checked out the Meraki hammock at the Bronco Safari in Moab, but it was a four door not their two door version.

Aldi's is great and I saw those air mattresses and was thinking about them, but I have two nice sleeping pads, maybe if I see them on clearance I'll reconsider.

I bought a cheap hammock on Prime day for only $11. The price was $30 -$40 depending on color, some were discounted to $20, but the baby blue ones were only $11 (now they are $14) and at that price I figured who cares about color if it works. The hammock has carabiners on both ends, I bought the medium size 105" long figuring it may fit better in the 2 door; if not I'll use it at the site.

It comes with two straps so I figure I may be able to set it up like the Meraki for a fraction of the price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X5G3BKZ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1
Sponsored