First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun 280z
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP and Who iZ do you think the top cover can support weight on top of it? Do you think it will bend if you do add weight? I saw it on a video and saw a gap between the roll out gate and top cover. Never seen it in person to evaluate.
Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP and Who iZ do you think the top cover can support weight on top of it? Do you think it will bend if you do add weight? I saw it on a video and saw a gap between the roll out gate and top cover. Never seen it in person to evaluate.
Yes, it is fairly stiff, but does have some give. If you needed more stiffness...could easily add some plywood or even simply use the top for a template, and cut to fit whatever material you want....makes me think- even metal or a resin product could easily replace the top cover the slider hides under.
I am going to run it as is (this summer camping), and see how the top cover holds up to my dog, gear, use, and abuse.

Last edited:

BDbronco13090

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question: What are the dimensions on your JCR tailgate table? I got the slide out tailgate with my bronco and am looking to add a tailgate table also but wasn’t sure if the added height of the slide out tailgate would allow the table to clear. I was planning on getting this one..

Canvcle Tailgate Table for Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023 Cargo Storage Rack Shelf Foldable Rear Door Offroad Outdoor Camping Desk Support 80lb (No Drilling Required) Aluminum Alloy https://a.co/d/30NXKaj

OP
OP

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does have some flex but I'm a big guy, sat on it, and don't have any concerns about it breaking. It does create a section apart from the bins where I store first aid, flat tool cases, and a few safety things so it feels supportive without crushing any of that.

OP
OP

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: What are the dimensions on your JCR tailgate table? I got the slide out tailgate with my bronco and am looking to add a tailgate table also but wasn’t sure if the added height of the slide out tailgate would allow the table to clear. I was planning on getting this one..

Canvcle Tailgate Table for Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023 Cargo Storage Rack Shelf Foldable Rear Door Offroad Outdoor Camping Desk Support 80lb (No Drilling Required) Aluminum Alloy https://a.co/d/30NXKaj
Don't think you'll have an issue. Not sure of dimensions but they sit above and should be fine to clear.

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok...give me a couple days to dry out... likely by Friday, we may see some sun and I will take a couple images .
Discovered the top piece has a soft and a hard side and it reverses easily.

Soft side up:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_182312-1b

Easy access to your gear + addition storage space still remains under the new floor:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_182405.2b

Before the install:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas 1678796556666

Still not completely level with rear seats down, but much easier to move gear:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_182851.4b
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_182803.5b
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas Inkedforum.20230313_182951.6b

Hard side up:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_183227.10b

you can still access and remove the the cute little oem jack:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_182453.3b

The goose fits above the slide-out no problemo:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_182920.7b

Still some room to sit on the slide -out with the soft top down (as long as you are able to sit up straight)...can even rest your shoulders on the softy and reach out for your pizza and beverage of choice:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_183059.8b
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_183005.9b

Parting shot-Hard side up again:
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas forum.20230313_183158.11b

Last edited:
First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun 280z
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those photos are great. Thank you for posting. It really shows everything you would want to know. Didn’t know the top was double sided. The addition storage in the back is a bonus.

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So awesome. Just ordered the JCT tailgate table and will order this next!

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered a month ago. Lots of drama on original order getting canceled from Ford accessories do to supply issues, then eventually getting local dealer to re-order for me. Unfortunately I'm missing all bolts which I'm now going through a 3rd order, hopefully this one comes complete.

All said I'm curious... I did receive the 2 rear brackets and I'm looking at the assembly instructions and wondering if the top holes of the brackets should threaded as the assembly schematics suggest the tailgate bolts screw down into? My brackets holes on the top are not threaded. Wondering if this is another error with received parts?

Anyone help confirm if the bracket holes should be threading for bolts to screw down the top tailget peice ? This would be step #11 on the assembly instructions.

Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate install - '21 BL Sas e9240cc7f6442ee958aaad4546fa61d1

Screenshot_20230402_113003_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I understand your concern. I remember it only needs to pick up the threads below the new bracket... so you should be fine. It does take more effort/longer that I expected to secure it, but it is quite solid when you are finished - keep wrenching.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine and another guy that installed in a 2 door the holes were not threaded and smaller than the bolt said to go in there, so we both just threaded the holes to mount the bolts through.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sheesh... Thanks guys for chiming in. Sounds like unless I want a work out and *hope it doesn't strip and "self-threads" by nature of strong arming these bolts, maybe buying a tap is worth a few bucks?

That said, when I hopefully get the bolts in my third order attempt, I can take them to the hardware store and test thread sizes. Until then, for those who had pre-tapped the brackets, any idea what size tap to purchase?

Thanks guys.

OP
OP

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheesh... Thanks guys for chiming in. Sounds like unless I want a work out and *hope it doesn't strip and "self-threads" by nature of strong arming these bolts, maybe buying a tap is worth a few bucks?

That said, when I hopefully get the bolts in my third order attempt, I can take them to the hardware store and test thread sizes. Until then, for those who had pre-tapped the brackets, any idea what size tap to purchase?

Thanks guys.
From memory it's not threaded, you use the existing threaded hole and tighten it in place.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I'll give it a look once I get the replacement order which hopefully has all the parts. Thanks
Sponsored