E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the slide out hold 125lbs extended?
If you are talking about the Ford slide,
Yes, I sit on mine with no issues. Its rated for 600lbs.

I used my Fordpass points to buy mine, its great. Kids love to sit on it. It allows me to stuff the back of the Bronco (coolers, gear) and be able to pull out the tailgate to sit or work on.
I have no regrets installing mine.
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use mine for a bunch of things:
1) It levels the rear floor - I know that eliminates on vehicle storage of doors - but with Raptor I lost that already due to extra roll cage bracing.
2) by leveling the rear floor it leaves a pocket underneath for storage of things like air hoses and all my wiring for my onboard air and (coming soon sub amp)
Ford Bronco Slide Out Tailgate Uses PXL_20231114_165233906 (1)

3) I use it to sit on when I don't want to set up my portable table at car shows:
Ford Bronco Slide Out Tailgate Uses PXL_20230819_204737678 (1)
Ford Bronco Slide Out Tailgate Uses PXL_20230819_204729919 (1)

4) I use it at the gun club in between rounds of trap during league shoots since there can be 40-60 minutes between rounds. Lay out my shotgun and range bag etc. while I chill in my popup chair.

And yes it is strong enough to sit/stand on. There's probably a good 2 inches of clearance under the "false floor" and towards the back seats the slide out doesn't fully extend inward so there's good area for extra storage. With the HDPE panel I added I can bolt things like an amp and relays/wiring right to it. I added a custom doormat from personalization mall to provide a layer between the bare metal and my "stuff" - just some velcro strips underneath.
Ford Bronco Slide Out Tailgate Uses PXL_20230702_152427893.MP
Ford Bronco Slide Out Tailgate Uses PXL_20230704_171905770

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Everglades comes with the roof rails. If you ever actually roof rack something you’ll love that slide out tailgate.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How tall/thick are they off the floor?

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an Everglades that comes with a slide out tailgate which I thought was a cool piece to get thrown in but now I'm thinking what am I really going to ever use it for. Kind of regretting not ordering the dual tops to get the soft top and get rid of the slide out tailgate.

What are practical uses that people have used the slide out tailgate for?

Does the slide out tailgate cover up the cargo area that normally would store the jack?
I thought about installing the slide out tailgate but the cost was prohibitive. Used my Ford points on the foldout table and it’s been so nice to have for surf fishing. If I want somewhere to sit I throw in a beach chair.

Long story short, the use case I thought I had wasn’t needed after all.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

For those that have the slide out tailgate, how much clearance does it have from the lowest point underneath (like a rear lip if there is one) to the top of the original deck?

I was thinking about getting the rear cargo safe fitting, but maybe seeing if they could make it with their combination lock instead of the key lock. Their combo locks stick up a bit (not sure how much until a contact them, but photos look like 3/4 inch or so), and I am wondering about clearance of the slider before bothering to contact the manufacturer.

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered an Everglades that comes with a slide out tailgate which I thought was a cool piece to get thrown in but now I'm thinking what am I really going to ever use it for. Kind of regretting not ordering the dual tops to get the soft top and get rid of the slide out tailgate.

What are practical uses that people have used the slide out tailgate for?

Does the slide out tailgate cover up the cargo area that normally would store the jack?
Hey I’ll trade ya a soft top for the slide out tailgate haha
Sponsored