Sponsored

Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been working on several small projects on the Bronco, this weekend I added the Zroadz front bumper light bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series driving lights.
The light bar was an easy bolt on to the modular bumper and the powder coat is a darn close match to the factory bumper. I was very pleased. I prefer the retro look of round lights on the Bronco so I went with the 6 inch KC HiLiGHTS. I did have to enlarge the holes on the light bar slightly to accommodate the larger mounting stud on KC's but it was a simple process. The lights are 100 watts combined which is under 8.5 amps and I connected them to the number 6 switch. The outfitter switches make life much easier and look so much better than a bunch of switches cobbled on to the dash somewhere.

Next are fogs for the pocket lights. I decided not to go with a roof light bar like I did in previous jeeps, the noise was something I could never completely get away from and I am looking for something a bit more subtle this time but still effective. The KC Spots are BRIGHT!

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. Driving Lights
Sponsored

Last edited:

8lug

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there really no comments here? You have a wonderful setup there! Looking awesome! Love the round lights.
I might have to borrow a couple ideas from you if you don't mind :)

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank You for your replies. I prefer a more subtle approach with this build. My factory flares got back from paint yesterday and I couldn't wait to install them. Looks much better than the flat black plastic in my opinion.

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220617_094541_resized

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220617_094552_resized

20220619_092441_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The lights and painted flares both look great. Pretty subtle upgrades but they make a huge impact on the look!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! the Rhino DSS Extreme side steps are a recent addition as well. I have a few things in process but I am liking the look for now.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oracle Triple LED Fog Light Addition was somewhat disappointing, several oportunites for improvement here for Oracle. I have attached my review to this note if anyone is interested in my initial impressions.

I just got these lights yesterday (6/25) and the box was opened within 10 minutes of appearing on my doorstep due to my excitement of waiting to complete this project. Packaging had taken a bit of a beating, (not the fault of Oracle) but no punctures or tears.
Pulling out the lights I was disappointed to find that both brackets had significant scratching in the paint on the brackets and the leading edges had all the paint missing and the metal was very rough and poorly finished like it had been cut with a bandsaw and not finished. (Pictures below)

I decided to go ahead with the install anyway because I want to use them on a small trip I have planned. I looked for the instructions just to make sure I didn't miss anything and no instructions were included. Not that this cannot be done without instructions but particularly for the wiring part, SOMETHING would have been helpful.

Fitment onto the modular bumper was very good and very easy. After routing the wires near the battery it was decision time. The kit makes no distinctions between models with pre installed switches and those without. As I did not want to use the supplied switch it took a bit of investigating and pulling the connector apart to understand what wires I needed to enable the use of the factory switches. Ultimately I cut the connector and harness off of the switch harness and used the blue wire to hook to the factory harness to be able to use the factory switches as intended. Two points here. A wiring diagram for the harness would have been really helpful and the harness should be designed with plugs for use with or without the factory switches. For a product that is Bronco specific, this should be incorporated into the harness.

After powering up the lights all was well and they look like they will be good as either a fog light or a daytime running light to get other drivers attention. Overall, good design of the lights themselves, needs improvement on manufacturing and Quality control for finish, needs instructions and a modular harness.

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220625_144319_resized

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220625_144310_resized

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220625_144302_resized

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220625_144258_resized

Ford Bronco Small Project Complete. Zroadz Light Bar and KC HiLiTES 100 series Slim Light Driving Lights, Painted Flares and Oracle Triple LED Fog Lights. 20220626_093920_resized

briri

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 2 Raptor, C8 HTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lights look great. I have the same bar and was wanting to do something similar. Can you show pics of which holes on the bar were used AND pics of camera view from inside. Does it block much of the camera view??? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here you go.
FYI, You will have to open up the slots to accommodate the stud diameter on the lights. (I used a step drill, worked fine.) Hope this helps!

20220702_112408_resized.jpg

20220702_113229_resized.jpg

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The front bumper lights are EXACTLY what I was thinking for my Bronco (short bar, KC lights, & Oracle fog lights)! So glad to see it executed so well on your bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: