Sponsored

New Triple Fog Light Pocket Option from KC HiLites!

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2014 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
KC HiLites newest release for the Bronco is the Flex Era Fog Pocket Kit, and it is available NOW! This is a complete kit that features a combination of on- and off-road lights for maximum functionality. The KC HiLites Fog Pocket Kit utilizes the factory pocket location in the modular steel bumper for a sleek, clean look.

Ford Bronco New Triple Fog Light Pocket Option from KC HiLites! 97168-19

What's Included:

2x FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights
2x FLEX ERA® 1 Lights (Driver Side)
2x FLEX ERA® 1 Lights (Passenger Side)
1x Fog Pocket Mounting Bracket Set (Driver and Passenger Side Brackets)
1x Complete Wiring Kit for Ford Upfitter Switches
2x Selective Yellow Lenses for FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights
4x KC Black Covers for FLEX ERA® 1 Lights
4x Spot Lenses for FLEX ERA® 1 Lights

Ford Bronco New Triple Fog Light Pocket Option from KC HiLites! 97168-1

On-Road & Off-Road Performance and Styling

The KC HiLites Fog Pocket Kit features 2 Street Legal Flex Era 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights that provide a wide field of view that will fully illuminate the area directly in front of you. The Addition of the 4 Flex Era 1 Off-Road Lights provides long-distance and horizontal coverage for superior visibility when hitting the trails at night. This Kit features a bespoke wiring harness that daisy chains all six pods together and puts them onto 2 separate circuits and wires up directly to the factory Aux Switches! With this, you can seamlessly switch between Street Mode and Off Road Mode. When using Street mode, your Flex Era 3 Fog Beam will power on and the Flex Era 1 Pods will produce an amber backlight. When Off-Road mode is activated, the Flex Era 3 pod will produce a high power Spot Beam in addition to the fog beam, and you will also get the full power mode of the Flex Era 1 pods!

Ford Bronco New Triple Fog Light Pocket Option from KC HiLites! 97168-16

Flexibility with Flex Era Pods

One of our favorite features of this kit is that it includes a variety of interchangeable lenses so you can easily adapt your fog pocket kit to your specific needs! The Flex Era 3 Pods come preassembled with Clear lenses, but Selective Yellow lenses are included for an easy swap based on your preference! In addition to this, the Flex Era 1 pods come preassembled with a Spread Beam lens, but Spot Beam lenses are included if you are in need of further reaching light output. All these additional lenses are included at no extra charge!

Mounting Solution

The included mounting brackets are made of black powder-coated steel for ultimate longevity and durability. They are designed specifically for this application and require no drilling, cutting, or permanent modification! They are designed specifically for the O.E. Bronco Modular Steel Bumper to ensure perfect fitment!

Ford Bronco New Triple Fog Light Pocket Option from KC HiLites! 97168-14

SPECIFICATIONS (per light)

FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Light

-Lumens: 3,682 lm / 5,949 lm
-Lux: 94.4 lx / 199.8 lx
-Candela: 9,440 cd / 19,984 cd
-Wattage: 35W / 55 W
-Amp Draw: 2.9 a / 4.5 a @ 12V
-Voltage: 9V-36V
-IP Rating: IP65
-Product Dimensions: W - 3.6" x H - 3.5" x D - 2.6"

FLEX ERA® 1
-Lumens: 2430 lm
-Lux: 45.1 lx flood / 162 lx spread / 310 lx spot
-Candela: 4510 cd flood / 16200 cd spread / 31000 cd spot
-Wattage: 5W / 23W
-Amp Draw: 0.44 a / 1.94 a
-Voltage: 9V-36V
-IP Rating: IP68
-Product Dimensions: W - 2.6" x H - 2.72" x D - 2.9"

SPECIFICATIONS (per power mode)

Street Mode (FE3 SAE Mode + FE1 Backlights)

-Lumens: 7,364 lm
-Wattage: 90W
-Amp Draw: 7.6 a

Off-Road Mode (FE3 and FE1 High Power Modes)
-Lumens: 21,618 lm
-Wattage: 202 W
-Amp Draw: 16.76 a

Summary

The KC HiLites packs a nice punch and is another High-Quality product from KC! This kit offers great output, simplicity, and flexibility (no wonder its called "Flex" Era)! This kit offers a different look from some of the others on the market and features the perfect blend of Modern and retro, just like the Bronco! This kit is a bit on the pricier side, but can perform with the best of them! Definitely an alternative to some of the other Premium kits on the market today!

Check it out at Panda Motorworks by clicking HERE!

If you have any questions, or would like to get setup with a kit, feel free to reach out to @Caleb@PandaMotorworks or myself!
Sponsored

Drizz

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW X7, 2020 Porsche 911 CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks great! Just picked up my Bronco and looking to add some fog and A-pillar/mirror mounted pods. Was actually looking to get the KC Flex Era 3, 2 light system ditch lights kit and this would match nicely.

Question from a newbie. Why would I buy something like this when I can buy all of this individually, directly from KC, for what appears to be less money? Hopefully this isn't a stupid question. Maybe a related question, but any discount or group buy options available?

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question from a newbie. Why would I buy something like this when I can buy all of this individually, directly from KC, for what appears to be less money? Hopefully this isn't a stupid question. Maybe a related question, but any discount or group buy options available?
... I guess you can try to piecemeal a kit together with all of the exact same parts direct from KC, but I very much doubt it would be much of a difference, cost wise. Does KC just sell the fog-pocket brackets separately? That kit can be had directly from KC, as well.

Drizz

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW X7, 2020 Porsche 911 CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I guess you can try to piecemeal a kit together with all of the exact same parts direct from KC, but I very much doubt it would be much of a difference, cost wise. Does KC just sell the fog-pocket brackets separately? That kit can be had directly from KC, as well.
Good point about the bracket. I had been looking into lighting and noted all of the lights, and wiring harnesses, for this kit are available straight from KC.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is perfect timing for me, as half of my M&R lights have shit the bed and I'm looking for something higher quality this time. I'm going to check these out, for sure 🍻

Last edited:

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They sure are! Why did you choose them, they function or loooks why are they better than using the KC mount
They have a locking pin that allows you to rotate the light without having to leave the bolts loose.

Sponsored

Donkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I hack the sae to the factory fog switch and only use one aux for the off-road? I don’t want to eat up all my switches with lights. It seems like it would be fairly straightforward, but I'm still waiting on my bronco so I can't pop the hood and look for hurdles.

Last edited:

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to see some more about these, I think they're pretty cool and I'm a fan of the amber back light on the outer lights. There seems to be very limited media and info in general on this fog kit. Is it because it's very recent or maybe the price point? The close up shots are good, but the rest of the KC website installed product photos are either too far away for underwhelming. I have seen two members on here that have some good shots, those were helpful.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are bad ass mounts www.badassmounts.com
Hey Johnny Mo, another question, i guess you supplied those spacers on the bottom side of the flat mounting bracket for those mounts? I dont see them in the kit from bad ass??? thanks in advance for your help??

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey Johnny Mo, another question, i guess you supplied those spacers on the bottom side of the flat mounting bracket for those mounts? I dont see them in the kit from bad ass??? thanks in advance for your help??
Negative all came from them- for the badassmount you need 2 items the 1) pair of mounting brackets for Bronco and 2) the pair of Swivel Mounts

https://www.badassmounts.com/product/bracket-bronco
https://www.badassmounts.com/product/360-swivel-all-black

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands