First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks guys. There is no fuse on the front fog light circuit--I think the BCM provides current limiting. Seems though that the Flex Era fog mode may be drawing more current than the BCM will allow. I just ordered a set of fused relays on Amazon. I plan to install one of them to run the fogs and I'll replace the 30A relay fuse with a 15A fuse. 15A seems to be sufficient because fog mode works fine on my 15A aux switch. Don't want to fry anything though. I'll let you all know how it goes...
Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely getting these for my Bronco. It's just a matter of when at this point.

Snapdragon

Wildtrak
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks guys. There is no fuse on the front fog light circuit--I think the BCM provides current limiting. Seems though that the Flex Era fog mode may be drawing more current than the BCM will allow. I just ordered a set of fused relays on Amazon. I plan to install one of them to run the fogs and I'll replace the 30A relay fuse with a 15A fuse. 15A seems to be sufficient because fog mode works fine on my 15A aux switch. Don't want to fry anything though. I'll let you all know how it goes...
The relay fix worked great! Now I have the Flex Era SAE fog mode turned on and off by an OEM headlight switch assembly with the fog light pushbutton. This has a more OEM feel and saves me from using one of the upfitter aux switches.

For reference, here is a link to the relays I bought on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PK7F1MC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Sponsored

Last edited: