ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond and First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lights look great and I really want these but ugh, they are expensive. I know they are high quality but there is a pretty big difference between what I want and what I need with these.
I agree. If I add similar lights to my BD, I'll probably go with a different brand.
Sponsored

jpyams

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit and installed in my FE. Watched a few YT videos on install so was pretty straightforward. I did end up missing some of the parts just like a few of the YT videos I watched but the seller (RD Parts on Amazon) was very responsive and overnighted me the missing pieces. I think the missing parts is the fault of BD, not the seller and I've seen others with the exact same problem so they should know better by now. Anyway, other than that, it went off without a hitch.

Here are all the pieces. The kit I could find available had the white fog lights and I wanted amber so I also got a pair of amber lenses and switched them out (man, those things were expensive for a piece of plastic...).

Here are all the pieces:

1644680847527.png

And the lenses switched out:

1644680914063.png

Everything assembled into the fog pocket bracket:

1644680956010.png

The FE obviously has the upfitter switches so tying into those was very simple. My kit came with an upfitter interface. Only issue I found was that my switch #6 appears to not work. I re-tapped it twice thinking I just didn't have a good connection but moving to a different switch was the only thing that worked. Still haven't chased that down. Don't think it is the fuse because the light on the switch is active.

1644681111245.png

I wanted to go to 5 and 6 but ended up on 4 and 5.

And the finished product:

1644681159473.png

1644681181685.png
They look great. Do you think this is something the average intelligent person can do on their own? I don’t work on cars or have any specialized tools. I do want to drill, screwdrivers, and stuff like that. I’ve installed lights in my house, changed light switches to smart switches, and put furniture together. I have two masters degrees, and can follow instructions. Do you think this is something I could do on my own?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They look great. Do you think this is something the average intelligent person can do on their own? I don’t work on cars or have any specialized tools. I do want to drill, screwdrivers, and stuff like that. I’ve installed lights in my house, changed light switches to smart switches, and put furniture together. I have two masters degrees question and can follow instructions. Do you think this is something I could do on my own?
Absolutely. I don't work on cars either. The only tricky part may be that you'll probably want to get a set of Torx plus (the plus is important) sockets for your ratchet. Some of the "bronco" bolts are on pretty tight and I had trouble getting a good grip with the Torx bit provided in the Bronco toolkit. The plus ones fit a bit snugger.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, is there an advantage of getting BD lights instead of Diode Dynamics? I ask because if you go with the new KR brackets and DD it is so much cheaper. Crazy the price of these lights!

OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, is there an advantage of getting BD lights instead of Diode Dynamics? I ask because if you go with the new KR brackets and DD it is so much cheaper. Crazy the price of these lights!
I'm sure Baja Designs will tell you there is :). I was impatient and wanted something available at the time (I did this mod last month). It seemed expensive to me at the time but I still did it.

Perhaps some folks with more experience with the different brands can chime in...

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Baja Designs makes a better quality product, meaning their housings are built stronger. They also have a lifetime warranty. Their off-roading lighting is awesome.

But Diode Dynamics makes a better street legal light. They have better wide patterns in 3 lumen flavors. Their powder coating isn't as high quality as Baja Designs though BUT you save a bit of money (8 year warranty compared to the lifetime of Baja).

We run Diode Dynamcis on our demo truck for the fogs, and Baja Designs for everything else.

Not sure if that helps you decide but there's some info for ya.

You can also use coupon code FOGS and save 5% off our fog kits w/KR Off-Road Brackets.

OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That looks really clean. How are you enjoying it?
I like them. Haven't been called into duty much yet however.

If I decide to add lights in the same area to the Black Diamond, I will likely try the Diode Dynamics from 4x4TruckLeds and then I'll have some good comparisons.

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great!

I've also go the Baja kit installed and only issue I found was getting them aimed properly.

How did you go about aiming them? Baja has a nice overview on where they should be aimed but not much about how to do that once they're mounted and it's a pretty tight fit.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Zones.asp

OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great!

I've also go the Baja kit installed and only issue I found was getting them aimed properly.

How did you go about aiming them? Baja has a nice overview on where they should be aimed but not much about how to do that once they're mounted and it's a pretty tight fit.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Zones.asp
I just fiddled with them using my garage to catch the light. I need to do more adjustments when I get the truck out on a trail or something but haven't done that yet. They pretty much light up the night :).

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit and installed in my FE. Watched a few YT videos on install so was pretty straightforward. I did end up missing some of the parts just like a few of the YT videos I watched but the seller (RD Parts on Amazon) was very responsive and overnighted me the missing pieces. I think the missing parts is the fault of BD, not the seller and I've seen others with the exact same problem so they should know better by now. Anyway, other than that, it went off without a hitch.

Here are all the pieces. The kit I could find available had the white fog lights and I wanted amber so I also got a pair of amber lenses and switched them out (man, those things were expensive for a piece of plastic...).

Here are all the pieces:

1644680847527.png

And the lenses switched out:

1644680914063.png

Everything assembled into the fog pocket bracket:

1644680956010.png

The FE obviously has the upfitter switches so tying into those was very simple. My kit came with an upfitter interface. Only issue I found was that my switch #6 appears to not work. I re-tapped it twice thinking I just didn't have a good connection but moving to a different switch was the only thing that worked. Still haven't chased that down. Don't think it is the fuse because the light on the switch is active.

1644681111245.png

I wanted to go to 5 and 6 but ended up on 4 and 5.

And the finished product:

1644681159473.png

1644681181685.png
Looks awesome! where did you get that bully bar?? It looks taller than the one on Ford's site.

OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks awesome! where did you get that bully bar?? It looks taller than the one on Ford's site.
That's the standard one on the First Edition. May just be the camera angle...

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great, OP.

Planning to install this kit on my FE. Already have installed a new Ford headlight switch module with the built-in Fog light button. Plan is to connect the BD SAE Fogs to the existing, unused Fog wire connection that is conveniently tucked away on the bumper by each fog pocket. Then make the minor software changes in Forscan. Current plan is to wire up the other two lights on each side to uplifters 1 and 2 using Weatherpack connections. Ordered my kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and he was great to work with. I would like to find a good tutorial on aiming each of the different lights: the fogs, driving, and spots.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, OP.

Planning to install this kit on my FE. Already have installed a new Ford headlight switch module with the built-in Fog light button. Plan is to connect the BD SAE Fogs to the existing, unused Fog wire connection that is conveniently tucked away on the bumper by each fog pocket. Then make the minor software changes in Forscan. Current plan is to wire up the other two lights on each side to uplifters 1 and 2 using Weatherpack connections. Ordered my kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and he was great to work with. I would like to find a good tutorial on aiming each of the different lights: the fogs, driving, and spots.
Which part number did you buy for the fog light button? How long did it take to get the part? I was reading that thread, but people are all over the place. Someone should make a guide on that. How hard was it to find the wires that were tucked?
Sponsored