ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond and First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit and installed in my FE. Watched a few YT videos on install so was pretty straightforward. I did end up missing some of the parts just like a few of the YT videos I watched but the seller (RD Parts on Amazon) was very responsive and overnighted me the missing pieces. I think the missing parts is the fault of BD, not the seller and I've seen others with the exact same problem so they should know better by now. Anyway, other than that, it went off without a hitch.

Here are all the pieces. The kit I could find available had the white fog lights and I wanted amber so I also got a pair of amber lenses and switched them out (man, those things were expensive for a piece of plastic...).

Here are all the pieces:

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 1644680847527

And the lenses switched out:

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 1644680914063

Everything assembled into the fog pocket bracket:

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 1644680956010

The FE obviously has the upfitter switches so tying into those was very simple. My kit came with an upfitter interface. Only issue I found was that my switch #6 appears to not work. I re-tapped it twice thinking I just didn't have a good connection but moving to a different switch was the only thing that worked. Still haven't chased that down. Don't think it is the fuse because the light on the switch is active.

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 1644681111245

I wanted to go to 5 and 6 but ended up on 4 and 5.

And the finished product:

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 1644681159473

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 1644681181685
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit and installed in my FE. Watched a few YT videos on install so was pretty straightforward. I did end up missing some of the parts just like a few of the YT videos I watched but the seller (RD Parts on Amazon) was very responsive and overnighted me the missing pieces. I think the missing parts is the fault of BD, not the seller and I've seen others with the exact same problem so they should know better by now. Anyway, other than that, it went off without a hitch.

Here are all the pieces. The kit I could find available had the white fog lights and I wanted amber so I also got a pair of amber lenses and switched them out (man, those things were expensive for a piece of plastic...).

Here are all the pieces:

1644680847527.png

1644680914063.png

1644680956010.png

The FE obviously has the upfitter switches so tying into those was very simple. My kit came with an upfitter interface. Only issue I found was that my switch #6 appears to not work. I re-tapped it twice thinking I just didn't have a good connection but moving to a different switch was the only thing that worked. Still haven't chased that down. Don't think it is the fuse because the light on the switch is active.

1644681111245.png

1644681159473.png

1644681181685.png
Did you order the extra lenses or did your kit just "come" with them. We've heard reports of amazon sellers, whom were selling Baja Designs amber lights, just selling white lights with amber lenses because they don't actually stock or know what they are selling.

One customer emailed us attempting to return their amber lights because they received white lights and amber lenses. Then realized the lights were not from us (they had another order with us and got confused). I'm wondering if this same amazon seller is doing the same thing. Selling the wrong items and just throwing lenses in to cover themselves rather then the actual kit...

What SKU did you actually order? As the only Amber fog kit Baja sells is the Amber SAE Fog Kit. What you have there are NOT SAE lights if that is what you ordered but SPORT lights.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Here are all the pieces:

1644680847527.png

1644680914063.png

1644680956010.png

1644681111245.png

1644681159473.png

1644681181685.png
Excellent choice of vehicle and lights, lol.

Looks great!

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 20211224_105702

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 20211230_150225

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you order the extra lenses or did your kit just "come" with them. We've heard reports of amazon sellers, whom were selling Baja Designs amber lights, just selling white lights with amber lenses because they don't actually stock or know what they are selling.

One customer emailed us attempting to return their amber lights because they received white lights and amber lenses. Then realized the lights were not from us (they had another order with us and got confused). I'm wondering if this same amazon seller is doing the same thing. Selling the wrong items and just throwing lenses in to cover themselves rather then the actual kit...

What SKU did you actually order? As the only Amber fog kit Baja sells is the Amber SAE Fog Kit. What you have there are NOT SAE lights if that is what you ordered but SPORT lights.
So not SAE = not street legal fogs?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So not SAE = not street legal fogs?
That is correct. The SAE lights cost more over the Squadron Sport and are street legal. The Squadron Sport throw a bit more light out and their pattern is not as crisp.

Sooo if he paid for the Amber Squadron SAE kit and received Squadron Sports with Amber lenses, he overpaid and got scammed. It's a big problem on Amazon right now. A lot of fly by night people selling Baja but selling the wrong things OR selling products with fake bezels (for example you could order some Squadron Pro on Amazon, get a set of lights that have Squadron Pro bezels, but the lights might actually be Squadron Sport). A lot of these scammers are switching the bezels to screw customers out of money. I always tell folks to do their research before buying big name brands on amazon.

In fact, the company that the O.P. purchased from is actually on the Baja Designs DO NOT SELL list. They are NOT an authorized Baja Designs re-seller and they are not supposed to be selling Baja Designs.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is correct. The SAE lights cost more over the Squadron Sport and are street legal. The Squadron Sport throw a bit more light out and their pattern is not as crisp.

Sooo if he paid for the Amber Squadron SAE kit and received Squadron Sports with Amber lenses, he overpaid and got scammed. It's a big problem on Amazon right now. A lot of fly by night people selling Baja but selling the wrong things OR selling products with fake bezels (for example you could order some Squadron Pro on Amazon, get a set of lights that have Squadron Pro bezels, but the lights might actually be Squadron Sport). A lot of these scammers are switching the bezels to screw customers out of money. I always tell folks to do their research before buying big name brands on amazon.
Ooooh. Sorry, OP
good info to have, thanks man

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ooooh. Sorry, OP
good info to have, thanks man
I just sent the OP a private message in an attempt to help him. Mainly identify WHAT he ordered and WHAT he got so that he got what he paid for. Something doesn't seem right about the first photo though... why the seller would send him amber lenses also is a bit odd... I have a feeling he MAY have ordered the amber SAE kit but that's not what he got.

RDP Parts has been a known problem with a LOT of vendors. They are on almost everybody's do not sell list

OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys, thanks for the concern. I did actually get exactly what I ordered which was the sport kit which has white sport lights. I ordered the amber lenses from another supplier and switched them out myself.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the post. My Sportsman kit arrived this week, I haven’t opened the box yet. I ordered from Stage 3 Motorsports (back on Black Friday), so I’m not concerned about something not being legit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the post. My Sportsman kit arrived this week, I haven’t opened the box yet. I ordered from Stage 3 Motorsports (back on Black Friday), so I’m not concerned about something not being legit.
I would open the box and make sure you have a bag with angle brackets, bolts and the main installation instructions in it.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great, I think I am going this route as well.

I have a bad #6 aux switch as well, sounds a bit different than yours though. Mine likes to go amber on its own even when the car is off and in the off position. It will trigger power to the relay as well. To make it go off...link

OP
OP
ebr

ebr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great, I think I am going this route as well.

I have a bad #6 aux switch as well, sounds a bit different than yours though. Mine likes to go amber on its own even when the car is off and in the off position. It will trigger power to the relay as well. To make it go off...link
Yeah, that is different from mine. Mine just doesn't deliver power at the tie in point. Everything else about it appears to work. I still haven't spent any time trying to chase it down.

That is literally the only issue I've had [knock knock] with either vehicle.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would open the box and make sure you have a bag with angle brackets, bolts and the main installation instructions in it.
i opened the box, three sets of lights, two harnesses, and brackets. I found the additional hardware, instructions, and splitter harnesses inside the Squadron box. I purchased the stand alone harness version rather than the upfitter version by mistake, so it came with two complete harnesses with relays. I figure I’ll either wire up my own harness or buy one complete from 4x4truckleds.com.

I’m also debating on selling off the BD Sportsman set and the BD Pro pillar light kit to run Diode Dynamics lights since I like their SAE fog lights better than BD.

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install DF3C689C-33AF-4DD2-BD87-04FCDD001A02

Reactions: ebr

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lights look great and I really want these but ugh, they are expensive. I know they are high quality but there is a pretty big difference between what I want and what I need with these.
Sponsored