Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which part number did you buy for the fog light button? How long did it take to get the part? I was reading that thread, but people are all over the place. Someone should make a guide on that. How hard was it to find the wires that were tucked?
We have a post that goes over the various kits in the vendor area actually (and we have all the kits in stock with the exception of our new KR Off-Road bezel system, which is shipping March 1st)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/baja-designs-fog-kits-in-stock.36980/
Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Which part number did you buy for the fog light button? How long did it take to get the part? I was reading that thread, but people are all over the place. Someone should make a guide on that. How hard was it to find the wires that were tucked?
That thread on the fog light switch is really long but there is a ton of great info in there. I had the same questions you have. I went the route of ordering part #ML3Z-11654-DA from Tascaparts.com. Took about 10-14 days between placing the order and it arriving in the mail. I then swamped the module on the left side that had the wrong buttons with the ones from my existing headlight switch. Someone on that fog light thread came up with the idea and showed some pics it. Super easy to do. The wires were actually pretty easy to find once I knew what and where to look. I posted about it and someone posted some pics. As I understand it, the wires are pre-existing if you have the High or Lux package as that unused wire is incorporated in the harness for those two packages.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That thread on the fog light switch is really long but there is a ton of great info in there. I had the same questions you have. I went the route of ordering part #ML3Z-11654-DA from Tascaparts.com. Took about 10-14 days between placing the order and it arriving in the mail. I then swamped the module on the left side that had the wrong buttons with the ones from my existing headlight switch. Someone on that fog light thread came up with the idea and showed some pics it. Super easy to do. The wires were actually pretty easy to find once I knew what and where to look. I posted about it and someone posted some pics. As I understand it, the wires are pre-existing if you have the High or Lux package as that unused wire is incorporated in the harness for those two packages.
Thanks for the info. I will keep you in mind once I get to that point. FORSCAN settings not bad as well?

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone looking to do the same, save yourself time and money and go with @4x4TruckLEDs.com . Cheapest price out there and you can pick the upfitter wiring so you don't have tons of extra wires going everywhere. I have the larger 2x2 lights wired into the factory fog switch (I ordered standard plastic bumper and tracked down skid plates and MOD bumper and did the swap) and the 2x1s into an Aux switch. Awesome setup and looks great

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install 698BDFBD-77A7-421E-8666-4D46F8EADB89

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the info. I will keep you in mind once I get to that point. FORSCAN settings not bad as well?
I haven't made those yet as waiting for the lights to arrive. Didn't want to make the software changes to activate that circuit since without the lights connected it will throw some codes, as I understand it. There is a really good Forscan thread on B6G that explains it. Looks pretty easy (famous last words).

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Installed the BD Fog Pocket Kit on my First Edition this weekend. Love the look and the quality of the BD fog kit. The bracket design is particularly well thought out and not one dimensional. Creates a nice visual when done. @4x4TruckLEDs.com was helpful with the purchase. I tied the BD SAE Fogs into the existing factory fog connector found under each shackle (using the factory connector via Ballenger Motorsports) and added a new Ford headlight switch with fog button and made the necessary changes in Forscan. Works fantastic. The pair of spot lights and pair of driving/combo lights are currently connected to Aux uplifter switches #5 and 6 using weather pack connectors. I took the BD supplied harnesses and pulled them apart to create my own harness using PET expandable braided sleeving, heat shrink tubing and a weather pack tool (for removing the pins in the connectors). Came out beautifully but took a bit of time while watching some TV.

A couple questions for others who have installed the BD fog pocket kit or similar:

1. Has anyone tied the BD spots and/or driving/combo lights to the high beams? If so, hope you will share details on how you went about it. (I do understand they are technically not street legal but thinking that is arguably diminished because high beams are not used when opposing traffic coming).

2. Has anyone come across a good video (YT or otherwise) showing the best way to dial-in/aim the the fogs, spots, and the driving/combo lights?

Thanks

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the BD Fog Pocket Kit on my First Edition this weekend. Love the look and the quality of the BD fog kit. The bracket design is particularly well thought out and not one dimensional. Creates a nice visual when done. @4x4TruckLEDs.com was helpful with the purchase. I tied the BD SAE Fogs into the existing factory fog connector found under each shackle (using the factory connector via Ballenger Motorsports) and added a new Ford headlight switch with fog button and made the necessary changes in Forscan. Works fantastic. The pair of spot lights and pair of driving/combo lights are currently connected to Aux uplifter switches #5 and 6 using weather pack connectors. I took the BD supplied harnesses and pulled them apart to create my own harness using PET expandable braided sleeving, heat shrink tubing and a weather pack tool (for removing the pins in the connectors). Came out beautifully but took a bit of time while watching some TV.

A couple questions for others who have installed the BD fog pocket kit or similar:

1. Has anyone tied the BD spots and/or driving/combo lights to the high beams? If so, hope you will share details on how you went about it. (I do understand they are technically not street legal but thinking that is arguably diminished because high beams are not used when opposing traffic coming).

2. Has anyone come across a good video (YT or otherwise) showing the best way to dial-in/aim the the fogs, spots, and the driving/combo lights?

Thanks
For #1 do you mean to have the fogs on when you have the high beams on? If you used the new switch wouldn't Bambi mode work? What part number did you buy for the switch? I will need to look into these connectors you mention.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For #1 do you mean to have the fogs on when you have the high beams on?
Fogs "staying on" with high beams is an option you can enable in Forscan.

The Factory Fog Switch thread has a ton of very helpful information in it. It's very long but worth the read.

This particular post has the changes to make in Forscan, including option for fogs also being on with high beams, if you would like that. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-933098

What part number did you buy for the switch?
I used part# ML3Z-11654-DA for the factory headlight switch with fog button. It does require switching out the left module buttons with the ones on your current switch but it's easy to do and there is info in the Factory Fog Switch thread on how to do that. I did this approach because it was available versus the exact match part being backordered. That Fog Switch thread also has the other part #s you can use.

I will need to look into these connectors you mention.
Here's the thread by @TX21BRONC where he provides the idea, how to, and info on using the weather pack connectors for the uplifter wiring. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ther-packs-and-4x4truckled-wiring-loom.26109/

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thought I'd add two additional helpful things for others when doing the BD fog pocket install:

1. For adjusting/tightening down the 4mm hex screws for vertical tilt of the lights, there is not enough room in between the lights once mounted on the Bronco to tighten these side 4mm hex screws using a standard size hex key. The sides of the light brackets are very close to each other. However, pick up a set of stubby L shape hex keys and the super short end works great to get in between the lights to tighten those up once you have them aimed. I found some inexpensive ones on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E7XGWI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. For adjusting/dialing in the light beams of the BD SAE fogs, here is a helpful sheet from Baja Designs, which follows most of the stuff found online. You would do similar with the spots and driving/combo lights but seems like looking to go slightly above low beam center point and make sure to keep below high beam center point.

Ford Bronco BD Fog light pocket kit install image007[19]

Sponsored

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baja Designs makes a better quality product, meaning their housings are built stronger. They also have a lifetime warranty. Their off-roading lighting is awesome.

But Diode Dynamics makes a better street legal light. They have better wide patterns in 3 lumen flavors. Their powder coating isn't as high quality as Baja Designs though BUT you save a bit of money (8 year warranty compared to the lifetime of Baja).

We run Diode Dynamcis on our demo truck for the fogs, and Baja Designs for everything else.

Not sure if that helps you decide but there's some info for ya.

You can also use coupon code FOGS and save 5% off our fog kits w/KR Off-Road Brackets.
Late to this thread and looking to get these BD fogs to complement my BD Squadron Sport ditch lights.

A couple questions for 4X4TruckLEDS:

My ditch lights are amber combos

What do you recommend for each of the three fog lights wrt color and pattern? Normal street/ expedition off-road driving

I am thinking the Sportsman with the BD bracket.

Any current discounts?

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fogs "staying on" with high beams is an option you can enable in Forscan.

The Factory Fog Switch thread has a ton of very helpful information in it. It's very long but worth the read.

This particular post has the changes to make in Forscan, including option for fogs also being on with high beams, if you would like that. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-933098

I used part# ML3Z-11654-DA for the factory headlight switch with fog button. It does require switching out the left module buttons with the ones on your current switch but it's easy to do and there is info in the Factory Fog Switch thread on how to do that. I did this approach because it was available versus the exact match part being backordered. That Fog Switch thread also has the other part #s you can use.

Here's the thread by @TX21BRONC where he provides the idea, how to, and info on using the weather pack connectors for the uplifter wiring. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ther-packs-and-4x4truckled-wiring-loom.26109/
If you need fogs to do fog light things then having highs on at the same time defeats what the fogs are designed for. Or is Highs with Fogs an option and you can also run Fogs and Lows or just Fogs? I VA Highs and Fogs are illegal. Same as Highs and Driving lights being on together.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Late to this thread and looking to get these BD fogs to complement my BD Squadron Sport ditch lights.

A couple questions for 4X4TruckLEDS:

My ditch lights are amber combos

What do you recommend for each of the three fog lights wrt color and pattern? Normal street/ expedition off-road driving

I am thinking the Sportsman with the BD bracket.

Any current discounts?
We have some recommended setups on our fog light package page:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

We don't do a "sportsmen" because we let you choose the lights, so you get to pick what you want. Each of our fog packages has detailed descriptions/recomendations listed.

Use the coupon code in our signature

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

4x4TruckLEDs.com