Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just installed the Baja Fog light kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com with the HD Bumper - super easy install so if you can hack into your factory fog lights that would be sick!
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed the Baja Fog light kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com with the HD Bumper - super easy install so if you can hack into your factory fog lights that would be sick!
My thoughts exactly. I did the same - but, it would be nice to alleviate the 3rd AUX switch.

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just got the call from my Dealer that my Bronco arrived last night. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up Next weekend. Once we have a certified step by step I’ll gladly add it to the original post!
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch EB5A09CF-462A-486D-864E-72D0389A1E95

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my DA switch today. Not sure if this is common knowledge but I was able to use my ford pass points to buy the part.

My dealer said no one had ever done that and it took them a little while to figure it out.

Not to get my Diode Dynamics kit!

Sponsored

Deleted member 18651

I've been trying to find time to tackle this for everyone and finally did. I hope this can serve as the base of a write up for everyone, I don't have much experience making write ups but I will try my best.

To enable and utilize the factory fog light harness these are the steps needed. You will need ForScan (obviously but had to clarify) and the headlight switch of your choice, mine specifically is the auto lamp one with spot light buttons and just the single fog light in the center of the dial (I forget the part number if anyone knows)

Connect to the vehicle and go into configurations --> BdyCM and open it.
You will want to find and change the following:

Front fog lamps - change this from "Disabled" to "Enabled".
Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
Using Front Fog With High Beam - This is an optional change but if you want to use fogs with high beams change it to "Allowed"

Write the settings made, you are finished with the BdyCM for now

Next you need to open the IPC which will turn on the fog light indicator in your gauge screen:

Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

Write this setting and now we will go onto the As-Built change.

You will need to open BdyCM (As-Built Configuration). BACK UP THIS FILE in case anything goes wrong you can restore the original.

Locate the following line:

726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (My Badlands specifically was 726-42-01-0000-0000-0575)

You will need to change the second box to 0101. ForScan does autochecksum calculations so what I ended up with was 726-42-01-0000-0101-0577

Write this change

I originally started with just the first two parts but while the indicator would show up on the dash I was not getting power to the fog light harness in the bumper. I was curious and compared to a 2021 F-150 spreadsheet. This 726-42-01 is the control line for what the Left and Right fog light circuit actually does. There's a few options but the default setting is "not used". The setting I changed it to (01) is "Fog cornering" (I assume 04 for Fog Only will work too) but there is another one (05) which basically turns that circuit into an always on 12v. The switch does not turn it off and while I tested it with the vehicle on I forgot to check it with the vehicle keyed off though I assume it would be a key on only setting. I mention this just because it could be useful to somone here who may not be hooking up fog lights but might want a low amp, I believe the fuse is only 5 amps, source for other accessories.

For those curious here is the full list of options but I only tried the two I mentioned:

LF_Fog_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Fog Cornering 02=Fog DRL 03=Fog DRL Cornering 04=Fog Only 05=Power Supply

Also, I did not research or attempt anything relating to the Rear Fog Lamps. I know some people here are seeking that but unfortunately I didn't dive into that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone determined the mating connector to the factory fog harness behind the mod bumper? Would like to make it plug and play and not have to cut the factory connector to install weatherpack.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a male end connected to each spot with weather plugs inserted into the two holes so that it seals off everything. You can get the pins and install them inside it attached to your own wiring. That’s what I’ll be doing

Specifically the pigtail kit part number for Ford is WPT-984 if you want spares.
THANKS for doing that Forscan legwork. That was my next question - the wiring. Guess I will be ordering those harnesses. Amazing.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait - isn't that harness what's in this picture (at his index finger tip)? With the null male end plugged into it (closer to his thumb knuckle)? Am I mistaken? Wouldn't that mean we need the male end to attach the fog wiring to?

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1635616166702

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies if what I said may have been confusing. Yes they provide a blind plug (male end) to seal off what would otherwise be the open end to the female side (factory wiring). You can remove those green weather plugs, get the pins and crimp them to new wires and make that blind male end and actual male end harness to be soldered or otherwise attached to your lights.

Hopefully that's clear but very simplified, unplug the blank connector and use it to wire up whatever you're trying to power with the fog light button and then plug it into the factory supplied female end. Then you have a very factory fit and finish solution. You wouldn't need to order a plug as one is already provided and ready to accept two wired pins
Hey @4x4TruckLEDs.com - so here are the answers for the awesome setup to save an upfitter!

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been trying to find time to tackle this for everyone and finally did. I hope this can serve as the base of a write up for everyone, I don't have much experience making write ups but I will try my best.

To enable and utilize the factory fog light harness these are the steps needed. You will need ForScan (obviously but had to clarify) and the headlight switch of your choice, mine specifically is the auto lamp one with spot light buttons and just the single fog light in the center of the dial (I forget the part number if anyone knows)

Connect to the vehicle and go into configurations --> BdyCM and open it.
You will want to find and change the following:

Front fog lamps - change this from "Disabled" to "Enabled".
Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
Using Front Fog With High Beam - This is an optional change but if you want to use fogs with high beams change it to "Allowed"

Write the settings made, you are finished with the BdyCM for now

Next you need to open the IPC which will turn on the fog light indicator in your gauge screen:

Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

Write this setting and now we will go onto the As-Built change.

You will need to open BdyCM (As-Built Configuration). BACK UP THIS FILE in case anything goes wrong you can restore the original.

Locate the following line:

726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (My Badlands specifically was 726-42-01-0000-0000-0575)

You will need to change the second box to 0101. ForScan does autochecksum calculations so what I ended up with was 726-42-01-0000-0101-0577

Write this change

I originally started with just the first two parts but while the indicator would show up on the dash I was not getting power to the fog light harness in the bumper. I was curious and compared to a 2021 F-150 spreadsheet. This 726-42-01 is the control line for what the Left and Right fog light circuit actually does. There's a few options but the default setting is "not used". The setting I changed it to (01) is "Fog cornering" (I assume 04 for Fog Only will work too) but there is another one (05) which basically turns that circuit into an always on 12v. The switch does not turn it off and while I tested it with the vehicle on I forgot to check it with the vehicle keyed off though I assume it would be a key on only setting. I mention this just because it could be useful to somone here who may not be hooking up fog lights but might want a low amp, I believe the fuse is only 5 amps, source for other accessories.

For those curious here is the full list of options but I only tried the two I mentioned:

LF_Fog_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Fog Cornering 02=Fog DRL 03=Fog DRL Cornering 04=Fog Only 05=Power Supply

Also, I did not research or attempt anything relating to the Rear Fog Lamps. I know some people here are seeking that but unfortunately I didn't dive into that yet.
Thanks for this.... Nicely done!
I'm thinking about enabling cornering light mode... I wouldn't normally drive with fogs on in town, but cornering lights come in handy. Have them on my Escape. 👍🏻
They use separate elements inside the headlight themselves though, not the driving lights. 🤷🏻

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thread is tl;Dr, so maybe this has already been mentioned - what about using one switch as a master power source to a remote-controlled splitter? Then you have a little clicker in the console for when you want to change which are on and off. If you are almost always going to have the same ones on then you will rarely even need to use the remote.

I would love to have this for lights mounted on a roof rack.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe with that mode enabled it turns on the respective fog light when you turn the steering wheel left or right. You would not need to mess with the line coding as far as I noticed, that was only to actually enable that circuit. In the regular BdyCM where it lets you do "enable"/"disable" there was a choice to use fogs for cornering so I suppose that can be tested and verified.
I assume it would do both... Cornering lights with them switched off and fog lights when the switch is enabled. Testing required....
👍🏻

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes actually that's more likely the case. Hence why when I told the hex code to enable the circuit for "Fog cornering" it worked to just turn the fogs on altogether. I read something as well that mirrors what you said in an F-150 forum.
It's really cool that we're seeing a lot of parallels with the 150 with ForScan...
Probably the most documented, most optioned vehicle in Forscan

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say…Black Diamond doesn’t have that harness sitting in the bumper. I thought I was going crazy after @flip sent me that picture. But, I’m back out here and there isn’t any wiring/harness in that V-shaped channel just beyond the tow hook. That’s a bummer if it’s true.

I’m assuming 2022 will because Modular Bumper is no longer standard.
Sponsored