Factory Fog Light Switch

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo, I am trying to figure this all out . You guys want to do this to save one spot on your uplifted switches of which you have 6 , I guess is what I don't understand is what all do you want to use 5 uplifted switches (one would be for fog) for?, ditch lights, front driving lights, rock lights, maybe a led light bar above windshield. That’s four, still have one open. I am just curious. Or you would still have 2 open if you put in the factory fog light switch. Do i need to order more lights?lol
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo, I am trying to figure this all out . You guys want to do this to save one spot on your uplifted switches of which you have 6 , I guess is what I don't understand is what all do you want to use 5 uplifted switches (one would be for fog) for?, ditch lights, front driving lights, rock lights, maybe a led light bar above windshield. That’s four, still have one open. I am just curious. Or you would still have 2 open if you put in the factory fog light switch. Do i need to order more lights?lol
nobody's forcing you to not use an upfitter switch.

to me, it makes more sense to keep road legal fog lights with the factory wiring and switch, off road lights with the upfitter switches.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not real sure why you made this comment, I didn’t say anybody was forcing anything I’m asking what you will need 6 uplifted switches for

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is everyone on this? I find it a bit odd that a rear fog switch is even a stock piece. Of course, knowing Ford, the switch is probably used on a half dozen different models. Maybe the Sport... If the Sport is sold overseas..?
We're the part number look up's actual Bronco parts?
Is it 100% certain the sub harnesses are present?
I did a similar mod with my SVT Focus and it needed a European BCM coded to my VIN and the wiring tapped into it to make it work.
But it was TOTALLY worth it!
I wonder if the Bronco instrument screen will have an icon light for rear fogs?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm watching as I can't decide on modular or capable bumpers yet, and an easy/cheap fog setup will help make that decision.

The dual switch for rear fogs has me Intrigued: If rear fogs could be correctly set up on an aftermarket bumper (not blinding other drivers) I may go that route. If not, I wouldn't want rear lights wired to that switch, for fear if accidentally hitting it while in traffic.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm watching as I can't decide on modular or capable bumpers yet, and an easy/cheap fog setup will help make that decision.

The dual switch for rear fogs has me Intrigued: If rear fogs could be correctly set up on an aftermarket bumper (not blinding other drivers) I may go that route. If not, I wouldn't want rear lights wired to that switch, for fear if accidentally hitting it while in traffic.
It's not blinding light, in OE configurations. It's basically the same intensity as brake lights... But usually in a smaller housing/reflector and sometime only a single light.
My SVT/RS Focus conversion had a single rear fog on one side of the bumper and a reverse light on the other side. I also took a rear fog from a euro/left hand drive Focus so I had both rear lights for fogs 👍🏻

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

#1: Cowl Lights
#2: Bumper Spots
#3: Rock Lights
#4: Rear Work Lights
#5: Air Compressor
#6: Auxiliary Battery

So yes if connect the two spots in the bumper and use the SAE Fog with the Fog Switch I save two switches. I also plan to run a roofrack bar but it will have a stand-alone controller. Also there was pictures floating Around of a Bronco with a rear fog light in factory configuration so I’m being hopeful. If not it’s a $75 dollar switch. Not a massive amount of money in the grand scheme of things.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
#1: Cowl Lights
#2: Bumper Spots
#3: Rock Lights
#4: Rear Work Lights
#5: Air Compressor
#6: Auxiliary Battery

So yes if connect the two spots in the bumper and use the SAE Fog with the Fog Switch I save two switches. I also plan to run a roofrack bar but it will have a stand-alone controller. Also there was pictures floating Around of a Bronco with a rear fog light in factory configuration so I’m being hopeful. If not it’s a $75 dollar switch. Not a massive amount of money in the grand scheme of things.
ahh, yes i forgot about the compressor and wasn’t thinking about a auxiliary Battery, so that brings another question , where would a guy put a auxiliary battery any idea yet ? I have a portable freezer for the back and a solar power generator , and would also like a auxiliary battery, never thought about butting it on a switch. Great idea though.

Last edited:

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it is a combo switch that does head lights parking lights auto setting and dimmer for the dash lights and the mirror and fog lights. If you don't have some of those options then those buttons are not on the switch. But maybe the switch can be swapped out as a unit to one that does?
That is how my Frontier is.
SV had no Fog switch, but a new Turn/light stock plugged right in. Then found the light harnesses tucked up behind the bumper. Bought a factory Nissan Fog-kit off Amazon or EBay. Easy (course, the Nissan Frontier has been the same since 2005!!!)

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Conveniently (not really), my headlight control module just failed... I wondered why the LED that indicated what mode the headlights are in was out and it binged at me when I opened the door as if I had left the headlights on.

I wonder if I could convince the dealer to order the module w/ fog lamp instead, lol.

OBDLink is saying my start button is faulty too, but that seems to be working.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, if you have a Mod bumper and want to run your fog lights from a traditional switch (with the benefit of not taking an upfitter position plus switching them off automatically when hi-beams are activated), some folks on this thread have been trail-blazing the way as they have been receiving their Broncos.

My question is if we have a solid "single-source tutorial" yet on this process assembled, rather than a few tidbits here and there. I feel like the info is still scattered, unless I have missed something along the way.

Here is what I have so far, or the questions I would like to see answered:

Replacement Switches: M2DZ-11654-DA (single fog) or -CA (front and rear fog)
Plugs into existing harness: confirm Broncos are pre-wired to front bumper area (believe I have seen pics posted of the wire termination point) and that the switches function as expected
A comprehensive list of FORSCAN setting modifications: Do we have one complete list yet that is verified to make this all work?

Thanks to all!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, if you have a Mod bumper and want to run your fog lights from a traditional switch (with the benefit of not taking an upfitter position plus switching them off automatically when hi-beams are activated), some folks on this thread have been trail-blazing the way as they have been receiving their Broncos.

My question is if we have a solid "single-source tutorial" yet on this process assembled, rather than a few tidbits here and there. I feel like the info is still scattered, unless I have missed something along the way.

Here is what I have so far, or the questions I would like to see answered:

Replacement Switches: M2DZ-11654-DA (single fog) or -CA (front and rear fog)
Plugs into existing harness: confirm Broncos are pre-wired to front bumper area (believe I have seen pics posted of the wire termination point) and that the switches function as expected
A comprehensive list of FORSCAN setting modifications: Do we have one complete list yet that is verified to make this all work?

Thanks to all!
You saw that those switches DO plug into the Bronco? I guess I missed that...
And I haven't seen anyone talk about the wiring loom for the rear fogs, if they actually exist. 🤷🏻

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me expand on what I just wrote by listing below all of the pertinent details from various portions of this thread that have been shared to date:

@redone17 shared the following FORScan options

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-870566

He also noted that he “Just discovered that the IPC Module also has a Front Fog Lamps that presumably has to be Enabled separately from the BdyCM Module sections I posted yesterday.”

Here is a link to the pic of the pre-wired fog light connectors near front bumper

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-898367

@ModifyMike provided a screen-shot of the 4 various switches you can use to replace your factory switch. It will depend upon model/options, and whether you want the front or front plus rear light switching (though there is no pre-installed wiring for a rear fog that we know of yet)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-819923

Here is a pic of one (the -CA version) by @redone17

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1635382043341

This is what I could find - can anyone verify that the FORScan setting @redone17 has provided are the complete list, and what those should be set "to" in order to make this work? Thanks!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like I am leaving you all hanging. Hopefully it's not raining on Monday - as of now the forecast is perfect. I shall dig in then and report back on my discoveries.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like I am leaving you all hanging. Hopefully it's not raining on Monday - as of now the forecast is perfect. I shall dig in then and report back on my discoveries.
No, I wanted to try and collect everything in one place and recognize the great work you and others are doing. Hopefully I’m getting my Bronco very soon (it shipped) and I can finally install my BD lights that I assembled a while ago!
Sponsored