Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeff,
IF you have the Mod bumper and ordered the High Package that was available on your Badlands , it has the front sensing package that has factory wire harness pigtails for you to add Fog lights using the factory OEM headlight switch unit "that includes fogs". Part numbers are in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/

You can order the switch unit for front fogs only or front AND rear fogs. The forum members have an open action item to see if anyone can find the rear fog pigtail in the rear harness. ANYONE FIND IT YET? smile

Note: There were only 5 switches in distribution last week and the guys here purchased them all.
Now back ordered.

I ordered the fog light pocket kit from Diode Dynamics with 3 all clear lenses for each side and with all 3 having amber back lights. It's up to you as an individual to chose your preference. (I used the bigger SS3 and 2 each SS2 units as my preference)
( See @Bigmoose's nice clean 2 light , 2 color install above as his preference)

It's a little daunting at first . I called one supplier and they told me: " read the website, that's what it's for" . VERY RUDE,... so no issue at all....I spent my money elsewhere. Chris or the Diode folks will be happy to help you. Bottom line.....
You can get any backlight color and any lense color, mix and match in the size light that you prefer. Additionally, you can select from multiple brightness outputs ( candelas) to get brighter and BRIGHTER and VERY MUCH BRIGHTER. Read this as $, $$, or $$$$.

Wiring them up is really straight forward: Your back lighting gets spliced into the factory running light wire with no need for using an AUX switch. Fog lamps will either use the factory switch if you have the LUX / High package option. If you do not have this option, you will use an AUX switch . Which aux switch?........ it is based on amp draw of your chosen lights.
Last but not least ,the trail lights go to another AUX switch .

Any issues? ....please call me 256 520 4401 for a conversation. It took me a few hours for my wallet to become dangerously informed .
George
Thank you for the detailed response. I really have no experience with wiring, but I'm hoping I can do this. I do have the high package. I'd like to wire the backlight into the running lights. And then have one switch for road legal and one for offroad brightness. I order the 3 light sport set Diode Dynamics. Does everything you need come with the package?
Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the detailed response. I really have no experience with wiring, but I'm hoping I can do this. I do have the high package. I'd like to wire the backlight into the running lights. And then have one switch for road legal and one for offroad brightness. I order the 3 light sport set Diode Dynamics. Does everything you need come with the package?

You will get all but the ready to plug in harness which they are advising will available by December end. Its 15% off for the holiday sale. It could be done without a nice harness.... just wait for it. smile

edit: here's the note from Caleb at DD

'The harness for your Bronco should be released near the end of December. As soon as it is available for purchase, I will give you a call to explain exactly what you need and to place an order with you. If you have any other questions, please let us know"

Last edited:

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

We include the harnesses with purchase and snap on black covers for lights you may not use!

Like mentioned 15% off!

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the release of the @Diode Dynamics Fog light pocket kit, we knew it would be a winner! In this video we show you that standard kit, along with some other custom options to fit any need or budget! Check it out!

What winch system do you have installed in this video? So that just mounts flush below the factory bumper? Like the look of that and your lights.

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We include the harnesses with purchase and snap on black covers for lights you may not use!

Like mentioned 15% off!
Im having trouble finding the SS6 amber fog/wide for the bronco. do the mounts they come with fit the bronco pocket on the mod bumper? or which mounts will I need to mount the ss6 or the ss2? thanks again!
Sponsored