John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at the BD Fog Pocket Kit from 4X4TruckLEDs.com. My use is general purpose - "a bit" off-road. I would like to use one assy switch for the amber (fog), and one assy switch for the other two pairs. Thinking of the following:

Squadron SAE, Wide Cornering Amber (2)
S2 Sport, Driving / Combo (2)
S2 Sport, Spot (2)

Package totaled $873. I've read here that the 4X4TLED.com offers a better harness. Pricing vs. direct from BD also seems better?? I've read that BD quality is on the better side. I live in the rust belt and believe the "done right, done once" mantra.

Looking for constructive comments before pushing "buy" (or rather "pre-order" - not sure what's up with that).
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you’ve read is spot on. They certainly made a high quality, easy to use ‘plug & play’ setup with their light combos. Could you find a better deal by piecemealing each part, maybe, but with this you get everything ready to go and simple to install. Anything that saves me time is a win in my book.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm looking at the BD Fog Pocket Kit from 4X4TruckLEDs.com. My use is general purpose - "a bit" off-road. I would like to use one assy switch for the amber (fog), and one assy switch for the other two pairs. Thinking of the following:

S2 Sport, Spot (2)

Package totaled $873. I've read here that the 4X4TLED.com offers a better harness. Pricing vs. direct from BD also seems better?? I've read that BD quality is on the better side. I live in the rust belt and believe the "done right, done once" mantra.

Looking for constructive comments before pushing "buy" (or rather "pre-order" - not sure what's up with that).

Baja has a great product. There is nothing knocking that and we sell it because its a great product. With that said we do try and push more of our customers to the Diode Dynamics Fog Pocket kit that will ship next month because of the SAE Fog & Driving Optics. They are road legal optics with a great output for a very similar price.

Diodes housings are powder coated and they do come with a 8 Year warranty.

If you are interested in the Diode Fog Light Pocket Kit We include Free Snap on Covers and additional harnesses if need be!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on ETA, Pricing, etc I would be happy to help.

Links to Diode Kits

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...s-2021-ford-bronco-fog-light-pocket-kit-sport

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ics-2021-ford-bronco-fog-light-pocket-kit-pro

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper / Fog Pocket Kit Suggestions Bronco_backlight

P.S The Fog Pocket Kit will also come with an Amber Back light going forward as well!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My experience so far with Diode Dynamics has been very good. The housing, finish, light output and awesome SAE cut off have all been as advertised. I never get flashed, the dispersion is excellent and I find the amber tint on the fogs to be a nice compliment to the white light of the factory LEDs. I like it so well that I am going to add a DD light bar to compliment the long range light with the high beams.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My experience so far with Diode Dynamics has been very good. The housing, finish, light output and awesome SAE cut off have all been as advertised. I never get flashed, the dispersion is excellent and I find the amber tint on the fogs to be a nice compliment to the white light of the factory LEDs. I like it so well that I am going to add a DD light bar to compliment the long range light with the high beams.
This has been our experience as well.

If I were you I would look at the new SS5 Bar Coming out vs the light bar! We sell both but the aggressive look and better output would for me is hard to give up! Let me know if I can assist in any way!

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper / Fog Pocket Kit Suggestions Image from iOS (4)

More Info on the SS5 -----> https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-the-worlds-brightest-off-road-led-pod.28487/

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate the thought, but I am a more understated kind of guy :) The high beams on the Bronco are really good, I am anticipating the light bar will extend the range slightly and fill in the overall view. I also plan to add a winch/new bumper (I have seen one so far that is a candidate), so that will change the mounting locations and potentially light selection overall.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate the thought, but I am a more understated kind of guy :) The high beams on the Bronco are really good, I am anticipating the light bar will extend the range slightly and fill in the overall view. I also plan to add a winch/new bumper (I have seen one so far that is a candidate), so that will change the mounting locations and potentially light selection overall.

I would love to see that setup done. If we can assist in anyway please let me know!

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baja has a great product. There is nothing knocking that and we sell it because its a great product. With that said we do try and push more of our customers to the Diode Dynamics Fog Pocket kit that will ship next month because of the SAE Fog & Driving Optics. They are road legal optics with a great output for a very similar price.

Diodes housings are powder coated and they do come with a 8 Year warranty.

If you are interested in the Diode Fog Light Pocket Kit We include Free Snap on Covers and additional harnesses if need be!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on ETA, Pricing, etc I would be happy to help.

Links to Diode Kits

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...s-2021-ford-bronco-fog-light-pocket-kit-sport

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ics-2021-ford-bronco-fog-light-pocket-kit-pro

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper / Fog Pocket Kit Suggestions Image from iOS (4)

P.S The Fog Pocket Kit will also come with an Amber Back light going forward as well!
How difficult would these be to install for someone who basically has no experience? But generally a handy person.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have pictures of yours?

OP
OP
JohnnyX

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all for the additional information. More to consider. Is the configuration I have in mind "road legal"?

Sponsored

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How difficult would these be to install for someone who basically has no experience? But generally a handy person.

Very simple. Especially if you have the Aux switches. I can help walk you through anything you may have as well!

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all for the additional information. More to consider. Is the configuration I have in mind "road legal"?
From my understanding Baja only has a SAE Wide/Cornering (Aka Fog) but not driving.
The others would be meant for OFF ROAD USE Only

Diode Has SAE Fog & Driving. So you could use at least 2 of the sets and never have to worry about getting bothered on the street.

Missouri is not a stickler for this but other states are so it is more state depending if you should worry 100% or not.

Some states require covers on non SAE/AUX lighting which is why we include the Diode Snap on Covers for FREE!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very simple. Especially if you have the Aux switches. I can help walk you through anything you may have as well!
I've got the aux switches. When you order the white lights it says there is amber accent as well. Does that mean it's an amber running light that's always on and turns white when you flip the switch on full power?

Also any chance these get included in the black Friday sale? Thanks.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got the aux switches. When you order the white lights it says there is amber accent as well. Does that mean it's an amber running light that's always on and turns white when you flip the switch on full power?

Also any chance these get included in the black Friday sale? Thanks.

That is correct the Amber is a backlight feature that is new and very cool. See the image above! You can wire it into a different switch or your parking lights. Happy to assist you with any other questions you may have.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

S2 Sport, Spot (2)

The kits we sell are the exact same quality, so it's not as if Baja has better quality over us... we sell Baja Designs :)

No matter which kit you buy, be it the Baja Designs kit w/KR Off-Road Brackets (which we manufacture here on Long Island) or the Baja Designs kit w/Baja Designs brackets, the lights are the same. We do include our harness with both kits, which is an upgrade over what Baja gives you (which is a BUNCH of harnesses that is a real mess).

With our harness you can run 3 pairs of lights on 3 switches, 2 pairs on 1 switch and the 3frd pair on another, or all 3 on 1 switch. Your choice.

We also let you pick/choose which lights to go with, which is unique to what we offer on our site.

You save a bit of money going with the Baja Designs lights and our KR Off-Road brackets.

Baja Designs offers a lifetime warranty, are best for off-road use and have a better finish over other lights we sell. Diode Dynamics offer an 8 year warranty and are better suited for street legal use, but their finish isn't as good as the Baja Designs. You DO save some money with Diode Dynamics.

We run Baja Designs on our demo truck everywhere BUT our fogs, which we decided to go with Diode Dynamics on, since we are set for off-roading lighting we wanted the best in street legal output.

Check out your options here and of course PM me if you need help. We do list some recommended setups on our page to help you decide what to go with. I'd recommend if you get Baja or Diode, get the KR Off-Road brackets, as they are readily available.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper / Fog Pocket Kit Suggestions Bronco3
Sponsored