Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question about Wiring left squadron.
The BD wiring harnesses could be just a little bit longer. While tight, the harness for the passenger S2s went nicely in the corner (pic 1). However, wiring that Squadron seems like you have to run the harness next to the radiator hose (pic 2 and 3). That makes me nervous. In the video below, he seems to also wire it near the radiator hose.

For those that have done this, how did you wire this left squadron?
@Meandeane @IDyeti @ebr
@Middleton_Sasquatch

Ford Bronco Wiring Baja Design Pocket Fog Kit BAE27E13-20E0-4BDE-BC15-F2ED6C7B3DDA

Ford Bronco Wiring Baja Design Pocket Fog Kit AB8A1BD3-1201-4B18-80B9-CD7033625CAB

Ford Bronco Wiring Baja Design Pocket Fog Kit 67CB9108-ECA1-4DEA-B160-7026E92B850D

at 13:40
Sponsored

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question about Wiring left squadron.
The BD wiring harnesses could be just a little bit longer. While tight, the harness for the passenger S2s went nicely in the corner (pic 1). However, wiring that Squadron seems like you have to run the harness next to the radiator hose (pic 2 and 3). That makes me nervous. In the video below, he seems to also wire it near the radiator hose.

For those that have done this, how did you wire this left squadron?
@Meandeane @IDyeti @ebr

Ford Bronco Wiring Baja Design Pocket Fog Kit 67CB9108-ECA1-4DEA-B160-7026E92B850D

at 13:40
So you did not buy this Baja kit from 4x4TruckLeds and got their upfitter harness? This is different than my wiring, 4x4 did a really nice job simplifying their harness. Sorry I can't help.

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you did not buy this Baja kit from 4x4TruckLeds and got their upfitter harness? This is different than my wiring, 4x4 did a really nice job simplifying their harness. Sorry I can't help.
I purchased the Baja Design SAE kit from 4x4TruckLEDs, but with the BD Bezel and BD wiring harness.

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’m going to try the method in this video instead, running both passenger harnesses along the skid plate vs. up over and down near the radiator. Currently one of the harnesses runs near the radiator hose and I’m worried whether it potentially could get too hot to have a cable there.

@Middleton_Sasquatch

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased the Baja Design SAE kit from 4x4TruckLEDs, but with the BD Bezel and BD wiring harness.
Our own harness is actually a bit longer and provides you 3 leads so you can connect the three pairs of lights, to 3 different upfitter.

With that said, you can use the harness provided in your Baja kit... just route the wire harness over your skid plate. If you follow other guidelines and bring it UP on the passenger side by the headlight, you may not have sufficient slack... so instead, route it over the skid plate. The power side of the harness should be on the driver side (meaning the other side of the "split" doesn't have the upfitters plugged in, it just ENDS at the light).

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... just route the wire harness over your skid plate. If you follow other guidelines and bring it UP on the passenger side by the headlight, you may not have sufficient slack... so instead, route it over the skid plate. The power side of the harness should be on the driver side (meaning the other side of the "split" doesn't have the upfitters plugged in, it just ENDS at the light).
👍 Yeah, I went this route and it’s definitely the way to go! Staying under gives you plenty of slack, going over by the radiator is too tight and puts it near radiator hoses.
Sponsored