Sponsored

Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper)

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
the bottom is how dark it was.

The top is just one pair of amber Baja Designs Squadron Pro in ambe driving combo of pattern. No headlights. I wish I measured how far that casts but it’s FAR. You could drive with those safely.

I don’t have one of just headlights but the base model headlights suck and they’re 2/3 of that fog light at best and way less distance.

I absolutely love this company. That photo doesn’t even do it justice. I have NO experience with diode dynamics and can’t speak to them but the Baja Designs can be rebuilt, lifetime warranty, and my opinion they’re amazing. I have 1 pair of squadron pros in the a pillar at a 30-45 degree angle, squadron pro in the fog spots in the photos below and a 20 inch light bar with a spot lens and I do 50/60 mph down dirt roads in pitch black Texas with no worries.

Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) IMG_6386

Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) IMG_6385
Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly! Decision fatigue for sure. 🤯. I know I want DD or BD. Leaning BD. But don’t know which ones from either brand or white or amber. Need ditch lights and back lights as well. 🤯. I’m a point to a picture on a menu kind of guy these days. 😂
Hey Irritated Jones,

this is the exact reason why we are here to help with anything we can.

I strongly recommend checking out our Baja Designs Lighting Zones Overview. This will help choose which pattern and location would be ideal for you.

Don't know whether to go with Clear or Amber? We have you covered. Our Amber vs Clear video will help pick what is the ideal lens color for you.

If you want to speak with someone about some of your ideas, we have some amazing, authorized dealers in this chat that can help get you all set up. We are always here to help as well, and you can always reach out to me directly.

Best,

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the bottom is how dark it was.

The top is just one pair of amber Baja Designs Squadron Pro in ambe driving combo of pattern. No headlights. I wish I measured how far that casts but it’s FAR. You could drive with those safely.

I don’t have one of just headlights but the base model headlights suck and they’re 2/3 of that fog light at best and way less distance.

I absolutely love this company. That photo doesn’t even do it justice. I have NO experience with diode dynamics and can’t speak to them but the Baja Designs can be rebuilt, lifetime warranty, and my opinion they’re amazing. I have 1 pair of squadron pros in the a pillar at a 30-45 degree angle, squadron pro in the fog spots in the photos below and a 20 inch light bar with a spot lens and I do 50/60 mph down dirt roads in pitch black Texas with no worries.

Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) IMG_6385

Hey @35tires,

Glad we were able to get your lighting setup all dialed. We are always here to help and it's always a good time talking to you. Appreciate the amazing pictures and am glad you like your lighting setup. I can already imagine how it looks with everything on 😬

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got a little bit of buyer's remorse. My bad for forgetting to tell my installer that I didn't want the amber background lighting. I ended up eating 4 out of 6 aux switches.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got a little bit of buyer's remorse. My bad for forgetting to tell my installer that I didn't want the amber background lighting. I ended up eating 4 out of 6 aux switches.
Not a problem until you go to use those extra upfitters. You can alays just disconnect the back-lighting eating up an upfitter WHEN you need to utilize that upfitter switch.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah. I don’t like how the yellows of the s4 and s2 are different shades. They look off. Noticed it this morning when someone pointed it out to me. oh well. Live and learn.
Next time I’m going with the Bajas.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Instead of using upfitters for the backlighting, you can just use this
to tap into the parking lights and this
if you have multiple lights needing backlighting. i have 6 baja lp4s across the bumper, 2 baja lp4s on the a piller, and 4 dd ssc2 in the factory fog locations all backlit using the parts i linked above.

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 12.05.25 AM

Here's how they look. The yellow colors are definitely not the same.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 12.05.25 AM.png

Here's how they look. The yellow colors are definitely not the same.
I'm guessing that SS3 is a MAX? The Max SS3 has a different lens because it's a different kind of LED chip behind it. They had to go with an "amber" looking yellow lens so that the output color temp matched. Otherwise the SS3 Max yellow and SSC2/SS3 (Sport/Pro) Yellows would not match. That's why they do that.

BTW your SS3 is upside down :)

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm guessing that SS3 is a MAX? The Max SS3 has a different lens because it's a different kind of LED chip behind it. They had to go with an "amber" looking yellow lens so that the output color temp matched. Otherwise the SS3 Max yellow and SSC2/SS3 (Sport/Pro) Yellows would not match. That's why they do that.

BTW your SS3 is upside down :)

It is? How can you tell if it’s right side up?​

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course. Doh!

does it affect the lighting at all?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Of course. Doh!

does it affect the lighting at all?
It shouldn't.

The fog pattern might be upside down which isn't a HUGE deal. There is a slight arc to the fog pattern which generally arcs downwards and in your case might arc upwards.

The same might be on your SSC2. The lenses/bezels might be upside down also which sometimes isn't a huge deal especially on combos or spots (the D on the bezel might be upside down is all).

The only time patterns REALLY matter is on a FOG light as I said, where it has a slight arc to it.

The SS3 is easy to flip as you just turn the light 180 degrees. It does require you to remove the light now from the fog bracket though

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks,
It shouldn't.

The fog pattern might be upside down which isn't a HUGE deal. There is a slight arc to the fog pattern which generally arcs downwards and in your case might arc upwards.

The same might be on your SSC2. The lenses/bezels might be upside down also which sometimes isn't a huge deal especially on combos or spots (the D on the bezel might be upside down is all).

The only time patterns REALLY matter is on a FOG light as I said, where it has a slight arc to it.

The SS3 is easy to flip as you just turn the light 180 degrees. It does require you to remove the light now from the fog bracket though
Thanks.

How can I tell if the SS2's are upside down? I had someone else install the lights for me, so I want to be able to show them that those may be upside down.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks,

Thanks.

How can I tell if the SS2's are upside down? I had someone else install the lights for me, so I want to be able to show them that those may be upside down.
The SSC2 don't matter in your case. Combos and Spots can be reversed. Although the bezel might be upside down (D is on top, might need to be on the bottom). But that's just a TINY little detail nobody would EVER notice. Even the SS3 nobody would ever notice but someone like me
Sponsored