Sponsored

Blksn955.o Diode Dynamics ss6 sae fog loghts and mod bumper fog light mounts.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my diode dynamics fog light mounts for the mod bumper holes. I did not want to use the 4x2x2 light setup. I ordered the ss6 light bars and mounted them.

pay no attention to the front plate...I have moves it like 4 times now to different areas trying to see what I like most. the plate is clear of the fog light.

Ford Bronco Blksn955.o Diode Dynamics ss6 sae fog loghts and mod bumper fog light mounts. 20220131_191658

on
Ford Bronco Blksn955.o Diode Dynamics ss6 sae fog loghts and mod bumper fog light mounts. 20220131_191743
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parts used

Stage Series 6" light bar (SAE Fog) pair. I also added the dual harness by checking the box.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-6-sae-dot-white-light-bar-pair.html

Bracket Only
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-fog-pocket-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-steel-bumper.html

6" light bar bracket pair
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-6-u-bracket.html

The brackets that come with the 6" light bar does not work well with the Bronco mod bumper as the light ends up being too low. I picked up the light bar bracket and they are about an inch shorter and perfect placement in the mod pocked. I installed my mod bumper brackets in the orientation where the bend goes up not down...if that makes sense.

With the mod bumper brackets and 6" light brackets you can really dial in the light depth and angle to your liking.

The install was straight forward but holy crap the mod bumper put up a fight.

My drivers side furthest out bronco bolt was REDICULOUS tight. Like if anyone at MAP knows who installs these...kick them in the nuts for me...lol.

That bolt broke my t40 bit...like snapped it off. I used pb blaster, map gas, and another t40 and never budged. Ended up stripping the bolt and had to drill it out. Fun Fun...said no one.

Last edited:

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the same lights but in amber color. Btw the bolts are a torx plus 40, not a regular torx. I had a ton of trouble with what brackets to use. The ones in the box with the lights wouldn't fit my bracket that came with my 4x4 truck led kit. But I finally got it to work with their U brackets they included with the kit.

OP
OP

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the same lights but in amber color. Btw the bolts are a torx plus 40, not a regular torx. I had a ton of trouble with what brackets to use. The ones in the box with the lights wouldn't fit my bracket that came with my 4x4 truck led kit. But I finally got it to work with their U brackets they included with the kit.
yeah, none of the other bolts where that bad and came off/went on fine. I do need to pick up a 40plus or 2. See what the FIL has on his tool truck before I order on amanamazon.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did email Diode Dynamics about their U-Bar, which has a slight bend/taper to it. I'm not a fan of that but using some washers helps the U-Bar a bit more.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any issues with it being too bright for incoming traffic? I got the same SAE SS6 fogs and holy crap they are bright! They are brighter than my headlights

OP
OP

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any issues with it being too bright for incoming traffic? I got the same SAE SS6 fogs and holy crap they are bright! They are brighter than my headlights
They are bright but I also aimed correctly as I backed my car up and measured the hight before locking them down.

I also am not one that uses fog lights 100% of the time at night. Probably 50-75%. I have not hade anyone "flash" me and have followed people a few places.
Sponsored