Sponsored

Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper)

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The SSC2 don't matter in your case. Combos and Spots can be reversed. Although the bezel might be upside down (D is on top, might need to be on the bottom). But that's just a TINY little detail nobody would EVER notice. Even the SS3 nobody would ever notice but someone like me
But now that you've mentioned it, now I'll notice! OCD is rough.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It shouldn't.

The fog pattern might be upside down which isn't a HUGE deal. There is a slight arc to the fog pattern which generally arcs downwards and in your case might arc upwards.

The same might be on your SSC2. The lenses/bezels might be upside down also which sometimes isn't a huge deal especially on combos or spots (the D on the bezel might be upside down is all).

The only time patterns REALLY matter is on a FOG light as I said, where it has a slight arc to it.

The SS3 is easy to flip as you just turn the light 180 degrees. It does require you to remove the light now from the fog bracket though
The guy who installed my SS3 is telling me that he just needs to turn the lens around and that it’s not the actual unit itself. He’s telling me that it may have been upside down from the factory. Does that sounds right?

I thought it might be a reflector behind the glass?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The guy who installed my SS3 is telling me that he just needs to turn the lens around and that it’s not the actual unit itself. He’s telling me that it may have been upside down from the factory. Does that sounds right?

he installed it upside down … he can’t flip the lens around without removing the light… the light can be be roster 180 degrees or the lens - both will require the removal of the light

bdunk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have Diode Dynamic lights and definitely recommend them.
Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) DD_Lights

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Logo's right side up when mounted normally.

Since the mod bumper kits flips the lights 180° upside down for ease of mounting, the logo is now upside down.

Two pairs of Torx screws on the back of the light (if you can get to them without removing the whole unit) and it should pull back and allow you to flip the lens if you want. There's not really much point with that particular lens, it works the exact same both rightside up and upside down.

DD SS3 lenses are hefty, solid polymer units, approximately 3/4"-1" thick that sit with on the board surrounding the emitters with a seal on the exterior edge and are held in place with the bezel and body of the light.

Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) 1699307079933

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Logo's right side up when mounted normally.

Since the mod bumper kits flips the lights 180° upside down for ease of mounting, the logo is now upside down.

Two pairs of Torx screws on the back of the light (if you can get to them without removing the whole unit) and it should pull back and allow you to flip the lens if you want. There's not really much point with that particular lens, it works the exact same both rightside up and upside down.

DD SS3 lenses are hefty, solid polymer units, approximately 3/4"-1" thick that sit with on the board surrounding the emitters with a seal on the exterior edge and are held in place with the bezel and body of the light.

Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) 1699307079933
Actually SS3 don't ever need to be installed "upside down". Their mounting point is in the center so you can always install it right side up without removing the lens or bezel
Sponsored