Sponsored

Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper)

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed SS3 Max, Yellow SAE Fog in original fog spot. They are crazy great and bright. If you are off-road, the yellow rules to cut through the dust.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
is it possible to have a set come on only when high beams come on?

I was driving the blue ridge parkway at night this week. The deer (and even a bear) were EVERYWHERE. Even with high beams on, I wanted more light down range.

Having the outer set be spots that come on with the high beams would mean that they would automatically go off when the high beams are on auto.
You can custom wire the fog pocket setup to your preferences with additional wiring.

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our in-house US service team would be happy to help you with that.

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is it possible to have a set come on only when high beams come on?

I was driving the blue ridge parkway at night this week. The deer (and even a bear) were EVERYWHERE. Even with high beams on, I wanted more light down range.

Having the outer set be spots that come on with the high beams would mean that they would automatically go off when the high beams are on auto.
I have done something like this by wiring into the fuse box with an add a fuse linked into the high beam… Works perfectly.

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have done something like this by wiring into the fuse box with an add a fuse linked into the high beam… Works perfectly.
may DM you when I get mine in if that's cool...thanks!

Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm trying to decide between the two options below for my modular steel bumper fog light pocket.
I'll be using the bigger, main light for driving on mountain roads in the snow and fog. And I'd like to use the smaller lights for off road use in the desert. My overall priority is to use the fog lights when it's snowing, and I'm headed up to the mountains.

Should I change up the smaller lights to cornering or flood?
Should I make all the lights amber/yellow?
Can I kill the amber backlighting on the Diode? I don't want to waste a switch for it.

Thanks.

Baja Designs:
- Amber Squadron SAE, Wide Cornering
- S2 Pro, Driving/Combo
- S2 Pro, Spot

Diode Dynamics:
- SS3 Max, Yellow SAE Fog
- SSC2 Pro, White Combo
- SSC2 Pro, White Spot
Even though you went with a DD Solution for the fog lights. I will still strongly encourage you to check out some of our lighting solutions if you want to take your off-roading to the next level. Since 1992 we have been cemented in some of the most important off-road races as the most popular due to the dependability and reliability that you get when you purchase a Baja Designs light.

Ideally, if you were to have gone with the Baja Designs Fog light kit.

Squadron SAE Amber - Perfect while on the road and works excellent to be able to cut through all the Dust/Snow/Fog. Each light is rated at 2.1 Amps/ 29 Watts / 2420 Lumens.

S2 Pro Spot - The Perfect light while off-roading due to the spot pattern that gives you distance but you also get some intentional spill to avoid the bouncing ball effect and avoid driver fatigue. This also works in the long run because it allows you to run fewer lights than other solutions. Each light is rated at 1.7 Amps / 23.4 Watts / 2,240 Lumens.

S2 Pro Driving/Combo - The S2 pro in the Driving/Combo will help tie everything together by blending all the lighting perfectly. You will get the best of both worlds distance with the spot and spread with the cornering and Ideally would be placed in the corners of the kit. Each light is rated at 1.7 Amps / 23.4 Watts / 2,240 Lumens.

All our lights except the SAE are uServiceable meaning you can swap the lens in the comfort of your garage or out on a trail. If you need something quick and easy, we also have rock guards available.

On occasion, we do see fading on older lights but other than that we use a high-quality powder coat that is able to withstand all the harsh elements that you may throw at them.

If you decide you want to add additional lighting and want to go with Baja Designs I would strongly recommend checking our ELS ( Effective Lighting Score) which helps give a better insight into the important key factors that go into an off-road light. We also offer a behind-the-wheel simulation that allows you to compare our lights to visually see the difference between models.

I am always here to help out if you have any questions about our products you can always reach out to me directly at [email protected] or via PM

Best,

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with Morimoto 4Banger HXB in amber; 1 wide, 1 combo, and 1 spot on each side because I was having a hard time trying to figure out which pattern I wanted to have the most light in the kits with 2 different sizes. The Morimoto kit uses the 3 of the same size lights.

https://www.morimotohid.com/Morimoto-4Banger-LED-Fog-Lights-Ford-Bronco-21?quantity=1
We sell the Morimoto kit AND you actually save money because we provide our harness at NO additional cost with the kit:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimo...t-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the kind of thread that makes my head explode. Im even further from figuring out what lights I want now. :ROFLMAO:
TLDR: Don’t buy Chinesium. Buy once, cry once and don’t look back!

Having experience with both BD and DD. It’s moreso the form factor/style, price point and backlighting choices that will dictate what you purchase.

Anodizing tends to age poorly in the UV, but it’s a tough finish. Powder can chip, but tends to age better with time. TIR vs High Quality Reflector Optics are just two ways to skin a cat.

As far as the typical 3”, 2”, 1” pods go, it’s really a toss up to features and value to you as the customer. You won’t go wrong with anything these two brands sell.

In my opinion, once you get out of the more entry level Pods/Linkable pods (SS3/5’s or Squarons/XL80’s) and into the big toys, OnX6 Light Bars/LP Pods/Laser Lighting - BD runs away with the crown.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the kind of thread that makes my head explode. Im even further from figuring out what lights I want now. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly! Decision fatigue for sure. 🤯. I know I want DD or BD. Leaning BD. But don’t know which ones from either brand or white or amber. Need ditch lights and back lights as well. 🤯. I’m a point to a picture on a menu kind of guy these days. 😂

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the set i have, i think its prefect, i DONT need more light and i have enough for "city" dark highways, and off-road

for a dark highway i usually use the Baja designs Squadrons amber fog lights, " driving pattern combo" and Baja design S2 Pro

i choose the Squadron sport, because they are not too bright so i can use it in the city and as off-road light during the day.

S2 pro, because they are pretty bright and i use these ones on off-road mostly. they do helo with fog too.

and in the center i have 2 LP6s, these are bright, like a lot,, you dont need more that 6 LP6s. unless you are racing at night or planning to offroad at 60mph plus.

i have then in clear, so i can change the black cover that allow you to have the little orange dot as a running light, and you can stich to an amber cover for off-road.

3 options with the lp6s.
black, so people will no know these are expensive lights,
amber for offroad or fog,
clear for any light scenario.

hole this helps your question

i also have 2 S2s sports in the back "clear" as chase lights, these works as chase lights with amber covers, or as aux light in the back or reverse.

Ford Bronco Need Opinion - Baja Design vs Diode Dynamics for Fog Light Pocket (Mod Bumper) bajad.JPG

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model